Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:31 AM

Exclamation I need to figure out who his parole officer is ASAP!

Is there a way to find out who my loved one's Parole Officer is without my having to write him and wait for a darn letter back?

The Parole Board is going to decide sometime within the next two weeks whether or not he will be released early on house arrest, and I would like to write a letter for him. But I don't know if it's too late. And it will DEFINITELY be too late if I write him a letter asking who his Parole Officer is (to see if I can still send a leter and exactly what his situation is) and wait for a response!

He's in Farmington Correctional Center in Farmington, MO.

Help?!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

A Parole Officer will not be assigned until the boad mades a decision. If you want to write a letter send it directly to the parole board.

mrsd
Old 12-28-2004, 11:34 AM

If its a letter to the Parole Board send it to them directly. Otherwise I would call the Iowa Department of Corrections State office or County office where he is getting paroled too, and talk to them.

I have found that calling on the phone will get much faster results then just email or snail mail. When you have them on the phone they can't run, or say they didn't get the letter.

I'll go and see what kind of contact numbers i can dig up for you.

Start by Calling the facility he is in and ask how you write a letter to the
parole board!

(after Edit) And I see that the Wise Dragon has beat me to the punch

Last edited by FrozenInMinn; 12-28-2004 at 11:36 AM..
Old 12-28-2004, 11:40 AM

The only thing is... I don't know how to tailor my letter without speaking to someone about his situation more. I don't know if, at this current moment, he is still trying to get out on house arrest.

In his last letter he said: "I'm truly hoping that the Parole board lets me out early. I hate waiting to see what they'll decide. My Parole Officer recommended a 4-6 month advance on my out date, so I should get some play."

Does this mean he already had his Parole hearing then? And they're just making a final decision? Maybe it's already too late for me to send a letter...?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Well its confusing to me as well... normally they don't have a PO assigned until a parole is granted. you may just have to write to him for clarification!

mrs
Old 12-28-2004, 02:39 PM

Ok I called and figured it out. He had his parole hearing is September and was granted parole for next September.

So is it possible that his Parole Officer is just putting in a good word for him? Should I even bother with the letter? It's typed up and everything... and I'm ready to send it to my friend so that he can look over it (I sent another one in an envelope addressed to the parole board if he wants to send it off)... but maybe it's not even worth it? I don't know.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGirl
Is there a way to find out who my loved one's Parole Officer is without my having to write him and wait for a darn letter back?

The Parole Board is going to decide sometime within the next two weeks whether or not he will be released early on house arrest, and I would like to write a letter for him. But I don't know if it's too late. And it will DEFINITELY be too late if I write him a letter asking who his Parole Officer is (to see if I can still send a leter and exactly what his situation is) and wait for a response!

He's in Farmington Correctional Center in Farmington, MO.

Help?!
Institutional parole officers will report primarily (sometimes unfairly) about a prisoner's internal attitude and conduct in the prison and sometimes have a narrower perspective than Board members and staff. However, I don't see why the identity of his institutional Parole Officer can't be obtained most quickly through a call to his attorney or his Case Manager at the prison.

In this instance, I would also write individually to each member of the Missouri Parole Board, whose names and address contact info can be found at the following link, http://www.doc.missouri.gov/division/prob/prob.htm, expressing your support for his release to home confinement. They will make the actual decision on his transfer to home confinement.

In addition, I would also write to Paul Caspari, Assistant Division Director - Eastern Zone, at the address for the MO Parole Board. As the regional administrator responsible for reviewing parole candidates for Farmington, Mr. Caspari will be undoubtedly making a recommendation to the Parole Board after reviewing reports from your loved one's Parole Officer and Case Manager, other friends family members, and work and school colleagues, as well as any victims that care to comment on his parole request or hearing.

Finally, I would encourage family members, other friends, and work and school acquaintances to send letters on your boyfriend's behalf as well.

Best of Luck.

----Jeff

Jeff
Old 12-28-2004, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGirl
Ok I called and figured it out. He had his parole hearing is September and was granted parole for next September.

So is it possible that his Parole Officer is just putting in a good word for him? Should I even bother with the letter? It's typed up and everything... and I'm ready to send it to my friend so that he can look over it (I sent another one in an envelope addressed to the parole board if he wants to send it off)... but maybe it's not even worth it? I don't know.
Clarify the matter with your boyfriend. After he tells you whether an additional vote of the Parole Borad is necessary to implement a recommendation for Parole in September, I would send the letters directly to his institutional Parole Officer and to each individual member of the Parole Board. It can't do any harm and could help secure his release in September.

---Jeff

Jeff
Old 12-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Soul Mate/Wife

Also, you have got to understand that you are his girlfriend. They will first parole him to family first. Then they will need to check your background to see if you are eligble for him to parole to your home. But check with him first. Because if he did list you, you should be contacted by the parole board to see if you qualify they have certain restrictions. At least that is how it is here in Illinois and I know in California. Good luck on everything.

Anthony is the best thing that ever came into my life

April 11th our 8 years of marriage
Old 12-28-2004, 05:39 PM

Well, I sent him a copy of the letter and a sealed, addressed envelope to the parole board that he could send out if that's what he chooses to do. I may send him another letter tomorrow telling him to hold onto it and letting me know if he wants me to send the same letter to each parole board member. Anyway...

He's not my boyfriend... just a friend that I have known for 10 years. I've been more of a mentor to him than anything else. He's trying to get released to his sister's house. And I think he has a pretty good chance... considering she's a police officer! LOL

Thanks for everyone's help... I really appreciate it!