Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC), located in Jamestown, California.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:01 PM

Default Early Release For Eligible Inmates At SCC?

Has anyone else gotten word of early releases from their loved ones at Sierra Conservation
Center because of Prop 47?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Caligurl209

No why is there a paper going around in there or just rumors
Old 12-10-2014, 05:52 PM

Thanked 3,893 Times in 1,225 Posts

My son is in Facility C and he said he heard of one guy who applied, but he was turned down. The early releases seem to be happening everywhere so I don't know why they wouldn't happen at SCC as well.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:56 AM

Yes people are home daily. It has nothing to with the prision. If the imate falls under prop 47 for resentencing they can file a petition with the county court that convicted them. A lot of the courts are just running mass case to check for eligibility if the inmate qualifies and has already served a year the D.A submits it to the judge for their release. The inmate does not have to go back to court for resentencing either. HOWEVER there are disqualifing factors. My husband qualifies just waiting on the judge to sign off and send the release form to the prison. He's seen about 14 ppl go home within this week alone. And now of 3 more set for release next Tuesday.
The Following User Says Thank You to snakeyes4real For This Useful Post:
Iwillbstrong4u8 (12-23-2014)
Old 12-15-2014, 04:11 PM

I'm waiting to hear of any second strikers to be released under prop 47. Does anyone have that feeling that if it's too good to be true then it probably is? Having a felony reduced to a misdemeanor is such a significantly reduced sentence for a person with a previous strike. I wonder if some counties are giving some people the max sentence of 1 year for each misdemeanor and then making it consecutive rather than concurrent? Gosh so many what ifs!
The Following User Says Thank You to momuvjosh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momuvjosh View Post
I'm waiting to hear of any second strikers to be released under prop 47. Does anyone have that feeling that if it's too good to be true then it probably is? Having a felony reduced to a misdemeanor is such a significantly reduced sentence for a person with a previous strike. I wonder if some counties are giving some people the max sentence of 1 year for each misdemeanor and then making it consecutive rather than concurrent? Gosh so many what ifs!
You can even check the cdrc website it a mass impact on them too. They are starting lay off procedures for employees, no inmates = no work. The felony turn over depends on the actual felony all the criteria are also under the actual prop. Not all felonies qualifies. Between prop 47 and 3judges lawsuit inmates are being released. Again just depends on the actual inmate. Spoke with hubby today more people got word of their release and that's in addition to the ones he already spoke of last week. I called the DA office again today and they were more then willing to give up the info. She also stated that in some cases they are reaching out to the families for updates and to inform inmates of certain updates. Good luck to ALL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snakeyes4real For This Useful Post:
Iwillbstrong4u8 (12-23-2014), momuvjosh (12-15-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 08:46 PM

I'm beyond nerveous just found out hubby has a hearing for resentencing under prop 47 set for Jan 2 2015...wish us luck, I'm way too excited he doesn't even know yet.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:49 PM

Omg that's so exciting!! How did you find out?
Old 12-18-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Omg that's so exciting!! How did you find out?
When I called the DA office Monday they told me to give it to Friday. I couldn't wait so I checked it on the computer by his case #. He called about a hr ago and he went crazy, and whoever was around the phones lost their minds too. Plus 3 more guys are leaving next week. They are really letting ppl go fast
Old 12-18-2014, 11:33 PM

Hi, what website did you go on?
The Following User Says Thank You to jilkenma For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilkenma View Post
Hi, what website did you go on?
Go the site of the courthouse the case was seen. He's falls under lasuperior court. Check check the criminal case calendar with the actual case #
Old 12-19-2014, 12:24 AM

I called the DA office in my county a few weeks ago. They said my son needs to send a request to the public defender office. He actually had an attorney outside the PD office due to a conflict. Anyway my son sent me this form that listed his cases and asks for resentencing under prop 47 and asked me to get it to the appropriate office. I sent a copy to the PD office and to the attorney who represented him. I have not heard anything back. I gave my sons address at SCC and my address and phone #. I'm wondering if there is something else I should do or if it's because he has only been incarcerated a total of 6 months? Gosh I just want to know a different release date other than the one he has! I realize others have been locked up longer but this waiting and wondering is awful. I hate to constantly whine when so many others have it so much worse and he wouldn't be there if not for his own actions. I'm am hopeful though from hearing about releases
Old 12-19-2014, 02:21 AM

Quote:
I called the DA office in my county a few weeks ago. They said my son needs to send a request to the public defender office. He actually had an attorney outside the PD office due to a conflict. Anyway my son sent me this form that listed his cases and asks for resentencing under prop 47 and asked me to get it to the appropriate office. I sent a copy to the PD office and to the attorney who represented him. I have not heard anything back. I gave my sons address at SCC and my address and phone #. I'm wondering if there is something else I should do or if it's because he has only been incarcerated a total of 6 months? Gosh I just want to know a different release date other than the one he has! I realize others have been locked up longer but this waiting and wondering is awful. I hate to constantly whine when so many others have it so much worse and he wouldn't be there if not for his own actions. I'm am hopeful though from hearing about releases
What you may want to do is contact the DA office again at the court that's where the petition go to be served via mail, or in person. That office reviews all petition for eligibility of resentencing. PD or attorney can only fill out the form they can't set hearing dates or approve the petition. Call the District Attorney to see if the form was submitted from either party you mailed it to. So far the response time for a court date is looking between 5-7days if eligible with a hearing within 30days of the receiving it. Also keep in mind how many request they may have received between the PD/ATTORNEY/DA . Hopefully the court has a website for u to check for upcoming court dates for the case number the charge is under if a date pops up everyone got what they needed. My hubby has been in a year and from what I understand people that have served 1-8 years are leaving. It just all depends on how fast your DA office is working.

Last edited by snakeyes4real; 12-19-2014 at 02:30 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snakeyes4real For This Useful Post:
Iwillbstrong4u8 (12-23-2014), momuvjosh (12-19-2014)
Old 12-23-2014, 02:46 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread!!!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:59 PM

Ugh. My county (shasta) is really dragging their feet. I called the DA office and told them I sent the paperwork/letter to them a few weeks ago. They said to call public defender. I called PD and told them I sent them the papers also. They said I should be hearing something back in 3-4 months. They are handling open cases first then the cases of people already serving their sentences as time allows. She said they only have 2 people handling all the cases. I told her I read in our local newspaper that there are approximately 48 people incarcerated that will be affected by prop 47. She told me there are hundreds and the newspaper did not get that # of 48 from their office! I'm going to wait until jan 2 then really start bugging them.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:09 PM

Its official hubby coming home. Got the call today from the PD office the judge signed off on his prop 47 hearing today. Waiting on SCC to get the fax. Good luck everyone!!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeyes4real View Post
Its official hubby coming home. Got the call today from the PD office the judge signed off on his prop 47 hearing today. Waiting on SCC to get the fax. Good luck everyone!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a way to start the new year!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Congrats on your loved ones homecoming
Old 01-03-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl20985 View Post
Congrats on your loved ones homecoming
Thanks we went from a 2016 release date to Sept 2015 release date to now this month. Im beyond ecxited.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Thanks we went from a 2016 release date to Sept 2015 release date to now this month. Im beyond ecxited.
That's good I'm happy for you. I can't wait till my loved ones back home
Old 02-07-2015, 01:40 PM

Hello Everyone ��

I filed Prop 47 for my man on Dec 10th, and I called everyday finally Jan 16 is when I got the word he has a court date Jan 26th well today it's Feb 7th and I've been calling everyday seeing if he's approved or not , after the court said Dec 10th that he would get a letter in the mail stating if he's approved or not it's been about 2 months now ,,

How soon should he get this ?? I can't wait any longer I wish I knew I would have gone to the court date myself ,

My mans on half time serverd a year he has 2 cases concurrent with 1st & 2nd Degree Burglary, I spoke to the deputy supervisor at the public defenders office where he's case was heard and he straight told me no he doesn't quafly but I filed the paper anyways and got the court date hearing he said if I filed he would get something in the mail saying he's denied but he hasent and it's been 2 weeks ,

I called him last week and he says he remembers me calling and that he must have missed he's papers to deny it , I think that's bs my man got 2 years for the 1st and 2 years on the 2nd degree burglary which 2nd degree burglary quafiles he does come home late April but we thought we give it a try ,

Also I heard if any inmate gets released from prop 47 tgere on parole? Well the judge stated on my mans case he wouldn't be on any type of probation or parole !

But please if anyone can give there experiences or feedback that'll ne awesome thank you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaliFireCampGal For This Useful Post:
momuvjosh (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 02:50 PM

The way I understand it is that if the stolen items are less than $950 then it qualifies. I'm pretty sure my son qualifies and he is a second striker. Our public defender received the paperwork on December 10th and they still have not responded. I understand the not knowing and all the unanswered questions. It's driving me crazy!
Old 02-08-2015, 03:21 PM

Default Hi

Quote:
The way I understand it is that if the stolen items are less than $950 then it qualifies. I'm pretty sure my son qualifies and he is a second striker. Our public defender received the paperwork on December 10th and they still have not responded. I understand the not knowing and all the unanswered questions. It's driving me crazy!

I guess there backed up with prop 47 but they said to me on dec 10th that he would get a paper in the mail saying he's denied instead of getting a court date so im guessing that if he didn't he shouldn't had got a court date but gosh how long do we have to wait to know when they'll ne released or not it's driving me insane lol plus im trying to visit this up coming valentines day weekend