Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:49 PM

Default Anyone have experience with alternative custody program for women (ACP)?

Hi, I hope I'm in the right place. Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the alternative custody program for women? My mom is currently incarcerated and applied to come home with the ankle monitor. She's within the eligibility requirements (less than 12 months to serve, etc). Someone from FOPS called us in early November to start the process and she spoke to parole planning that same week. Nothing has happened since. She's been waiting for over 2 months for the social worker visit. Seems like women are leaving for various programs left and right where she's at (malibu fire camp) and she's just stuck! Very frustrating but as is the way of the cdcr I suppose. Anyway, just wondering if there's anyone with any experience or insight into the process.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkporcupine View Post
Hi, I hope I'm in the right place. Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the alternative custody program for women? My mom is currently incarcerated and applied to come home with the ankle monitor. She's within the eligibility requirements (less than 12 months to serve, etc). Someone from FOPS called us in early November to start the process and she spoke to parole planning that same week. Nothing has happened since. She's been waiting for over 2 months for the social worker visit. Seems like women are leaving for various programs left and right where she's at (malibu fire camp) and she's just stuck! Very frustrating but as is the way of the cdcr I suppose. Anyway, just wondering if there's anyone with any experience or insight into the process.
Hi!! I know this post is old but any information you can provide me of your experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:50 PM

Weeeblee-

I’m not sure how much our experience will help but I’ll fill you in on what happened after my last post. We waited another couple months until things moved along. She saw the social worker and within a month (this would be late April 2017) we met with a parole officer who did a quick home search. He basically just documented the house, who lives there, animals etc, and drew a map of our house and which areas she would be inhabiting. She was released to us from camp mid May 2017. We picked her up and she had 24 hours to report to her parole office. She went the next morning as that’s what her PO who’d searched the house recommended. They put on the ankle monitor. They gave her a small box that she had to plug in at home that wirelessly connected to her monitor so they’d know if she was in at curfew. She had a curfew of 8pm-6am but her PO said that could be adjusted if needed for work. She was on ACP from mid May to early December when she was released to probation. It went very smoothly. Her PO would come to the house once a month. After the first month or two she only had to go check in at the office once a month as well (at first it was every week or two weeks). She only had one issue with the monitor strap breaking but she alerted him ASAP and it wasn’t a problem, they just had to put a new one on. Overall it was a great experience once she got out on ACP. From what she saw of other girls going to programs and our own experience, once the social worker visit is out of the way and they get endorsed for a specific program, things tend to start moving along pretty quickly. Good luck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkporcupine For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-30-2018), Weeeblee (03-29-2018), xolady (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 05:06 PM

I appreciate your reply very much. It’s seems after the application has been screened or submitted at the mainline prison it takes a couple months to go through the motions. He’s only got 3 months left so I’m not sure if ACP will help him but we will try for it anyway. I was so hopeful as we miss him so much. Thank you again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weeeblee For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-30-2018), xolady (03-29-2018)