Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Tennessee should be posted here.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Default Bed at halfway house reserved & paid for, IPO dragging her feet

My brother was granted parole with a release date of Jan 1st as long as he was released to a parole board approved halfway house. They gave us an outdated list first from 2006 so they denied the halfway house bc it wasn’t parole board approved so we got an extension and a new halfway house. Now here it is a month after his release date, the bed at his halfway house is reserved and paid for, he has taken his prerelease drug test but his IPO officer is dragging her feet. She has made some comments about how often we call up there but he was suppose to be home a month ago. Does anyone have any ideas on who I can talk to about this? Because Whiteville keeps hanging up on me. Please!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBates18 View Post
My brother was granted parole with a release date of Jan 1st as long as he was released to a parole board approved halfway house. They gave us an outdated list first from 2006 so they denied the halfway house bc it wasn’t parole board approved so we got an extension and a new halfway house. Now here it is a month after his release date, the bed at his halfway house is reserved and paid for, he has taken his prerelease drug test but his IPO officer is dragging her feet. She has made some comments about how often we call up there but he was suppose to be home a month ago. Does anyone have any ideas on who I can talk to about this? Because Whiteville keeps hanging up on me. Please!
I am truly sorry you and your brother are going through this mess!! I have no words of encouragement. TN does not do many things right (giving room for TN to do something right---of which I have not found) and certainly when it comes to the incarcerated I do KNOW that not 1 thing is done correctly/right by any means. You said that Whiteville, hangs up on you. If he is in CoreCivic (previously known as CCA-Correctional Corporation of America your it is guaranteed your brother will be so screwed that TDOC will do what they do best, lose paperwork, have ignorant & hate filled critters NOT doing their job. I apologize for being so blunt & brutal but I know first hand what goes on. NO ONE in Nashville gives a breath/thought about doing anything RIGHT. YOU have to do what you can do FOR them and MAKE them do it.
Google: Halfway houses in TN Then click on Approved Transitional Housing tn DOT gov. In the first paragraph click on the underlined CURRENT LIST of APPROVED housing. The dates I saw are all 2018.
Best of luck and prayers for you and your brother...