Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news and information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news and information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Illinois, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-05-2020, 05:19 PM

Default Confirmed case at Pontiac C.C?

I don't know where to put this but...my husband just got told by a C.O that there was 1 confirmed case in his old housing unit. That they are about to put everyone on lockdown except porters.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2020, 06:19 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,116 Times in 17,124 Posts

Pontiac isn't on the IDOC list of facilities with a confirmed case - see attched. Its possible that the list isn't updated on weekends, so when its updated tomorrow, Pontiac may be on the list. If it isn't, the information is a product of the inmate rumor mill. Always verify any information that comes to you via the inmate line with a credible source.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (04-05-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 12:11 PM

If you rely upon IDOC's website numbers on positives, etc., for accuracy, you're going to be wrong. It's not a question of IDOC not updating on weekends, because it has and does. It is a matter of IDOC not releasing accurate information timely about when and how it is testing staff and inmates. It appears to be doing so ONLY in cycles. Notice the pending case number remains stagnated for DAYS on end. Whenever that number updates only then is there a slew of new cases posted in the IDOC chart. Those testing number pertain to Stateville, the epidemic center and it looks like they test groups of inmates only as they move unit by unit through the prison and then to determine where to place those inmates based on test results. The rest of IDOC facilities are being tested in the lackadaisical manner in which Stateville was originally tested before it became a problem. That is to say, there is either little to no testing being done at the rest of the state prisons and won't be until the inmates at those facilities start falling over like they did at Stateville. Then IDOC will decide that it better start testing at a facility.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peacehut For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-06-2020), Strong4us222 (04-12-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 02:50 PM
Donation Award 

I don't think they update that # tested at the bottom very often. It has been 187 every time I've ever looked. However the top chart of confirmed cases has been updating fairly regularly.

I'm sure you're right and they aren't testing overly thoroughly but... I don't think the # test on that webpage has any correlation, at present, to the numbers in the top chart.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saskatchewanian For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-06-2020), Strong4us222 (04-12-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 04:58 PM

The only reason the number at the bottom remains the same today is just because it wasn't updated today when IDOC upped the number of positive inmates to 101 and staff to 41. The big jump was, of course, at Stateville (from 62 to 95 inmates). The inmate numbers at the rest of the prisons are virtually unchanged. IDOC's numbers on staff are fairly accurate. It's using staff and the inmates at Stateville as the canaries in the coal mine with respect to giving IDOC an alert as to when the virus starts moving at the rest of state prisons. We can pretty much expect those prison numbers to increase only very slowly until IDOC gets the jump in staff numbers per facility which will indicate to it that the virus could be getting serious elsewhere. Only then will it start tests more inmates from that particular facility.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:14 AM

it is unfortunately not a rumor. my video visit just got canceled and I received this from my husband,asking me to call his lawyer.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Donation Award 

They have updated and 1 inmate at Pontiac is shown on the DOC website.