Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC), located in Jamestown, California.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Caligurl209

Depends what yard you talking about main side is pretty much faster. And facility 3 side ya they take longer to get there mail
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2015, 06:42 PM

He's in dorm 16 7up
Old 02-08-2015, 07:11 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl20985 View Post
Depends what yard you talking about main side is pretty much faster. And facility 3 side ya they take longer to get there mail
He was getting my mail at a rate of 1-2 weeks when he was at wasco and then got switched to SCC and they said they would forward my mail at wasco to SCC and since then iv wrote to his new location and sent letters there as well and the last later I received from him was about a week and a half ago saying he's hasn't got anything yet since the last one I sent about a month ago. I hope he gets them all iv even sent pics to wasco hope those are transferred. Thanks for ur advice!!
Old 02-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Caligurl209

If he's in orientation it takes a while. But there's been a lot of guys send to the hole that also delays the mail. But call tomorrow the mail room and let them know that you haven't gotten no mail. If there's a problem with his address or urs.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:51 AM

What is orientation? I haven't gotten a call either and he's been there about 2 1/2 weeks now. Thank you so much!!
Old 02-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Caligurl209

Orientation is when they first arrive there, they be separated from the rest. During that time they be seen and checked my doctors and counselors and there file is been looked at to see in what building they will be placed.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlendaRoseXo View Post
Thank you Hun!! Your lucky, I haven't talked to him on the phone once all letters so far. He's only been on mainline about 2 1/2 weeks now. He was transferred from wasco. Hopefully he can get to a phone soon. I hope the same for you!! Keep me updated if u get that letter!
Hello, my father was transferred from wasco to sierra as well and we haven't heard from him since, by phone or by letter....has your communication improved at all since you wrote this post?
Old 04-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Hancock State Newbie

I know what you mean ! A letter from DC to GA takes 4 days now it takes about a week to come to my home.. Ugh..wth..
Old 04-08-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki2015 View Post
Hello, my father was transferred from wasco to sierra as well and we haven't heard from him since, by phone or by letter....has your communication improved at all since you wrote this post?
Hi! Well since the last update on this post I started getting calls every 3 days and Mail twice a week so everything turned out great! He did start Fire fighting training for he didnt have time to make calls he finally finished the training on the 2nd and is waiting to get transferred but I still haven't gotten a call so I called today and asked the prison what's going on and they said they had a huge riot a couple days ago. So the phones get shut down but the mail is still the same. I am thinking either your father is still in orientation since he was recently transferred or because of the riot that is why you are not hearing from him. You can call the prison and get his housing info so you can write him. If he just transferred it does take time till you hear from them. Best of luck!!!! Let me know if you hear from him soon
Old 04-09-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlendaRoseXo View Post
He was getting my mail at a rate of 1-2 weeks when he was at wasco and then got switched to SCC and they said they would forward my mail at wasco to SCC and since then iv wrote to his new location and sent letters there as well and the last later I received from him was about a week and a half ago saying he's hasn't got anything yet since the last one I sent about a month ago. I hope he gets them all iv even sent pics to wasco hope those are transferred. Thanks for ur advice!!
It took 4 months for some of the mail to reach my son after being transferred from Chino to SCC. I had sent him stamps and writing paper because while in Orientation at Chino he could not have access to his personal property which contained his writing materials; received it 4 months later. Now at SCC they are forwarding his mail addresses to SCC to other prisons; what's up with that?
Old 11-14-2015, 07:31 PM
Caligurl209

Hello dolls, hope everyone is doing well. I have a ? Has anyone's mail been late to get to your loved ones? Lately or they never got it nor it got returned back. I'm so patient knowing how mail is but it seems like lately mail is taking long then usual or he's not getting certain letters. I send my loved one a letter from my sister and a picture and he still hasn't gotten it. I send it on the 28th of last month. Ugh sorry besides asking that questions I needed to vent.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:42 AM
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl20985 View Post
Hello dolls, hope everyone is doing well. I have a ? Has anyone's mail been late to get to your loved ones? Lately or they never got it nor it got returned back. I'm so patient knowing how mail is but it seems like lately mail is taking long then usual or he's not getting certain letters. I send my loved one a letter from my sister and a picture and he still hasn't gotten it. I send it on the 28th of last month. Ugh sorry besides asking that questions I needed to vent.
Last month that was our story my husband told me he went a whole week of no letters. And I had 3 returned to me which I don't know why everything was clearly printed and they came back almost a month later stamped in red NAME AND NUMBER DO NOT CORRESPOND BUT POINTING AT MY ADDRESS?? My letters to him take 10-14 days his to me take 4-5 days. He did mention he gets them out or order date wise so I think stamps and photos are being checked a lil more extensively. He's in the main facility don't know if any of this helps. I feel you girl I know its frustrating
Old 11-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Caligurl209

Yes mail is slow I talked to the mail room on Monday. And they were processing mail from the 5th of this month. But the guys are having a meeting with the mail room soon. So let's hope it changes for the best
Old 11-19-2015, 02:03 AM

I have been sending mail to my husband and he is getting it a month late. He just got a letter today that is dated from October 9th. The past two letters that he's gotten have been rerouted to another prison and we can't figure out why. I'm writing his correct information but they are sending it to CIM. Wherever that is. Has this been happening to anybody else? Extremely frustrating for the both of us.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:53 PM

Question Mail being rerouted?

have been sending mail to my husband and he is getting it a month late. He just got a letter today that is dated from October 9th. The past two letters that he's gotten have been rerouted to another prison and we can't figure out why. I'm writing his correct information but they are sending it to CIM. Wherever that is. Has this been happening to anybody else? Extremely frustrating for the both of us.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:03 PM
Caligurl209

Doll have you tried calling the mail room? And asking what's going on? I know level 3 side guys trying to hold a meeting with the mailroom
Old 12-09-2015, 03:55 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM143 View Post
I have been sending mail to my husband and he is getting it a month late. He just got a letter today that is dated from October 9th. The past two letters that he's gotten have been rerouted to another prison and we can't figure out why. I'm writing his correct information but they are sending it to CIM. Wherever that is. Has this been happening to anybody else? Extremely frustrating for the both of us.
Yes, it seems to be taking forever. My boy wrote to me not long after arriving there, in late October, and I haven't gotten a letter. I've been to visit him 5 times since he wrote. Don't know what's up
Old 12-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Caligurl209

Ladies call the mail room and ask what's going on. It seems that they are a bit behind but then again they lag more if people don't question there mail. We have issues with the mail room off and on and more since the mail room lady sees them as who are they? She says them inmates don't have rights so we don't care. That's not right they are still human beings.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:21 PM

Default How long does it take for him to get his mail??

Hello! I've mailed out letters this month but have no way of knowing if they're getting to him since I can't have him call me on this cell. Is mail really slow around the holidays? About how long on average do your loved ones wait for your letters?
Old 01-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Caligurl209

Good luck mail it takes its sweet time. And more on the holidays. They usually a week or more behind
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl20985 For This Useful Post:
Jenfriend (01-03-2016)
Old 01-02-2016, 11:08 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 526 Posts

Mail is never consistent when you are writing to someone incarcerated and the timeframe it can take for them to receive anything depends on a lot of factors.

On an average for good mail it takes about 2 weeks or so for me to send a letter and to get one in return. On an average for bad mail it can take 6 weeks or more for the mail to come full circle. Our letters take an average of 4-5 days to travel between destinations.

Yes at a lot of facilities mail does slow down during the holidays because there is always an increase in the mail that needs to be processed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Struck For This Useful Post:
Jenfriend (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Donation Award 

They totally read the mail at SCC. Like all things electronic, there is no expectation of privacy, with even the most complicated conversations being decoded and assessed. Depending on the content of the letter, it may take several weeks to get to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vorlon007 For This Useful Post:
Jenfriend (01-03-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 06:43 AM

I have sent 7 letters to my hunny since 12.26.15 and still nothing.. he lost his phone privilege so I honestly don't know what's going on.. I recently moved and he don't know my address....
Old 01-28-2016, 02:54 PM

Post Mailing stationary & Postage

Hello Everyone ,
Question... I have never mailed stationary or stamps to my loved one.How does one mail them? Do you just send postage in a regular envelope along with regular correspondence? And for paper can you use a large envelope to mail stationary? Any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 01-28-2016, 04:38 PM

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,249 Posts

Hi - You can send stamps in a regular letter but they can easily get lost so I usually send a sheet of 20 stamps (you can send 40) which I put in a separate envelope labeled 20 stamps in large print, 20 envelopes (you can send 40) but make sure they are not the peel & stick kind, and about 50 sheets of lined paper. I put everything in a 9x12 envelope and include a note to my son stating what I'm enclosing and highlighting it so it can't be missed by the mailroom. Just make sure it doesn't weight more than 13 oz. I don't think anything that weighs more than that is allowed. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
Springluv209 (01-28-2016)