Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Question What to expect sentencing

Hello all
I'm new here and well seeking guidance and well maybe a friend or two. My guy is waiting sentencing this week and I don't know what to expect. He pled guilty. I only today discovered since he is still married that I won't be able to visit him? I'm not sure if I should even tell him this at this point. He's been sitting for a year so far, and I'm not sure why the divorce papers haven't been signed, they were in the process when all of this happened. I just feel so lost. I know that sentencing day is going to bring his depression on full force and I just don't want to put anything else on him. I don't know what to expect after that either, will I be able to write him? Is there anyway around this no opposite gender rule for married inmates?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2018, 10:56 PM

You can write him if you want to. Married or not your still his friend.
Sentancing day is the worse. The DA will tell the worse assumptions ever. That is what they do. They will attack his weakest spots. Such as in my sons case his best friend committed suicide just before his crime the DA used it against him. My son was abused by his step father and the DA used it against him. My son is dyslexic and that was used against him. This is what you need to prepare yourself for. You can not get emotional or say hi. Sentancing is brutal. All you can do is be there presence will show support. When he is sentenced you leave that is it. Good Luck. It goes pretty quick.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:46 AM

I'll still write to him. He is so broken down I'm not sure if he is going to make it through this. I'm so worried about it. I thought I could be strong but as it's gotten closer the fact that he isn't coming back for what could be long time is hitting me so hard. And not being able to see him has iced the cake. I'm scared for him, I hope he makes it
Old 05-08-2018, 10:30 PM

He should be fine. I have the same worries for my son but he adapts really well to new environments.
My son is going in for the second highest offense in oklahoma. If it were murder or drugs I wouldn't worry as much. My son got 5 felonies and everyone agreed that he was only guilty of 2 sort of. The other party should be in prison as well. They broken worse laws to set up my son. His conviction was based all on assumptions on what he would have done even though the facts didn't match the theroy. This is what you are up against. My kid go 20 years 10 suspended for making a comment online to a girl who was of legal age which everyone including the DA agreed. The DA will be out to destroy your man. That is what they do. Just keep that in mind on that DA. Hopefully he has a lawyer that will fight for them and not call the DA a nazi in open court.