Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 01-27-2018, 02:18 PM

Default Info on Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC) please, phone, visit, mail

My boyfriend has just been transferred to CFRC from county jail... I don't know what to expect. what happens during this new phase. How often can they call out? How long does it take until my letters reach him? can I visit while he is in CFRC?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2018, 05:33 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygirl! View Post
My boyfriend has just been transferred to CFRC from county jail... I don't know what to expect. what happens during this new phase. How often can they call out? How long does it take until my letters reach him? can I visit while he is in CFRC?
Please look on the other threads, especially What You Need To Know where you will find more info than you ever wanted to know.

At reception he will be medically and psychologically tested and evaluated and classified. That along with his rap sheet will determine his housing, psych and custody grade/level. This takes 2 - 4 weeks, sometimes longer.

You can write to him just make sure you put his DC# on the envelope beside his name. Also, be aware mail at reception is notoriously slow. You will likely get some sad and mad letters because often the prisoner thinks you have deserted him. Be prepared for the online DOC photo, it’s a real mug shot and his hair will be almost non existant.

He won’t be able to call until he gets everyone’s phone bill and each one is approved. Then, each person will have to open an account with Securus. This usually happens once he leaves reception. No visits at reception, once he leaves reception the next facility will give him visit apps to send to everyone over 12 years of age he wants on his visit list. No use in going until you hear from him or Classification you have been approved.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
xolady (01-29-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 06:36 PM

Hi. My bf is a permanent at CFRC as of a week ago. I received letters about 2 weeks after he transferred there and he receives my mail within about 4 days of me sending it out. He called me after about a month of being there and he calls me everyday. Visitation at the reception center is only available to permanents. Hope this helps!
Old 02-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThommmyS View Post
Visitation at the reception center is only available to permanents. Hope this helps!

If you are already on the visit list and:

If he’s transferring from one region to the other and his visits aren’t suspended. And, sometimes, if they need to go to medical for some treatment and he’s not laid up in the bed.

Call and make sure he’s not in confinement from a special review. Sometimes, if they are passing through and someone already there is special reviewed with them they both go to confinement until one leaves.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
xolady (02-05-2018)