Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:16 PM

Yes Nygirl your right its just so hard waiting around without a decision knowing his son will be here in just about 6 weeks and they are just sitting on his files ... they should not be able to hold him this long without making a decision its not right.. it worries me sick everyday waiting on their response I just want to know what the hell is going on and what im up against.. the only thing I know at this point is it could be up to 2 years worst case.... but hes thinking he will get a 6-12 month flop im hoping hes right this wait is literally killing me
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2017, 08:27 PM

Thanked 8,883 Times in 5,125 Posts

He has been there less than two weeks from the time table you described. It is disingenuous to complain about an agency having a process run its course when the entire need for the process in THIS case was precipitated by HIS actions. HE is the one that CHOSE to flip the middle finger to his parole responsibilities. You become collateral damage, but the fault rests entirely with him, not with the agency...
Old 04-23-2017, 08:45 PM

They don't do six month flips unfortunately so if anything it would be a year. I know it's its hard to go through this and be pregnant to boot. Just relax and hope for the best. The process in quarantine could take up to six weeks at the most. My husband was there for four. Just keep checking Otis they change it early AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 05:20 PM

Smile Great News!!!

Well everyone just received the news today that his parole was granted just has to complete a program at DRC before he can be released was deff not expecting this at all but God works in ways we can not explain I thank the good Lord for giving him this second opportunity to do the right thing... Does anyone know normally how long the stay at DRC will be before he is released and any information about it would be helpful..... He is currently waiting at Charles Egler to be transferred does anyone know how long this process could take?
Old 04-24-2017, 06:18 PM

My son violated and is at DRC for a program and has been there since January. He won't be done with the program until June. He waited for a bit to get into the program (have no idea what it's called). It all depends on how long the program is and what the wait list is looking like to determine when he may get out.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:02 PM

They currently have him housed at Clinton county jail and it says MDOC hold so I'm guessing they are waiting on him to get into the program to be transferred... Any ideas of how long the wait could be?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM

The program is six months long and it could be anywhere from a day to six months before he gets in. They may transfer him to the drc but he will wait there until the program starts over and then it's six months.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:21 PM

He is still in Clinton county jail he says it's a 30-45 day IDRP program and he is doing his time there .