Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 02-13-2020, 05:43 PM

Cool Intro--Bearsma from New Jersey

Hi, I'm new to this site and I just wanted to introduce myself and thank all of you for being here. I am sure that this is one of the last places that you, like me, thought that you would be searching for back in the day, when things were easier.I guess it is what it is but, I for one am so grateful to have found this site along with all of you! I've been stalking around and it sounds like their is a lot of knowledge to be gained on everything incarceration wraps its ugly hands around. From visiting and the dress code to putting cards in white envelopes opening side up so the mail machine doesn't cut your card in half! Thank you for those words of wisdom, lol! Seriously, there are just so many questions left unanswered when calling the prison for any kind of information. Anyway, i'll try to give you the short version of whats brought me here. My name is Christine, my sons name is Bear. His given name is Christian. I'm sure the prison believes Bear to be his street name but its not, he looked like pooh bear as an infant so we called him Bear and it stuck! Bear had been in and out of jdc since he was 14 , a full blown blackout alcoholic. Friday nights were always predictable, phone rings and its the cops stating i need to come down to the station and pick him up. He would end up in one rehab or another after a brief stint at JDC. The rehabs were never 28 day programs. Always 6 months or more, upon coming home I would eventually find out that he had a new doc that he was told about in rehab. He was up for anything including my prescriptions that were never hidden well enough. When Bear turned 18 I remember telling him that he would be going to County, the real jail, if he gets caught again. At this point he was shooting heroin, not only for himself, the so called friends would call or come over so Bear could shoot them up also. Pretty much a living f%$^&#$ hell. I lost my house to foreclosure around this time and set us up in a rental across town. I remember Bear stating, " oh good, now the cops don't know where we live! LOL, that very night he was brought home in a cop car! Fast forward, Bear was set up to be caught breaking in to 3 different cars and was arrested right outside my upstairs bedroom window. The detective yanked him out of the car thru the window, punched him in the face, broke his eye socket. okay, so he went to county for 8 months and then he went on drug court, uugghh! He had been given a 4 flat and had i known, i would have asked him to just do the time. drug court had so many obstacles, Bear had no car, needed a full time job, random as hell drug tests, at whatever time they wanted. 10 am on a monday, hmmm, did they say full time job? IOP 3 nights a week, probation once a week, they would call on any given day, a working cell phone, no, they don't provide that! Basically, Bear needed his own personal driver. sanctioned so many times that they kicked him off, went to mountain view correctional, worked on highway, not too bad, applied and got ISP!!! Was home for very brief time, left in middle of night, California, "big opportunity" to much heroin here, to tempting, this i believe. He was gone for 2 years, clean for 40 months when he was caught driving w/o a license and saw the jersey warrant. Jersey extradited back to jersey, sat in county for 4 months before ever seeing a judge! Did the CRAF scene for 4 weeks and then the bus took him to south woods. He should be going to the camps soon. Whats killing me this time is that he was and is clean when he got there, makes it harder to want accept for him and I and I catch the brunt of his frustrations because we are so close. sorry so long, so much more to say but im chill right now but really, thank you so much to everyone on this site! I think it'll save my a%#! Christine
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2020, 06:05 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,327 Times in 13,402 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Christine. I gave you your own introductory thread. I hope your son can stay off drugs when he comes home again, which will make it less likely that he will return to jail.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:51 PM

Default staying clean

So do I! This is the first time that i have allowed myself to be hopeful inn a long time, cautiously hopeful i guess. I talked to Bear and he was telling me that someone in South Woods O'Ded like a week ago. cant believe how much gets thru when it seems so tight security!
Old 02-13-2020, 07:14 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,488 Times in 16,824 Posts

Drugs are readily available in all prisons despite all the security measures aimed to keep visitors from bringing in contraband. I believe they should widen that net

My daughter was strung out on pain pills, then heroin, well over 10 years. Its a nightmare, waiting for that late night call or knock at the door No one can keep your son clean except himself. If he can maintain a change in mindset and a change in people, places & things and sheer determination, he'll be just fine I truly hope his bid is safe & speedy one.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 02-13-2020, 08:00 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,206 Times in 1,670 Posts

glad you're here, Christine. You've been through a lot. Bear is blessed to have a mom like you that will love him in spite of himself. God bless you, dear.