Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 04-17-2018, 10:00 PM

Default Visitation application: Can I fill my part out & send it to him to sign?

Travis sent me a form to visit. I donít know when I will be able to because I donít have a car and heís about 2 hours away. However now that we know heís gonna be there a year (or more) we want to have it approved and on file so if I can visit. He sent the form to mail but it isnít signed by him. Can I fill my part out , send to him to sign & mail or does he have to sign one & me mail it after I do my part?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2018, 10:13 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,781 Times in 16,038 Posts

No....send it to the facility, not to Travis. His counselor can/will get his signature:
Quote:
An inmate shall not receive a completed visitor information form from a visitor or submit it to a Classification and Treatment Officer.
https://corrections.ky.gov/community...e%20Visits.pdf

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Wallflower78me (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
No....send it to the facility, not to Travis. His counselor can/will get his signature:

https://corrections.ky.gov/community...e%20Visits.pdf

Okay thank you. I wasnít sure if they would reject it without his signature. So send it all filled out even though his signature isnít on there? How long should I wait to have him ask about it if they donít contact him about signing it?
Old 04-17-2018, 10:49 PM

I had to send mine directly to his counselor. Some of them took only a few days after receiving and some took a week to two weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to dkjonaas For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjonaas View Post
I had to send mine directly to his counselor. Some of them took only a few days after receiving and some took a week to two weeks.

It has at the top who to send it - itís a ladyís name at the prison - itís pre-printed where all the visit forms go to but with it not being signed I wasnít sure if sheíd reject it but it sounds like she (or someone) can request he sign it once it gets to her.