Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > SHARING EXPERIENCES > Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons Post all letters, stories and information from inmates and ex-convicts here. Share their perspective with the rest of us who have not been on the inside.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 PM
SOGLAD

Default Hi, Lyngirl! Re: Dublin Ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyngirl View Post
Hello out there.. I just came home from Dublin California at the SPC Camp... I spent two years there and I am here to help anybody who may be going and need help with the federal system. I did the RDAP program and did 24 months on a 46 month sentence. Please get ahold of me if you need anything... even just to vent!

Hello Lyngirl!

I'm so happy to read that you have your new Life!

I have a lady and friend who is at Dublin and things seem to be in such chaos there?

I've read that inmates hardly get *anything* that a woman requires and that most personal things need to be purchased?

Now I understand that (for whatever reason) the inmates didn't get paid on the 3rd? Honestly, that seems so unusual and unkind to me.

Lyngirl, if a inmate has no income or anyone else helping her from the outside ~ what IS supplied and WHAT is not? Maybe that's too broad of a question, but there it is.

Lyngirl! I'm proud of you!

SOGLAD

Lyngirl, I should mention that I am a new member and it's really great to discover so many helpful posts here!

Last edited by SOGLAD; 11-03-2011 at 11:39 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 PM

Default 68 year old mother going to Dublin SCP

Quote:
Hello out there.. I just came home from Dublin California at the SPC Camp... I spent two years there and I am here to help anybody who may be going and need help with the federal system. I did the RDAP program and did 24 months on a 46 month sentence. Please get ahold of me if you need anything... even just to vent!
Hi,
My name is Serene. My mother was sentence 46 months, the court has suggested the Alcohol program. She has never been to jail before. She will be going to the Dublin SCP. My mother surrender date is 01/06/2012. She is not very computer savy and has ask me to write to you. What she would like to know is how did you get out in 24 months when your sentence was 46 months? Is there over crowding? She was very cooperative with the authorities does that help? She also has a very bad snoring problem, I am afraid it is going to upset the other inmates. Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!, Serene
Old 05-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Jabba's Wife

hey.. Well i did 21 months at dublin fci. It wasnt that bad.. It feels so good to be home. Did u have any problems getting a job?
Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 AM
gachristy

I was in Seatac for a couple months last year so I got to know some people in Dublin, and still write and email. I do have some questions for Sixnineten and Lyngirl, how do I private message?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,606 Times in 15,783 Posts

gachristy, you click on their name, and it will say send a private message to:
click on that, and send away!

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-23-2012, 04:19 PM

Default Hello, my mom is going in soon, I would like some advice

Hello,
My mother will be going in soon, she doesn't speak much English and I'm really worried about her lifestyle inside. Is it as scary as they make it out to be on TV. Are there fights and arguments. I'm worried. Please write back. Thanks soo much! How strict are they on the rules? And is the medical facility is as helpful as they claim to be in their Inmate Handbook?
Old 09-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Jabba's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxsitu View Post
Hello,
My mother will be going in soon, she doesn't speak much English and I'm really worried about her lifestyle inside. Is it as scary as they make it out to be on TV. Are there fights and arguments. I'm worried. Please write back. Thanks soo much! How strict are they on the rules? And is the medical facility is as helpful as they claim to be in their Inmate Handbook?
I was just there not to long ago. Feel free to ask me any questions, I was at the fci not the camp. And no it is nothing like on tv. It was my first time ever it wasnt that bad. It is expensive to be in there. So she will need around 200.00 right away to buy shoes,hygine and food. The medical sucks there honestly, that is always a problem. If she speaks spanish she will have no problems at all..Feel free to ask any questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to savvy11 For This Useful Post:
Atwater bound (12-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 05:54 PM

my wife is ss to dublin fci,this is good info,thank you.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:52 PM

Thank you Lyngirl for all of your support. I'd be lost without you. xoxoxox
Old 02-14-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Hi,
I just got sentenced and waiting for designation. I chose Dublin but not sure if I'll get it. Serving 48 mos. for fraud. How did you make your time go by fast? Did you work everyday? Thank you!