Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Institution (CCI) - Tehachapi Topic and discussion specific to CCI California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, California.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:39 AM

Thanked 1,916 Times in 949 Posts
Default CCI Yard Level?

Does CCI have a Level II GP yard? I've been looking for info but I can only find verification of a SNY II yard.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 AM
taking a break

I believe that all of CCI is SNY. I can be wrong but that is what is posted in CDCr website
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM
taking a break

the third page breaks it down.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Prisons/Profiles/CCI.pdf
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM

Thanked 1,916 Times in 949 Posts

Thank you I will go read the link you provided.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Thumbs up CCI.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiu Xiu View Post
the third page breaks it down.

url removed
It's really nice trying to figure out living situations at the prison with that. Thanks for posting this! This will help me A LOT. You can also change the CCI in the url with any other prison and it will show the stats on the other ones too. I wish I knew about this a while ago haha.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM

Can anybody tell me if A yard at CCI also known as the SHU is for inmates in protective Custody??
Old 12-31-2014, 12:41 AM

Thanked 1,991 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez4Life View Post
Can anybody tell me if A yard at CCI also known as the SHU is for inmates in protective Custody??
Yes Building A is the SHU and Ad seg.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:31 PM

Red face super newbie

Without telling my life story yet, super new to this. My loved one got moved to CCI from the SHU at Corcoran. We literally just started talking again ( letters) long story, before he got moved and I'm just kinda confused. Is CCI like a transfer prison? I know its SNY, so do they only send inmates there that are designated as SNY? He's in A yard right now, I suspect because he just got there and am hoping he will level down, but he was in the SHU for battery on an officer..soo....who even knows. Any hep for this lost sheep is appreciated. I have a lot to learn!
Old 04-10-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheroses View Post
Without telling my life story yet, super new to this. My loved one got moved to CCI from the SHU at Corcoran. We literally just started talking again ( letters) long story, before he got moved and I'm just kinda confused. Is CCI like a transfer prison? I know its SNY, so do they only send inmates there that are designated as SNY? He's in A yard right now, I suspect because he just got there and am hoping he will level down, but he was in the SHU for battery on an officer..soo....who even knows. Any hep for this lost sheep is appreciated. I have a lot to learn!

It's not a transfer prison. He probably got sent here because he got out of the SHU but will be on closed custody for a while. Since CCI is a 180 facility on A and B yards they transfer SHU kick outs to those yards to do their C status time because of the higher security level. It is not likely he will level down to a 3 yard any time soon after a battery on an officer, and yes only SNY inmates are sent to CCI.
The Following User Says Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
oftheroses (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 04:14 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshB2020 View Post
It's not a transfer prison. He probably got sent here because he got out of the SHU but will be on closed custody for a while. Since CCI is a 180 facility on A and B yards they transfer SHU kick outs to those yards to do their C status time because of the higher security level. It is not likely he will level down to a 3 yard any time soon after a battery on an officer, and yes only SNY inmates are sent to CCI.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was able to call records and find out exactly where he is so I can write him. I know I won't be able to get calls for a while. I also am assuming he is C status cos he just got out of the SHU and he was to, for a lack of better words "prove" himself. Yeah I doubt he will be leveled down for a while, or basically take that as fact. uhg his own fault but still upsetting. I appreciate you replying to me! I really do, it means a lot. This is all new to me and I'm trying to get the hang of it since he'll be there for the long haul.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was able to call records and find out exactly where he is so I can write him. I know I won't be able to get calls for a while. I also am assuming he is C status cos he just got out of the SHU and he was to, for a lack of better words "prove" himself. Yeah I doubt he will be leveled down for a while, or basically take that as fact. uhg his own fault but still upsetting. I appreciate you replying to me! I really do, it means a lot. This is all new to me and I'm trying to get the hang of it since he'll be there for the long haul.

No problem. Yeah I can't remember how long C status lasts, but at least a year I believe. That usually means one call a month and reduced privileges. Good luck on the journey.
The Following User Says Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
oftheroses (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
No problem. Yeah I can't remember how long C status lasts, but at least a year I believe. That usually means one call a month and reduced privileges. Good luck on the journey.
I have another newbie question, I have been looking here but have been getting confused. Are Orientation and Going to Committee or whatever the same thing? Like it's something they start out on when they get there? I am just waiting to hear from my LO, he just got there 2 days ago so I assume I won't hear for a bit. ( I know not by phone for sure, but letters might take a while I've read) So basically this is a step down program I think? Where they try to get down from level 4? I guess what my actual question is do they get more privileges after orientation or is it basically the same for C status?
Old 04-12-2019, 07:10 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,612 Times in 15,786 Posts

I can answer part of that question.....he will be in orientation for a bit.
I believe anytime they move them they go thru that part. Its not like reception as in its not usually very long.

I am not sure but I think going to committee is for parole purposes. (not sure on that)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 04-12-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I can answer part of that question.....he will be in orientation for a bit.
I believe anytime they move them they go thru that part. Its not like reception as in its not usually very long.

I am not sure but I think going to committee is for parole purposes. (not sure on that)
Okay that makes sense, thank you! Iím trying to read things to get a better understanding, but also know that not everyoneís experience is the same. However with orientation and stuff Iím sure thatís all pretty cut and dry. Iíll just sit here and wait, Iíve become quite good at it at this point! Thank you again.
The Following User Says Thank You to oftheroses For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I have another newbie question, I have been looking here but have been getting confused. Are Orientation and Going to Committee or whatever the same thing? Like it's something they start out on when they get there? I am just waiting to hear from my LO, he just got there 2 days ago so I assume I won't hear for a bit. ( I know not by phone for sure, but letters might take a while I've read) So basically this is a step down program I think? Where they try to get down from level 4? I guess what my actual question is do they get more privileges after orientation or is it basically the same for C status?

Orientation is roughly 2 weeks.
It is not a step down program, they basically put them on orientation until they can take them to "committee" committee is really just their "meeting" with staff to verify they are supposed to be on that yard, and find them permanent housing on the yard. He can send you letter while on committee, depending on how far away you are will depend on when you get the mail. I'm about 2.5 hours away and it takes 4-5 days for me to get mail. This yard is like any other 180 - 4 yard...same drama, same violence. We used to be on A yard but aren't anymore, it's a regular level 4 with added security. Yes after orientation they get more privileges but he will still likely be on C status and not have as many privileges as the medium custody inmates. "Orientation" is just a short term hold on the inmates while the new facility goes through their file and property to make sure they are good to go to the yard. The step down program is for gang dropouts who were validated but left the mainline. Hope that all helps.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
oftheroses (04-13-2019), sidewalker (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 05:53 AM

Donation Award 

Thank you Ash, I thought about it overnight and wondered if maybe *going to committee might be something to do with his housing, and not about parole.
Thanks for clearing it up. (its been a long time since hub was in and I forget details)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
AshB2020 (04-22-2019), oftheroses (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Orientation is roughly 2 weeks.
It is not a step down program, they basically put them on orientation until they can take them to "committee" committee is really just their "meeting" with staff to verify they are supposed to be on that yard, and find them permanent housing on the yard. He can send you letter while on committee, depending on how far away you are will depend on when you get the mail. I'm about 2.5 hours away and it takes 4-5 days for me to get mail. This yard is like any other 180 - 4 yard...same drama, same violence. We used to be on A yard but aren't anymore, it's a regular level 4 with added security. Yes after orientation they get more privileges but he will still likely be on C status and not have as many privileges as the medium custody inmates. "Orientation" is just a short term hold on the inmates while the new facility goes through their file and property to make sure they are good to go to the yard. The step down program is for gang dropouts who were validated but left the mainline. Hope that all helps.....

It helps tremendously. I appreciate it so much. Iím out of state for now but am going to be closer at some point. Then the visiting fun will begin! (Haha) Iíve read thatís another hurdle in itself. That wonít be for at least a year though. I really appreciate all your help!
Old 04-18-2019, 07:47 PM

I got a letter !!!! Ahhhh just thought I’d update lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oftheroses For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (04-19-2019), sidewalker (04-19-2019)
Old 11-12-2019, 09:58 AM

Default Yard and level question

Im new to this as well .I have a question.my brother is SNY and going to tehachapi level one or two .can anybody tell what yard he will be going on ? Or what yards are there for those levels .I have looked and with no luck . he is wondering what yard he will be on .any help is appropriate.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:04 AM

Donation Award 

What yard depends on his *points*
I think 18 and under is level 1
My hub was a 19 and wouldnt be able to get lower than that.

Hubs yard was lv 2 and a dorm setting. (a bunch of bunks in a room)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 11-12-2019, 10:14 AM

[quote=sidewalker;7801214]What yard depends on his *points*
I think 18 and under is level 1
My hub was a 19 and wouldnt be able to get lower than that.

Hubs yard was lv 2 and a dorm setting. (a bunch of bunks in a

He is a level one but when they told him to start packing that he might end up in level two.he didn't have any points until a fight that happen two weeks ago .I don't know how many he has now .
Old 11-12-2019, 11:23 AM

I'm not sure if I replied in the right spot .looks like I add it to your reply
Old 11-13-2019, 10:46 AM

Donation Award 

No worries.
All I can say if from when my hub was there. Lv 2 sny was dorm setting.

I thought they all had points....maybe Im misunderstanding it but my hub didnt do anything to add to his level. He went in at 19, and stayed that way the entire time.
So he had 19 points which meant he could only be on a level 2 yard. No way for him to go lower than that. (again, I could be mistaken on the terminology)

That's my dog's nose art