Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM

My Fiance told me they allow marriages now, I'll post more information once I have it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs_CRH For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (10-06-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 AM
J <3 J D.B.D.

Talking

Rumor has it... that this is all leading up to conjuical visits!!! Lord I hope so!! That would be amazing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Monita For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (10-07-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 12:11 AM
DAVID'S WIFEY1.1.09

It would also be great if they would be able to have family visits too next year will be my third wedding anniversary and no family visits, if anyone hears anything of it please let me know
Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,247 Posts

Just fyi, when I was at the visit this past weekend, m'love spoke to the Chaplain while I was there, and was told that the marriage thing is still not finalized yet. The Chaplain said it'll be a few months, possibly even a year til it's set up.

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (10-20-2011), ladyerks (10-14-2011), Mrs_CRH (10-15-2011)
Old 11-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Donation Award 

Smile Wish me luck please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesMyForever View Post
Just fyi, when I was at the visit this past weekend, m'love spoke to the Chaplain while I was there, and was told that the marriage thing is still not finalized yet. The Chaplain said it'll be a few months, possibly even a year til it's set up.

Well ladies, following the solid advice of Monita and others, I am going through the proxy process with Collin County. This is a remarriage for us, so being with him in person for the ceremony is not quite as important, although I would have loved it of course.

My loved one submitted all the paperwork to be notarized a while ago and we are waiting now to see if it will be done by the NFCF admnistration. So please hope with me that they will process our paperwork and I can remarry the love of my life.

I hope that a kind person there will do this for us in spite of all the other bad things going on. My guy is incident free and I hope they will support him and me just a tiny bit and notarize the form for us.

Thank you for any kind wishes,

Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
Old 11-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Donation Award 

Talking Good news for a change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2 View Post
Well ladies, following the solid advice of Monita and others, I am going through the proxy process with Collin County. This is a remarriage for us, so being with him in person for the ceremony is not quite as important, although I would have loved it of course.

My loved one submitted all the paperwork to be notarized a while ago and we are waiting now to see if it will be done by the NFCF admnistration. So please hope with me that they will process our paperwork and I can remarry the love of my life.

I hope that a kind person there will do this for us in spite of all the other bad things going on. My guy is incident free and I hope they will support him and me just a tiny bit and notarize the form for us.

Thank you for any kind wishes,
I thought I would share that the administration was very supportive in handling our paperwork quickly. I am flying into Texas and getting remarried to my life partner next week!

The Following User Says Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (11-10-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
I thought I would share that the administration was very supportive in handling our paperwork quickly. I am flying into Texas and getting remarried to my life partner next week!
AWWWW! Marie...that is WONDERFUL news!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

~~M'love

Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Donation Award 

Default Did it!

Quote:
AWWWW! Marie...that is WONDERFUL news!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
Everything went great, remarried by proxy in Collin County Texas on Friday!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (11-20-2011), MRS. DMG (04-08-2012)
Old 11-20-2011, 07:19 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Everything went great, remarried by proxy in Collin County Texas on Friday!
CONGRATS!!!!!!

~~M'love

The Following User Says Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (11-20-2011)
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Donation Award 

Default Wedding Ring info

Quote:
CONGRATS!!!!!!
Just some info for everyone on sending in a wedding ring. I have been talking to prison administration and here's the info.

They cannot be brought in any other way but by quarterly package. Sometimes they could be hand delivered in Cali, but not here at NFCF.

FYI. Walkenhorst does not even sell them at all. Access has sizes 6, 7, 8, on a forever backlog and sells no other sizes (my husband wears a ten).

The only other vendor who does have them is Union Supply. Union is approved by CDCR in California and Union told me they are approved at NFCF but my man says he was told no, not at this time.

So no wedding rings for a while. sigh.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:53 PM
He's the love of my life

Location: Originally California USA, moved to Michigan in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biznessgal2

Just some info for everyone on sending in a wedding ring. I have been talking to prison administration and here's the info.

They cannot be brought in any other way but by quarterly package. Sometimes they could be hand delivered in Cali, but not here at NFCF.

FYI. Walkenhorst does not even sell them at all. Access has sizes 6, 7, 8, on a forever backlog and sells no other sizes (my husband wears a ten).

The only other vendor who does have them is Union Supply. Union is approved by CDCR in California and Union told me they are approved at NFCF but my man says he was told no, not at this time.

So no wedding rings for a while. sigh.
My sweetie bought one off of someone, that's another way to go I suppose.

I miss you more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a great deal ~ Vita Sackville-West

The Following User Says Thank You to Rebecca0506 For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca0506 View Post
My sweetie bought one off of someone, that's another way to go I suppose.
M'love did that...but eventually it was taken. While he was still in Cali, a guard pulled him aside for a random shake-down. Since the ring was not his (even though he paid another inmate for it), they took it from him. Just something to keep in mind.

~~M'love

Biznessgal2 (01-04-2012)
Old 03-24-2012, 06:48 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Today I got a brief note from m'love, along with my pictures from the Oct visit, and a form from NFCF. It's this form I want to share the info from with you all....I'm gonna type it up, word-for-word (I wish I had a scanner right about now, lol). Here ya go:

Marriage Procedures

Before a marriage packet is given out, or any paperwork is started, all inmates who plan on marrying MUST meet personally with the Chaplain. At that time marriage arrangements will be set; instructions given; questions asked and answered, and then the packet will be furnished to the inmate.

After Packet is Given

I. Letter of request to Warden from both inmate and fiancee (to include): requesting a wedding ceremony in writing (wedding dates are twice a yea: July and January).

II. The facility will provide a clergyman to officiate, who will not be a volunteer or employee of CCA North Fork. The fee, if any, will be determined by the inmate and person who will officiate. Upon approval by the facility Warden, the marriage packet will then be mailed to CDCR for verification.

III. Letter to Chaplain with the above information.

IV. Marriage request form (14-7a) filled out.

V. Inmate signs a statement that he has read and understands policy No. 14-7.

VI. That the inmate's intended spouse must be on the inmate's visiting list.

VII. If either person has been married before, documentation of divorce provided.

VIII. If witnesses to the ceremony (2) are from the outside, they must be on the inmate's approved visitor's list.

IX. Both parties must sign marriage applications and licenses.

At this Facility (NFCF) the Following Procedures are Applicable:

Twice a year, the Beckham county Court Clerk will visit the facility to obtain inmate signatures for marriage applications and licenses. Inmates wishing to marry will be scheduled for the next available visit.
The inmate's fiancee will be required to go to the Beckham County courthouse to apply for the marriage license on the morning of the scheduled visit from the Court Clerk.
The fiancee will be responsible for the cost of the license and will be required to bring identification for both parties: certified birth certificate, current driver's license or ID card. Current passport or visa, or any other certificate, license, or document issued by or existing pursuant to the laws of any nation or of any state or political subdivision thereof, accepted as proof of identity and age.
The Court Clerk will take the application and marriage license to the facility that same afternoon to obtain required signatures from the inmate. Proof of identification must be provided once again to verify the information received from the fiance.

~~M'love

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (03-25-2012), FARAWAY LOVE (03-26-2012), MRS. DMG (03-27-2012)
Old 04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Just an update on some marriage stuffs...

I called the Chaplain on Wed...haha, he was like "didn't I just speak to you last week?" lol He's gonna probably be tired of hearing from me by the time this is all said and done.

He said that right now, they are only processing ONE marriage packet. The reasoning behind this is this: it's a new process at NFCF and he wants to make sure they have all the right information; he's not sure if CDCR will require more info from them or what, so they'd rather do just one, make all the mistakes with just one, and then learn those mistakes....instead of doing 5 at once and all 5 having mistakes. Makes sense...but doesn't mean I gotta like it. LOL I'm impatient, can't help it.

I asked him about pix, since I was previously told that the ceremony will not take place on a normal visit day. He said "Oh, I hadn't even thought about that, that's a great question." He said he's sure they will be able to make arrangements for pix to be taken of the ceremony, and he said "in fact, I will push for that to happen."

I asked about what kind of rings we can get for our loved ones...he said that was something else he hadn't considered before, and that he'll have to keep that in mind when he counsels couples....he said we can get our loved ones only solid bands (silver or gold), no stones/gems in the ring, but said they could be engraved. He didn't give me a cost limitation.

I asked about wedding gowns...I explained that the one I'm looking at doesn't have a train, but it does pool on the ground at the feet a little bit, and he said he'd have to ask but he thinks that will be fine.

I asked if m'love could wear the kufi (since he's Muslim), and he said "I think that should be okay, since they are allowed to wear their kufi for religious services, and I'll push for that to be permitted for the ceremony."

I asked how/what kind of ID (for m'love) I should take with me to the courthouse when I get the marriage license. He said they will give me a copy of his ID to take, and that will be enough. He said that the clerk will then bring the marriage license to the facility and have m'love sign it as well, and when he does, the clerk will check his ID then. He said the marriage license will cost $50.

He also said that the person performing the ceremony will cost $150, and that when the date gets closer, he'd let me know who to make the money order out to. The person doing the ceremony will not be a volunteer, nor any one affiliated with CCA or NFCF.

Haha, he told me if I have any more q's, don't hesitate to call and ask him....he said I'm coming up with good q's, making him think about things he hadn't considered before. I said "Well, I've been waiting for this, and so I've been planning it in my head for a while." He said "I can tell you're excited about it."

~~M'love

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
LadyScorpio86 (01-29-2014), loczrwc (06-15-2014)
Old 04-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Donation Award 

Default Wedding bands

Quote:
Just an update on some marriage stuffs...

I called the Chaplain on Wed...haha, he was like "didn't I just speak to you last week?" lol He's gonna probably be tired of hearing from me by the time this is all said and done.

He said that right now, they are only processing ONE marriage packet. The reasoning behind this is this: it's a new process at NFCF and he wants to make sure they have all the right information; he's not sure if CDCR will require more info from them or what, so they'd rather do just one, make all the mistakes with just one, and then learn those mistakes....instead of doing 5 at once and all 5 having mistakes. Makes sense...but doesn't mean I gotta like it. LOL I'm impatient, can't help it.

I asked him about pix, since I was previously told that the ceremony will not take place on a normal visit day. He said "Oh, I hadn't even thought about that, that's a great question." He said he's sure they will be able to make arrangements for pix to be taken of the ceremony, and he said "in fact, I will push for that to happen."

I asked about what kind of rings we can get for our loved ones...he said that was something else he hadn't considered before, and that he'll have to keep that in mind when he counsels couples....he said we can get our loved ones only solid bands (silver or gold), no stones/gems in the ring, but said they could be engraved. He didn't give me a cost limitation.

I asked about wedding gowns...I explained that the one I'm looking at doesn't have a train, but it does pool on the ground at the feet a little bit, and he said he'd have to ask but he thinks that will be fine.

I asked if m'love could wear the kufi (since he's Muslim), and he said "I think that should be okay, since they are allowed to wear their kufi for religious services, and I'll push for that to be permitted for the ceremony."

I asked how/what kind of ID (for m'love) I should take with me to the courthouse when I get the marriage license. He said they will give me a copy of his ID to take, and that will be enough. He said that the clerk will then bring the marriage license to the facility and have m'love sign it as well, and when he does, the clerk will check his ID then. He said the marriage license will cost $50.

He also said that the person performing the ceremony will cost $150, and that when the date gets closer, he'd let me know who to make the money order out to. The person doing the ceremony will not be a volunteer, nor any one affiliated with CCA or NFCF.

Haha, he told me if I have any more q's, don't hesitate to call and ask him....he said I'm coming up with good q's, making him think about things he hadn't considered before. I said "Well, I've been waiting for this, and so I've been planning it in my head for a while." He said "I can tell you're excited about it."
I do have some input on the wedding bands. As you recall we were remarried by proxy last year. I fought the good fight to get a wedding band in to him. The warden was firm and clear ONLY THROUGH VENDOR PACKAGES. Period. NO further discussion LOL. IN CDCR wedding bands cannot be engraved BTW. Anyway, no vendor sells them anymore but Union Packages and although they are approved through CDC for NFCF they do not send in catalogs so my husband and I have no idea what he would order. Anyway, that my input for what it's worth.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:32 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
I do have some input on the wedding bands. As you recall we were remarried by proxy last year. I fought the good fight to get a wedding band in to him. The warden was firm and clear ONLY THROUGH VENDOR PACKAGES. Period. NO further discussion LOL. IN CDCR wedding bands cannot be engraved BTW. Anyway, no vendor sells them anymore but Union Packages and although they are approved through CDC for NFCF they do not send in catalogs so my husband and I have no idea what he would order. Anyway, that my input for what it's worth.
Thanks for letting us know that. Ha, guess I'll be making another call to the Chaplain next week....I want to make him aware of this so that he can definitely verify (with the Warden) we will be able to exchange rings at the actual ceremony.

~~M'love

Biznessgal2 (04-07-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 06:09 PM

Hi ladies, checking in to see if there are any updates to the marriage process? I read they are going to start out with 1 marriage and create the process based off of this one.
Do we know when this marriage will take place? Or the scheduled date to begin processing all other marriages?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs_CRH For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (04-19-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 07:12 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_CRH View Post
Hi ladies, checking in to see if there are any updates to the marriage process? I read they are going to start out with 1 marriage and create the process based off of this one.
Do we know when this marriage will take place? Or the scheduled date to begin processing all other marriages?
You are correct. Idk if they have a marriage date for the first one yet or not. I plan on calling tomorrow to see if I can catch the Chaplain for some clarification on a few things. I did call Mon and was told (by the Chaplain's assistant/secretary/whatever) that the gown I had wanted to get will not be approved because it had rhinestones on it; he said it had to be plain.
I also asked about writing our own vows...and he said he wasn't sure if the person that will officiate the ceremony will let us do that, but it doesn't hurt to try...he said to write them and then send them in to Chaplain Michaelson and that the Chaplain will make sure the officiant will get them. (I want to clarify this tho with the Chaplain, along with get more guidance on the rings). When I call, I'll ask about the first wedding date...I'll let y'all know what I find out.

~~M'love

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (04-19-2012), Mrs_CRH (04-19-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 PM

Smile

Quote:
You are correct. Idk if they have a marriage date for the first one yet or not. I plan on calling tomorrow to see if I can catch the Chaplain for some clarification on a few things. I did call Mon and was told (by the Chaplain's assistant/secretary/whatever) that the gown I had wanted to get will not be approved because it had rhinestones on it; he said it had to be plain.
I also asked about writing our own vows...and he said he wasn't sure if the person that will officiate the ceremony will let us do that, but it doesn't hurt to try...he said to write them and then send them in to Chaplain Michaelson and that the Chaplain will make sure the officiant will get them. (I want to clarify this tho with the Chaplain, along with get more guidance on the rings). When I call, I'll ask about the first wedding date...I'll let y'all know what I find out.

Thank you. Please do let us all know what you find out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs_CRH For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (04-19-2012), HesMyForever (04-19-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Donation Award 

Angry wedding rings

Quote:
Will you please tell the chaplain that the warden told me they can only come in through authorized vendor packages and that the vendors no longer sell them? Thank you HMF

The Following User Says Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (04-19-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Will you please tell the chaplain that the warden told me they can only come in through authorized vendor packages and that the vendors no longer sell them? Thank you HMF
I did mention it to the person I spoke to on Monday (the assistant/secretary) and they said that I'd have to talk to Chaplain Michaelson about it because he would know more. So, I will def be bringing it up when I call back.

~~M'love

Biznessgal2 (04-19-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Greetings ladies....

So...I called the Chaplain again today and finally got a hold of him. lol. Here's what I was told:

Dress code for ceremony: pretty much same as visitation...no dress above the knee; no tight clothing (i.e no tights, no skinny jeans, etc); no halter tops or tank tops; no low cut shirts/blouses; no slits in the skirt/dress. We can have a white dress, but it cannot have gems/rhinestones/crystals/etc on it.

I asked to clarify about the rings...he said he's pretty sure you will be able to bring a ring for your husband...but if they try to deny it, that he will fight for that because the ring is important in a wedding ceremony as it is "symbolic of the covenant between the spouses."

He doesn't think we'll be permitted to write our own vows because he thinks that there will be a number of couples doing the ceremony at the same time, and that the vows will be generic because, obviously, not everyone is Christian.

He said the total cost for the marriage will be $200 ($150 of the officiant and $50 for the license).

I asked how far along they are with the wedding packet for the first guy, and he said that they will be sending of his packet to Cali, hopefully, this week. Once they get it approved by Cali, they will begin to accept packets from other inmates. He said the first set of weddings could take place in July or August.

~~M'love

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
Biznessgal2 (05-02-2012), FARAWAY LOVE (05-03-2012), Mrs_CRH (05-02-2012), Rebecca0506 (05-20-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
He's the love of my life

Location: Originally California USA, moved to Michigan in 2011

I am so excited every time you post on here, we have been together for 10 years and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. Wouldn't it be neat if we got married on the same day, hehe. Anywho, thank you so much for full the helpful updates. Man am I giddy! ((hugs))

I miss you more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a great deal ~ Vita Sackville-West

The Following User Says Thank You to Rebecca0506 For This Useful Post:
HesMyForever (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca0506 View Post
I am so excited every time you post on here, we have been together for 10 years and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. Wouldn't it be neat if we got married on the same day, hehe. Anywho, thank you so much for full the helpful updates. Man am I giddy! ((hugs))
Hahaha! I'm giddy too!! I feel just like you do...I just want to spend the rest of my life with my best friend....so excited! It would be great if we did get married the same day (good chance that may happen)!

I'm glad the info is helpful to others.

~~M'love

Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

MODS....can this thread be stickied? Just a suggestion.

~~M'love

Mrs_CRH (05-08-2012)