Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Community Corrections Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Community Corrections Facilities Topics, Discussions and Information relating to CCF & MCCF in the State of California.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:10 PM

you are not alone, my man is there also. I hope your visit went well.Please let us know how it goes, I have heard it is not very crowded.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 PM

My visit was great. If you mean the visiting room wasn't very crowded, well it was on Saturday between 12:00 and 3:30. Very crowded. Lots of kids, which was great since I had my two with me. Have you visited yet. Which pod is your man in?
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 PM

I have found the mail gets to my boyfriend pretty quick. Alot quicker than Delano. A dead turtle would be faster than anything at Delano. I have sent a box with jeans, t-shirts, underwear.... stuff like that without any problem. His sister had her M.O. sent back because it was not from the USPS. Also they are not on the JPAY system. I ordered him magazines from Barnes and Noble and he got them without any problems. Take Care
Old 04-16-2008, 09:42 PM

I just got approved to visit last week. I am planning on going soon. I am sorry to hear it was crowded since I also would be taking my little one. I don't know what pod he is in, I didn't think to ask him that. I always have a list of many things to tell him or ask him, but when he calls I am just so happy to hear his voice, I forget everything!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:04 AM

I know what you mean. When we couldn't talk, I had a million things I wanted to tell him and ask him. Then we he finally did call, I couldn't remember even one. LOL. Just to warn you, the temperture in the visiting room is inconsistent. The first time I visited, I wore a short sleeve shirt and long pants and froze to death. The second visit I wore a pull over sweater and was fine. Last weekend, when I took the kids, I didn't want them to get cold so I put them in thick shirts with long sleeves. Of course then the room was hot and muggy. I would recommend wearing a t-shirt underneath a pull over sweat shirt or sweater that you can remove if necessary. For some reason they don't want you to wear zip up sweaters or jackets.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:06 AM

The mail is extremely fast. My man usually gets my letters in one day. Also when I sent him a package, he needed contact solution. When I called to ask it it was okay to send at first they said no. Later they informed him that if I sent it, they would remove it and give it to the nurse to give to him. They seem to be pretty nice there.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM

thanks for info. I hated when he was in Delano since we could not talk. Now though the phone calls are expensive but worth it. I still send lots of letters even though we talk on the phone. I never remember to tell him everything.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 PM

My husband asked me for hair gel and I thought they would make him throw it out since the approved list of items says hair oil, but they didn't even say anything.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:09 AM

hey there ryan's girl,

well glad to hear your visit wuz good...as for me i havent seen my man since he got busted and that wuz in 05...part of the reason is there wuz so much he did wrong before he went in that in all honesty i hated him for...i will make an effort to go this weekend since i finally had the courage and heart to submit a visitation form and to my suprised it wuz approved...so i am pretty much feeling the same way you are at this point...i jst dont want to mess it up with having an arguement about the past but i guess we'll jst have to wait and see...well thanks for listening...

ttyl
lulu7969
Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM

I sent somethings not on the list too. For instance it said sweat pants and shorts with no pockets. Well, I couldn't find any so I sent the ones with pockets and they let him have them. They only thing they did do was to the deodorant. I couldn't find any in clear containers so they took the stick out of the plastic and gave it to him in plastic bags.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 AM

You are lucky. Since my man was transferred and we can talk on the phone and visit, he seems to have forgotten how to write. I miss the love letters he used to send.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:56 AM

Oh, by the way. If you are coming in from far away, there is really no place to stay in Shafter, however, just south of Shafter on Highway 99 is Bakersfield. On the Olive offramp is a group of motels that are very inexpensive. There is a Motel 6, a Comfort Inn, and a Vagabond. The Vagabond looks the nicest, but is very noisy at night. They all run around $35 per night for one person. When I take my little ones, I just list myself and they have let it pass. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:11 PM

Thanks for the hotel info. I will need it. He is getting out very soon. I can't wait. I am lucky he still sends me letters every week. Between the phone calls and the letters, I am getting more excited to see him. You are lucky you live close enough to visit regularly. I am in Texas and we have not seen each other since he went in. I plan to make up for that when he gets out
Old 04-24-2008, 11:21 PM

Smile

I sent sweat shorts and pants but they all had pockets so I sewed them shut and cut out the pocket to be safe and then he told me they would let him have them. He said they couldn't have back pockets! I laughed when he told me because I was so afarid they would make him donate them if I didn't sew them up. I also could not find underwear that were regular boxers in all grey or tan so I sent him white boxer/briefs since he said guys have some of those. I bought some deodorant at wal-mart they are clear gel in a clear plastic container. I can't remember the brand-sorry. I have yet to find toothpaste in clear tubes. I just want him to be as comfortable as possible.

Last edited by tonysgirls; 04-24-2008 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: left out word
Old 04-25-2008, 09:28 AM

I haven't found the tooth paste yet either. Thanks. I also thought about sewing shut the pockets, but he told me they were okay.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:34 AM

I'm glad I am close. Most weekends I just drive down and back in one day. I only get a room on weekends when I plan to visit both days. I'm going on Sunday this weekend. His mom is going with me for a surprise visit.

By the way since you are so far away, have you checked into the virtual phone numbers. I'm not sure how they work, but somehow through a computer you get a phone number with the same area code and the calls are a lot cheaper. If you post a thread asking, I'm sure someone can give you the info.

Have a great weekend.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 AM

Default CCF Shafter Thread

Hi, Since there are only a few of us with men at Shafter, I thought I would start a thread where we can post any info and just check in.

My dealings with Shafter have been very positive. Visiting was approved in three days. Visits are very casual. They don't seem to be too concerned with attire as long as you keep it reasonable. They are pretty laid back. Guards are friendly, etc.

Any info it welcome or if you just want to meet someone else who has family or friends at Shafter, please come join us.

Thanks.
dawn34 (01-08-2009), jayjaysgurl (05-05-2009), KCRgirl1031 (12-17-2008), MattsmominNY (05-28-2009)
Old 04-29-2008, 10:33 AM

Helpful Information
Shafter Community Correctional Facility

Address:
1150 East Ash
Shafter, CA 93263

Phone: 661-746-8900
Fax: 661-746-0758

Paul Lozano – Director of Business Services
Larry Hidalgo – Director of Security Operations

Other Contacts:
You may contact the following staff members:
M. Williams - 661-746-8911
V. Duffy - 661-746-8913
V. Alvidree - 661-746-8912
C. Nieto - 661-746-8900 ext 116

Dan Jensen
Training Officer
1150 East Ash Avenue
Shafter CA 93263
661-746-8900 ext. 107
djensen@Shafter.com

Larry Hidalgo
Director of Security
1150 East Ash Avenue
Shafter CA 93263
661-746-8900 ext. 109

Hours
Monday to Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm

Responsibilities:
CCF is contracted with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) to house 480 state inmates.

Directions:
From Highway 99
  • Highway 99 to Lerdo Highway
  • West on Lerdo Highway to Beech Ave.
  • South on Beech Ave. to Ash St. – second building on the right
From Interstate 5
  • Interstate 5 to Lerdo Highway
  • East on Lerdo Highway to Beech Avenue
  • South on Beech Ave. to Ash St. – second building on the right
Visitation:
Visitation hours are from 8:00am to 3:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Visitation is permitted from 8:00am to 3:00pm on the following holidays:
  • New Year's Day
  • 4th of July
  • Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Christmas Day

Vistitation contact:

Contact Lt. Dan Jensen at 661-746-8900 ext. 107

Visitors to the Shafter CCF must comply with specific rules. Failure to comply may result in visitors being denied access to the facility.

SHAFTER COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
VISITING RULES

1) Visiting hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (The following holidays will also
have visiting: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.)
2) All visitors must be pre-approved by the Shafter Community Correctional Facility prior to visiting. The inmate will notify you once you have been approved.
3) All visitors must have a valid picture I.D. (i.e. Driver’s License, California I.D. card, Federal passport with picture, Military I.D. and cards issued by the Department of Justice or Immigration and
Naturalization service.)
4) Minors must be accompanied at any visit, by their parent, legal guardian or an adult who is also approved to visit. Birth certificates are required for all minors. If accompanied by an adult who is not their parent, they must have written, notarized consent from the parent or legal guardian. The notarized written consent must be presented each time the minor visits.
** Legal guardians must provide proof of legalguardianship.**
5) All visitors and their personal belongings are subject to search. Refusal to submit to search will result in your visit being denied.
6) Visitors may bring the following items into the visiting room:
a) Clear bag (sandwich size)
b) Money for vending machines. ********NO WALLETS********
c) Car keys only. No attachments to ring.
7) Visitors with infants may bring the following items into the visiting room:
a) One baby bottle or pacifier
b) One diaper (no baby wipes)
c) One factory sealed jar of baby food
d) Infant seat/small blanket
8) All visitors and inmates must dress appropriately. The following dress codes will be applied:
For Visitors:
a) Shoes or sandals must be worn. Shower shoes are not permitted.
b) Visitors shall be fully clothed.
c) All shorts and skirts, including slits in the garment shall not expose more than the mid-thigh.
d) Buttons and zippers shall remain fastened.
THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF CLOTHING ARE PROHIBITED:
a) Visitors shall not wear clothing that resembles state-issued clothing (blue chambray or blue denim).
This restriction applies to any combination of the colors or materials.
b) Transparent clothing
c) Strapless, halter, spaghetti straps or bare midriff clothing.
d) Tank tops/sling shot shirts.
e) Attire displaying obscene/offensive language or drawing (including alcohol or drugs).
f) No wigs or hairpieces shall be allowed without approval of the Visiting Sergeant.
(Approval shall be based upon the visitor’s proof of need, e.g.; baldness)
g) No jackets, sweaters or hats (including baseball caps).
9) Visitors will not allow or cause inmates to handle currency (money) at any time.
10) The number of visitors per inmate shall not exceed three (3) visitors per inmate at any one time (including
children).
11) Visitors and inmates are allowed one “closed mouth kiss” and “hug” at the beginning and at the end of the
visit. During the rest of the visit only hand holding is allowed. Any other physical contact is grounds
for termination of the visit.
12) Loud or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and is grounds for termination of the visit.
13) No visitors will be allowed to enter the visiting room from 10:30 am to 11:30 am due to preparation for
facility count.
14) Maximum capacity is no more than 10 inmates. Room capacity not to exceed 35 persons. No more than 2
inmates per table at any time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan's Girl For This Useful Post:
dawn34 (01-08-2009), jayjaysgurl (05-05-2009)
Old 05-02-2008, 01:29 AM

Well it looks like I am the only one with someone in Shafter. Kinda lonely. Well I won't be visiting this weekend, so if anyone is going have a good time and I will see you next weekend.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:43 AM

Default Was Shafter on Lockdown This Weekend?

I usually hear from my man every weekend. I did not get a call all weekend. Does anyone know if something happened there? Were they on lock down?

Thanks for any info.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:42 PM

Smile dress out clothes

I just thought that others might like to know that at Shafter they do not have to have a special mailing label or form for the dress out clothes. I called (they are very polite) and they said all that is needed is to write dress out on the box where the inmate's mailing address is. Only one outfit, a backpack and a wallet. They said it won't be given to the inmate until the day of release.

I can hardly wait to see him. We are down to less than 3 wks.:love:
Old 05-28-2008, 02:50 PM

Hurray! Finally someone from Shafter. Thanks for the info. It's good to know. Congrats on being a short timer. I'm jealous. My man has until January. Good luck and be happy.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:15 PM

Thanks,we can't wait for him to get out. I think these last few weeks are the longest. He sounds nervous on the phone. He still likes getting our letters in between. He has already put in his order for a home cooked meal.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:54 AM

Are you going to pick him up in Shafter or will he ride the bus? If you pick him up, please let me know the details--such as where you picked him up, etc. I have heard that they have to ride the bus from some people and from others that we can pick them up at the bus station, but that we have to be there by a certain time in the morning and just wait till they bring them there. The wait could be several hours since they won't inform us of a release time. My man doesn't get out until January, it seems like forever.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:18 PM

I will be arriving in Cali. by Tuesday since I live out of state. I thought I would call when I get into town so I can meet him where ever they let go. I can't wait. I will post any info I get.