Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:48 AM

Question Time served amount is incorrect question?

What do you do if the time served is incorrect on the paperwork the jail gives you? My boyfriend thinks his amount of time severed is a lot more than he was given credit for. Unsure what to do about this. From what I was able to find online, which isn’t much, he would need to get it fixed before leaving jail and heading to prison. Not sure if that is accurate or not though. If I am remembering correctly, he told me he is missing close to a year of time served (he had done work release, electronic monitoring, time in jail, and an anger management program).

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2019, 02:14 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,948 Times in 2,245 Posts

Hello Amanda,

I have moved your question over to the Ohio forums to help you get answers specific to Ohio’s state system.

As a general recourse, you could always get any sentencing minutes from the court if that applies to his situation (usually when pronouncing judgment a judge will specify how much credit an inmate has accumulated as time served.). If there has been significantly more time since then, you might want to contact an attorney for a consult.

Hopefully someone will come along with knowledge specific to how the Ohio criminal justice system deals with these matters.

Good luck.

-Eric

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-15-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Hello Amanda,

I have moved your question over to the Ohio forums to help you get answers specific to Ohio’s state system.

As a general recourse, you could always get any sentencing minutes from the court if that applies to his situation (usually when pronouncing judgment a judge will specify how much credit an inmate has accumulated as time served.). If there has been significantly more time since then, you might want to contact an attorney for a consult.

Hopefully someone will come along with knowledge specific to how the Ohio criminal justice system deals with these matters.

Good luck.

-Eric
His judge didn’t have an exact number when he was sentenced which I thought was odd, then it was almost a week later that he finally got papers from the court that says his out date and amount of the time served credit.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:28 AM

I want to clarify that this is is Ohio state court and not federal? I ask this because while incarceration time counts in both state and federal, things like house arrest and others do not count in the federal system.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
I want to clarify that this is is Ohio state court and not federal? I ask this because while incarceration time counts in both state and federal, things like house arrest and others do not count in the federal system.
State not federal

The Following User Says Thank You to Amandainohio For This Useful Post:
Girl22472 (06-15-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 11:37 PM

Ahhhh.....why must getting any information be so hard?! I was able to get a printout of all his time served in jail but nowhere else was wanting to give anything to me. I have power of attorney for him and even with that it was no help. I am going to try to get ahold of his PO and see if she would be able to help me out at all. I was way off on how much time is missing too. Out of his 4 year sentence he should have right around a year left to do if the time served was correct, they have him down as needing to still serve a little over 3 years. And as an insult to the whole mess, his release date is currently set for 2 days after his birthday. He knows he was in the wrong to violate his probation but dang, they have him serving as much time as a person that went to court right before him got for murdering someone (nothing personal against any offenders who are in for that though).

Last edited by Amandainohio; 06-19-2019 at 12:16 AM..