Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Central Florida Reception Center Phone Info

Does anyone have any information about the phone list approval time at CFRC in Orlando? My fiance has been there since Wednesday. I'm wondering if any of you can please give me any insight as to how long it will be before I hear from him? Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive on this scary new journey my fiance and I are on.

God Bless
Old 07-02-2006, 10:08 AM
J's Girl

If this is a transfer it usually takes no time (mine called the same
evening) but if this is his first location, it takes 10 days for him to
get his PIN and the phone list approved. I remember I hated those
10 days.. I did get a letter about day 8 or 9 though. It was great
cause he expressed hating being out of contact that week as much
as I did.. made me feel great. Then that first call came in

Best of luck. Hang in there...

http://poolplyr.tripod.com/j-rel.html

Last edited by Donna>; 07-02-2006 at 10:10 AM..
Old 07-02-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Donna

Thanks for your reply Donna. It is his first stop. He just left the county jail on June 28th I miss hearing his voice. I can only imagine how expensive the phone calls are going to be. How often are they allowed to call from CFRC do you know?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Jeremys Wife

If he is there just for reception he might and might not get to call. My husband couldnt call until a week after he got to his perm camp. So its all different But generally 1 - 2 week wait. At my husbands camp he can call twice a day but they cant call until after 3 til 10 I believe except on weekends.

Angel and Jaydon Nicolodi

Old 07-04-2006, 08:00 AM
J's Girl

AnnieW,

Angel is right.. some places differ.

When this all began for us, J was in County and we talked at least once every night and I was able to visit 3 times a week. Then he went to Reception. It was 10 days before he got his PIN and was able to call. That is when I got the most wonderful letter from him ever!

After he called we were back to talking everyday but no visits. He was there for about three weeks then got transfered to his permanent camp. There was no lapse in phone calls. I got a visitor app in the mail about two weeks after he got there, I mailed it back the next day and it took 22 days for it to be approved... sooooo between the time he left County and I was able to visit was nearly three months but thankfully I can afford the bill for him to call nearly everyday.. but it does cost between $150 and $200. I know I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay that and he knows it so he calls nearly every night. That really helps with the missing him, but you know, receiving letters (with heartfelt words) are something you get more if they can't call so much, I'm sure. I don't get as many of those as others because we talk so often -- so there's a trade off. With letters you can read and reread them over and over and over. So, if you all can't afford for him to call alot, it's ok, have him write. I know that you will LOVE those letters! And he yours. I cherish the ones I get from J. I only get about one a month because we talk so often but I love them because I love READING that he misses me and loves me etc. They are all stuck up on my mirror along with the drawings he sends. Makes me smile everytime I look up and read them.

Well, good luck to you, hang in there and remember to converse with all of us here... we are all going through the same thing... missing our loved ones desperately.

Happy 4th of July. Donna

P.S. I am not sure about how many times a day they can call or how often? Are there rules for this?
I don't know. J calls everyday. And has called 3 times in one day before when we had "stuff" going on
here at home that he was concerned about etc... so is there a limit? It doesn't appear so... at least
not at his camp?

Last edited by Donna>; 07-04-2006 at 08:08 AM..
Old 07-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Jeremys Wife

Jeremy said that they are only allowed connect a call twice. But if no one is using the phone they have allowed him to call again. I guess they want to give everyone a chance to use the phone before they start calling 4 times a day and someone loses their turn. Every prison is different and they all amaze me.

Angel and Jaydon Nicolodi

Old 07-05-2006, 05:58 AM

Thanks SO much for your reply's Donna and Angel. I miss David so much, it is physically painful. I won't even try to explain how emotionally painful it is. I'm SURE you both have felt it! Your encouraging words are so helpful, I really can't thank you enough. I feel like a member of my family has died. My "well meaning" friends want to set me up on dates, can you believe that? I feel so empty and confused.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:52 PM

Hey annie, When my fiancee went into CFRC I called to ask the phone question and was told to expect 3-5 weeks for the phone list to be approved and the pin issued. You can hope for it to be quicker (it is possible) but you should probably expect a lil longer. It took Jimmy the 3 weeks to be able to call. Good Luck. If you'd like confirm this you can find the phone number for CFRC on the FLDOC website. Hope this helps!

As to how the calls work after that it is based on the individual facility. But usually they can call as often as they'd like all though they are only allowed to use the phones at certain times of day.

It's not all rainbows and butterflies but compromise that moves us along.

Last edited by lostnlonely; 07-05-2006 at 05:54 PM..
Old 07-06-2006, 07:20 AM
J's Girl

Hang in there, Annie, we all know how you feel as we've been there.

Lostnlonely no more hu? I see that your sigy says less than 6 weeks til your Jimmy comes home... That's wonderful!

Old 07-06-2006, 09:42 AM

yup yup I am just now startin to get really excited about it...

It's not all rainbows and butterflies but compromise that moves us along.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:57 AM
strong enough

My husband can start calling at 11:45am, and up till 10:45pm, he has even called at 11pm on weekends. It varies, those calls can add up badly so be careful. We ran up almost a thousand dollar phone bill and my phone was cut off for a while. I have no long distance now and he cannot call me till I settle an account with MCI. Its easy to talk, and say call me back, if you are not done discussing something, he has called me as much as 5-6 times a day.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Where do we go from here?

I was told by MCI that it can take up to 3 weeks to get a call...is this true?
Old 05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Love knows no distance!

i was just wondering if CFRC is the only time they can add someone to their phone list....Is it true they have to wait every 6 months to do it?