Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2020, 11:02 PM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Here we go....again

Hey y’all

So the time has come again for my husband’s parole hearing well actually the decision. The lawyer and I have already spoken to his lead voter. He is in the Angleton region. He and I are just waiting on the answer, the hearing was last Wednesday. This will be his 3rd time up. The first time he got a 3 year set off, last year he got a year......and now we wait to see what happens this year. He has had the same lead voter all three times. I’m not gonna lie I’m nervous as hell. After that 3 year set off last year’s answer of denied was a tough pill to swallow. Here’s a little background if anyone has some general input. He has done 15 on a 22. He is a 3g (murder charge). He has not caught a case in his 15 years in TDC and has acquired three degrees (if that matters). I’m just hoping he gets an approval.
He was 19 going on 20 when he got charged. People grow and people change there’s no excuses we all make mistakes. Idk I kinda feel even though he has and is doing everything to atone for those mistakes that he’s kind of still being punished and being seen as that 19 year-old boy.....ugh idk I’m all over the place just trying to get my thoughts out.....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-13-2020)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-12-2020, 03:41 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is online now
Site Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 30,065
Thanks: 48,200
Thanked 23,303 Times in 13,389 Posts
Default

Welcome to Prison Talk MrsDulce. I hope your husband is paroled soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
MrsDulce (02-12-2020)
  #3  
Old 02-12-2020, 04:18 AM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk MrsDulce. I hope your husband is paroled soon.
Hi thank you so much....fingers crossed
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-12-2020)
  #4  
Old 02-12-2020, 11:41 AM
ambermarshall11 ambermarshall11 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nys United States
Posts: 363
Thanks: 6
Thanked 132 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Good luck for you and your husband best wishes
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
MrsDulce (02-12-2020)
  #5  
Old 02-12-2020, 12:30 PM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is online now
The Cowtown Moderator
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,833
Thanks: 2,522
Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,661 Posts
Default

I’m very familiar with the Angleton Board and the person whom you’re referring to as the lead voter. He’s the only left of the 3 that were there back in 2018 when I made parole and he voted against me the 2 times I came up. Having a parole attorney when you’ve got a 3g offense/conviction is a plus and so, I know how he feels. I spent most of time at Ramsey and Pam Lychner.
__________________
We're All In This Together
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
MrsDulce (02-12-2020)
  #6  
Old 02-12-2020, 01:08 PM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Good luck for you and your husband best wishes
Thank you very much
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-2020, 01:17 PM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
I’m very familiar with the Angleton Board and the person whom you’re referring to as the lead voter. He’s the only left of the 3 that were there back in 2018 when I made parole and he voted against me the 2 times I came up. Having a parole attorney when you’ve got a 3g offense/conviction is a plus and so, I know how he feels. I spent most of time at Ramsey and Pam Lychner.
Yes they say he’s fair but I get the feeling from others he usually votes against 3g offenders. I mean he seemed like a fair guy but who can say what he will do this time around. My husband is at Ramsey. Yes I’m happy we do have a parole lawyer. We had one last year too so maybe that helped who can say. But this being his 3rd time up with Mr. E as his lead...hopefully After speaking to the lawyer and after the information he has hopefully he can see that it’s time to let him come home. Honestly that’s the whole problem with discretionary if someone feels like hey I’m not gonna let you go because you haven’t suffered enough even if you’ve proven that you have redeemed yourself that you are trying to be a better person if they don’t feel like you’ve done enough time and they want to give you more punishment they can. Nothing you can can do about

Last edited by MrsDulce; 02-12-2020 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-13-2020)
  #8  
Old 02-12-2020, 01:54 PM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is online now
The Cowtown Moderator
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,833
Thanks: 2,522
Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,661 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDulce View Post
Yes they say he’s fair but I get the feeling from others he usually votes against 3g offenders. I mean he seemed like a fair guy but who can say what he will do this time around. My husband is at Ramsey. Yes I’m happy we do have a parole lawyer. We had one last year too so maybe that helped who can say. But this being his 3rd time up with Mr. E as his lead...hopefully After speaking to the lawyer and after the information he has hopefully he can see that it’s time to let him come home. Honestly that’s the whole problem with discretionary if someone feels like hey I’m not gonna let you go because you haven’t suffered enough even if you’ve proven that you have redeemed yourself that you are trying to be a better person if they don’t feel like you’ve done enough time and they want to give you more punishment they can. Nothing you can can do about
The Angleton Board has 2 new members that have come along recently and it's a scary thought to think or consider what that board will be like if the overall attitude of Mr E is the norm. I actually saw him one day at Ramsey in the hall back in 2018. I didn't know who he was at first, but I could tell by the way he reacted when we got within 10-15 feet of each other that he knew me by the way he acted......he was afraid.....someone there at the unit told me who he was. He was there to do a parole interview with someone, evidently.
Angleton used to be a good place to make parole and it may still be in comparison to some other regions, but it's like you said, if you have a 3g offense on your record......it's people like Mr. E that make getting out a very difficult effort and that's not right. He's the epitome of a hater and I wish I could say something good of him, but I don't. They need to keep people like him off of the board and out of the criminal justice system altogether.
__________________
We're All In This Together
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (02-13-2020), MrsDulce (02-12-2020)
  #9  
Old 02-12-2020, 03:51 PM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
The Angleton Board has 2 new members that have come along recently and it's a scary thought to think or consider what that board will be like if the overall attitude of Mr E is the norm. I actually saw him one day at Ramsey in the hall back in 2018. I didn't know who he was at first, but I could tell by the way he reacted when we got within 10-15 feet of each other that he knew me by the way he acted......he was afraid.....someone there at the unit told me who he was. He was there to do a parole interview with someone, evidently.
Angleton used to be a good place to make parole and it may still be in comparison to some other regions, but it's like you said, if you have a 3g offense on your record......it's people like Mr. E that make getting out a very difficult effort and that's not right. He's the epitome of a hater and I wish I could say something good of him, but I don't. They need to keep people like him off of the board and out of the criminal justice system altogether.
I completely agree with everything you said. I do think Angleton Is still a good region to be in compared to others. Although attitudes like Mr. E do not need to be in the criminal justice system or on the board. How can it be a fair system if you are not being fair to everyone. To put people in place who have the authority to release you at their discretion does seem a bit unfair. Their thoughts their feelings their opinions can get in the way if they are not held up to a professional standard. I know right now they are working to get an oversight over TDCJ because of a lot of unfair practices that have been going on. They have a good time credit but yet it doesn’t count for anything. They also hide those minutes those credits even from the offender themselves saying
it is not public what is the person asking for it can’t even see the credits they’ve earned then who can? And I don’t know if you were still around when all that drama went down and Ramsey When they head office is planting stuff on inmates. when they had offices planting stuff on inmates.The whole system is a mess and honestly Texas is stuff in general.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-13-2020)
  #10  
Old 02-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is online now
The Cowtown Moderator
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,833
Thanks: 2,522
Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,661 Posts
Default What Comes Around Goes Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDulce View Post
I completely agree with everything you said. I do think Angleton Is still a good region to be in compared to others. Although attitudes like Mr. E do not need to be in the criminal justice system or on the board. How can it be a fair system if you are not being fair to everyone. To put people in place who have the authority to release you at their discretion does seem a bit unfair. Their thoughts their feelings their opinions can get in the way if they are not held up to a professional standard. I know right now they are working to get an oversight over TDCJ because of a lot of unfair practices that have been going on. They have a good time credit but yet it doesn’t count for anything. They also hide those minutes those credits even from the offender themselves saying
it is not public what is the person asking for it can’t even see the credits they’ve earned then who can? And I don’t know if you were still around when all that drama went down and Ramsey When they head office is planting stuff on inmates. when they had offices planting stuff on inmates.The whole system is a mess and honestly Texas is stuff in general.
Yes, I was there when Major Jackson, Captain Gilbert, a lieutenant, 2 sergeants, and another correctional officer were fired or demoted over planting evidence in prisoner’s cell and writing cases just for the sake of a quota. I was one of the people that received a minor case for having property improperly stored in my cell during that campaign Captain Gilbert was gung ho about. We (Capt Gilbert & me) exchanged words over the disciplinary hearing to do with that write up. At one point while speaking, he interrupted and told me to get the f#ck out of his officer before he put foot up my #ss and I had plenty to say in response to him. I’m lucky I didn’t go to lockup that day because I had, I would lost my FI to go home. Yes, I was there.
I was also there when Alfred Brosig murdered Kenneth Johnson, December 2017. That actually happened about 200 feet from the cell I was housed in. Ramsey is a really old facility. It’s not a bad place to do time, but in places, it has a very intense vibe about it. You’ve got men there that have done over 40 years flat and many of them, you don’t want to get too close to them because the vast majority are not ever getting out. And they don’t allow many who are going home in the near future to become a familiar face. It’s too hard for them.
One of the things they do there that is dangerous is they don’t think twice about housing someone with short time in a two man cell with someone who’s been there a long time or looks to do a lot of time. Were it not for the fact that I’ve done quite a bit of time in the past (18 years) it could have been a problem for me…..maybe. Some men want to use the years they’ve been inside as way to intimidate others who are seemingly new and…..I didn’t go for any of that. I made it real clear to everyone around me “hey, I’m here to do my time and get along with everyone, but make no mistake, I’m not afraid to get punched in the face to fend for myself, if it comes to that.”
The early to mid-1990s is when mandatory supervision became a thing of the past. Kenneth McDuff, Ricky Lee Green, Henry Lee Lucas and Michael Blair were host of characters that had gotten out of prison and committed more heinous crimes than what they’d been sent to prison for. Kenneth McDuff is the one that I remember the most to do with that. And because of their actions, parole, sentencing guidelines, the aggravated law, the prison boom under the Bush administration as his tenure as governor…….all that changed. And so it goes.
__________________
We're All In This Together
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (02-13-2020)
  #11  
Old 02-13-2020, 05:48 AM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Yes, I was there when Major Jackson, Captain Gilbert, a lieutenant, 2 sergeants, and another correctional officer were fired or demoted over planting evidence in prisoner’s cell and writing cases just for the sake of a quota. I was one of the people that received a minor case for having property improperly stored in my cell during that campaign Captain Gilbert was gung ho about. We (Capt Gilbert & me) exchanged words over the disciplinary hearing to do with that write up. At one point while speaking, he interrupted and told me to get the f#ck out of his officer before he put foot up my #ss and I had plenty to say in response to him. I’m lucky I didn’t go to lockup that day because I had, I would lost my FI to go home. Yes, I was there.
I was also there when Alfred Brosig murdered Kenneth Johnson, December 2017. That actually happened about 200 feet from the cell I was housed in. Ramsey is a really old facility. It’s not a bad place to do time, but in places, it has a very intense vibe about it. You’ve got men there that have done over 40 years flat and many of them, you don’t want to get too close to them because the vast majority are not ever getting out. And they don’t allow many who are going home in the near future to become a familiar face. It’s too hard for them.
One of the things they do there that is dangerous is they don’t think twice about housing someone with short time in a two man cell with someone who’s been there a long time or looks to do a lot of time. Were it not for the fact that I’ve done quite a bit of time in the past (18 years) it could have been a problem for me…..maybe. Some men want to use the years they’ve been inside as way to intimidate others who are seemingly new and…..I didn’t go for any of that. I made it real clear to everyone around me “hey, I’m here to do my time and get along with everyone, but make no mistake, I’m not afraid to get punched in the face to fend for myself, if it comes to that.”
The early to mid-1990s is when mandatory supervision became a thing of the past. Kenneth McDuff, Ricky Lee Green, Henry Lee Lucas and Michael Blair were host of characters that had gotten out of prison and committed more heinous crimes than what they’d been sent to prison for. Kenneth McDuff is the one that I remember the most to do with that. And because of their actions, parole, sentencing guidelines, the aggravated law, the prison boom under the Bush administration as his tenure as governor…….all that changed. And so it goes.
All that was a crazy horrible mess.... honestly they deserved a lot more and I think it was Major that resigned instead of facing demotion. Whichever one was the really skinny guy. I used to call him Skeletor lol. He was a real piece of work anyway complete a*shole. I know someone got out and is filing a lawsuit against one of them and he has a real case but there was a camera by his cell when they were doing that. Ugh it still disgusts me how all that went down. My husband didn’t get any write ups thank goodness but they did put him in I can’t remember what he exactly calls it but I say the “naughty” wing were the trouble makers go. sad part is he actually didn’t do anything. He was pissed. Sigh after all that if they don’t think sh*t isn’t screwed up all around.....then lawd help us all. Also they had the classification all jacked up people with in a certain weight class were supposed to be housed together but yet that wasn’t happening. It’s just a mess but they really don’t want that oversight either so it seems the last year they have been scrambling to actually get in compliance. Omg I remember that murder that too smh it honestly happens all but I definitely remember when my husband told me about that. It was sometime after the Marriage seminar that happened in November.

Now with no more mandatory supervision everything is now discretionary mandatory supervision. idk I mean there are some crimes that have a higher chance of being recommitted statistically speaking but are they actually truly taking into account ones age and time served and are really looking at the files and taking in all information without personal feelings. I think it should be mandatory that the parole board speak to the inmate when they come up for parole if not the first then damnit at least the second, and not just when they have served almost the whole sentence and they are wondering why they haven’t been released.... like really?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-13-2020)
  #12  
Old 02-13-2020, 06:35 AM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is online now
The Cowtown Moderator
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,833
Thanks: 2,522
Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,661 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDulce View Post
All that was a crazy horrible mess.... honestly they deserved a lot more and I think it was Major that resigned instead of facing demotion. Whichever one was the really skinny guy. I used to call him Skeletor lol. He was a real piece of work anyway complete a*shole. I know someone got out and is filing a lawsuit against one of them and he has a real case but there was a camera by his cell when they were doing that. Ugh it still disgusts me how all that went down. My husband didn’t get any write ups thank goodness but they did put him in I can’t remember what he exactly calls it but I say the “naughty” wing were the trouble makers go. sad part is he actually didn’t do anything. He was pissed. Sigh after all that if they don’t think sh*t isn’t screwed up all around.....then lawd help us all. Also they had the classification all jacked up people with in a certain weight class were supposed to be housed together but yet that wasn’t happening. It’s just a mess but they really don’t want that oversight either so it seems the last year they have been scrambling to actually get in compliance. Omg I remember that murder that too smh it honestly happens all but I definitely remember when my husband told me about that. It was sometime after the Marriage seminar that happened in November.

Now with no more mandatory supervision everything is now discretionary mandatory supervision. idk I mean there are some crimes that have a higher chance of being recommitted statistically speaking but are they actually truly taking into account ones age and time served and are really looking at the files and taking in all information without personal feelings. I think it should be mandatory that the parole board speak to the inmate when they come up for parole if not the first then damnit at least the second, and not just when they have served almost the whole sentence and they are wondering why they haven’t been released.... like really?
The skinny guy was Captain Gilbert. Major Jackson is heavyset. The Major was demoted to a lieutenant and then re-assigned to John Sealey Hospital or something of the sort. Gilbert was fired.

Yes, the housing situation which Classification is responsible for, is overseen by a group that clearly has a mindset geared toward a sentiment of retribution as opposed to reform. Retribution in the sense of "make the time they do hard", " don't let them get comfortable", "punish them for the crimes they committed", "if we house them with someone they don't like or can't get along with....all the better".....retribution, suffering, punishment, a puritan type course of action. Prison Reform in the true sense-your punishment was the sentence you received from the judge and court and county you were convicted in. That's your punishment. Doing time is not supposed to be about punishment. Doing time is supposed to be about doing something with the time you have for the sake of a better today and tomorrow. If you act up or misbehave in prison well, that's that, you reap what you sow and as we all know the prison administration has more than one way or means to put one in check in prison and most often they (prison admin) wins. It's rarely the other way around.

There's a woman there now that is the epitome of a good correctional officer named Capt Smith. They need to take her and make her a warden. She's a no nonsense individual, but she has the heart to be compassionate. She's almost like.....your mom or something in the sense of the authority she possesses and the way she uses it. I had a huge crush on her when I was there.

Mandatory/Discretionary Supervision.....they (Parole Board) don't play fair in the aftermath of having changed in back in the 1990s, but in truth, it needed to change. No one should be released from prison because of the way that a law is written which says in so many words "he may be a true threat to society in the most evil way, but we have to release him because when his good time + flat time + work time = his sentence, its time to go. There are some people that have come along who clearly showed why Mandatory Supervision needed to become a discretionary matter. Kenneth McDuff,Michael Blair and Spencer Goodman are examples of that. McDuff was a house hold name for a number of years, but Goodman is the one that I've always loathed the most. They needed to change the law and so they did. But.....like everything that goes through those type changes.....some folks don't play fair on the Parole Board.
__________________
We're All In This Together
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-13-2020, 07:00 AM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
The skinny guy was Captain Gilbert. Major Jackson is heavyset. The Major was demoted to a lieutenant and then re-assigned to John Sealey Hospital or something of the sort. Gilbert was fired.

Yes, the housing situation which Classification is responsible for, is overseen by a group that clearly has a mindset geared toward a sentiment of retribution as opposed to reform. Retribution in the sense of "make the time they do hard", " don't let them get comfortable", "punish them for the crimes they committed", "if we house them with someone they don't like or can't get along with....all the better".....retribution, suffering, punishment, a puritan type course of action. Prison Reform in the true sense-your punishment was the sentence you received from the judge and court and county you were convicted in. That's your punishment. Doing time is not supposed to be about punishment. Doing time is supposed to be about doing something with the time you have for the sake of a better today and tomorrow. If you act up or misbehave in prison well, that's that, you reap what you sow and as we all know the prison administration has more than one way or means to put one in check in prison and most often they (prison admin) wins. It's rarely the other way around.

There's a woman there now that is the epitome of a good correctional officer named Capt Smith. They need to take her and make her a warden. She's a no nonsense individual, but she has the heart to be compassionate. She's almost like.....your mom or something in the sense of the authority she possesses and the way she uses it. I had a huge crush on her when I was there.

Mandatory/Discretionary Supervision.....they (Parole Board) don't play fair in the aftermath of having changed in back in the 1990s, but in truth, it needed to change. No one should be released from prison because of the way that a law is written which says in so many words "he may be a true threat to society in the most evil way, but we have to release him because when his good time + flat time + work time = his sentence, its time to go. There are some people that have come along who clearly showed why Mandatory Supervision needed to become a discretionary matter. Kenneth McDuff,Michael Blair and Spencer Goodman are examples of that. McDuff was a house hold name for a number of years, but Goodman is the one that I've always loathed the most. They needed to change the law and so they did. But.....like everything that goes through those type changes.....some folks don't play fair on the Parole Board.

Oh okay I can never remember names but I definitely remember faces. Now I remember who’s who between the two of them. Prison Reform needs a makeover. There are definitely some bad apples in the bunch. I’ll have to ask my husband about which on is Smith. I’m pretty sure I know who she is but the major is sticking out to me more right now. It’s all women running the show right lol as far as the warden and assistant warden goes.

I agree that the Lord do you need to change for people like the ones you mentioned who got out and commit more Windies crimes just because they had a good time and work time flat time. However, it is true that the parole board does not play fair and it could be from the fear of what happened before with those individuals but now make it hard for others who are truly reformed. You just never who’s playing fair and who isn’t. I remember an incident where a board member was giving set off’s to offenders with certain chargers because I think it was either his daughter or niece was a victim of rape and he didn’t want feel he should release those types of people.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-13-2020)
  #14  
Old 02-13-2020, 08:02 PM
satx18 satx18 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 814
Thanks: 518
Thanked 322 Times in 239 Posts
Default

We just recently went through a parole vote with Mr E as the lead voter. I wasn’t happy with that draw, but that’s the way it landed. I believe the parole attorney was a big plus. He was approved, but with a program, although 1st time in, no substance charges and good behavioral record. I was told “Mr. E likes his programs.” We aren’t unhappy, doing the program now and just happy for an FI.

I was supposed to do the face-to-face visit—was really nervous after hearing how he can be. Ended up with an emergency situation at home and couldn’t make it.....worried about how that might affect, but nothing I could do. Probably had no effect and I was able to do a phone interview with him through the attorney. We had the answer shortly afterwards.

Answers are often posted to the website before the offender is notified at the unit. Do you know how to find that?

May I ask who you used for your attorney? I understand if you aren’t comfortable sharing that.

Good luck—hope your experience is a good one!

Last edited by satx18; 02-13-2020 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to satx18 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-13-2020)
  #15  
Old 02-14-2020, 12:41 AM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx18 View Post
We just recently went through a parole vote with Mr E as the lead voter. I wasn’t happy with that draw, but that’s the way it landed. I believe the parole attorney was a big plus. He was approved, but with a program, although 1st time in, no substance charges and good behavioral record. I was told “Mr. E likes his programs.” We aren’t unhappy, doing the program now and just happy for an FI.

I was supposed to do the face-to-face visit—was really nervous after hearing how he can be. Ended up with an emergency situation at home and couldn’t make it.....worried about how that might affect, but nothing I could do. Probably had no effect and I was able to do a phone interview with him through the attorney. We had the answer shortly afterwards.

Answers are often posted to the website before the offender is notified at the unit. Do you know how to find that?

May I ask who you used for your attorney? I understand if you aren’t comfortable sharing that.

Good luck—hope your experience is a good one!

I’m not sure what kind of program they could give him since he doesn’t need anything to do with a 5 or 6. He’s already done Changes too, but if Mr. E likes his programs he could make him do something with a 3 I suppose, granted we have a favorable vote. I totally get not being unhappy....any FI is better than a denied. I don’t mind saying we had Stouwie but he put everyone off on his replacement Fisher. Who hasn’t been practicing long like she just graduated law school like two years ago somewhere around there...even though she’s been his paralegal .....so altogether I think she has 4 years experience in a law firm but only 2 years as a board certified lawyer. Stouwie just kinda threw it on everyone in December and trust no one was particularly happy about how it was handled and just being handed off. My husband definitely was heated, but I will say this about her she handled the parole interview wonderfully better than Stouwie did last time around so there’s that. I just hope it really truly helped.

We are still waiting on an answer it’s been well over a week now. I do know how to check the site but I’m just wondering what it will say. I know when I checked last year when we got denied.... it was like Not In Review...and when I scrolled down to parole decision it was like denied on XYZ. Of course that 2D reason..like how can one reform the nature of the offense...like that’s something you can’t ever change without a time machine sigh but I digress, so yea I’m still a bit nervous we haven’t gotten an answer but I get it. I don’t know how they work on voting because I know once Mr. E gives his vote it goes to Mr. G for his and he’s been in the office so who knows so many things could be going on.....

Last edited by MrsDulce; 02-14-2020 at 12:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-14-2020, 07:18 AM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is online now
The Cowtown Moderator
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,833
Thanks: 2,522
Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,661 Posts
Default Parole Attorney PTO Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDulce View Post
I’m not sure what kind of program they could give him since he doesn’t need anything to do with a 5 or 6. He’s already done Changes too, but if Mr. E likes his programs he could make him do something with a 3 I suppose, granted we have a favorable vote. I totally get not being unhappy....any FI is better than a denied. I don’t mind saying we had Stouwie but he put everyone off on his replacement Fisher. Who hasn’t been practicing long like she just graduated law school like two years ago somewhere around there...even though she’s been his paralegal .....so altogether I think she has 4 years experience in a law firm but only 2 years as a board certified lawyer. Stouwie just kinda threw it on everyone in December and trust no one was particularly happy about how it was handled and just being handed off. My husband definitely was heated, but I will say this about her she handled the parole interview wonderfully better than Stouwie did last time around so there’s that. I just hope it really truly helped.

We are still waiting on an answer it’s been well over a week now. I do know how to check the site but I’m just wondering what it will say. I know when I checked last year when we got denied.... it was like Not In Review...and when I scrolled down to parole decision it was like denied on XYZ. Of course that 2D reason..like how can one reform the nature of the offense...like that’s something you can’t ever change without a time machine sigh but I digress, so yea I’m still a bit nervous we haven’t gotten an answer but I get it. I don’t know how they work on voting because I know once Mr. E gives his vote it goes to Mr. G for his and he’s been in the office so who knows so many things could be going on.....
At one time, I threw more rocks at parole attorneys and their ability to get one of us out of prison than anybody I know. I was the “official parole attorney hater of the NFL” and for good reason, I might add. Had one back in 2005 from the Dallas area who was a former Dallas police officer turned parole attorney that was a lemon. He never contacted the board, he never sent a single letter, document, nothing….not even a box of chocolates. Luckily, I got out anyway. I sent a 1 page personal support letter to the Palestine board (Pamela Freeman & Jackie DeNoylles were the voters), a certificate of completion to do with….something? I can’t remember what it was and a photo of my last glass visit with my then fiancée (Maria), my Mom and me. I actually have that photo in my profile here on PTO. I was at the Michael unit. So….the gods were with me that time up for parole or maybe it was simply due to my charming personality, natural good looks and articulate ability to communicate. And then again….that may just be a bunch of b.s. that is nothing more than an igment of my fagimination or…….something. Anyway, I got out.

But as fate would have it and my “Dr. Jekyll meets Mr. Jackass” jailhouse ways…..I went back. How many times have I been back? Let’s not talk about that. More than once.
The last time I went back in 2016….now that was wrong. The parole division did the okie doke on me and while they had plenty of ammo (3 trips to ISF, 1 trip to SAFPT and a kazillion dirty UAs) it doesn’t change the fact that you guys in the parole division were playing dirty pool with ole Red on the head here when you recommended to revoke because I didn’t do anything wrong to really deserve that in that time frame of a couple of years. The mistake I made was that I waived the right to my revocation hearing in Tarrant County Jail. All to do with showing up late to a ½ way house I asked to be sent to due to a back injury (a real back injury). I’m here to tell ya…….if you’ve ever had a 3g offense in your criminal history or any violent offense, period, don’t ever waive your right to a parole revocation hearing……EVER…..don’t….do….it….ever. Those of us with violent criminal histories are truly the ones of the entire lot that can never walk away from their past. Our crimes strike fear in the hearts of people that don’t know us and that’s the reason why on paper, a violent offender can never shut the door on his past and I’m living proof of it.

Low and behold, one of these PTO angels that happens to be a parole attorney showed up at Pam Lychner one day and the minute I saw her…..something inside of me said “you’ll get out the next time you come up for parole because of her” and by god I did. She’s expensive though and were not for some others who care about me on this website….I’d probably still be at Ramsey inside of a 2 man cell throwing spit wads at a bullseye with Mr. E’s face as the intended target. If you’ve got $8,000-$10,000 to burn on a parole attorney……there are those that can make things happen that otherwise may not happen.
__________________
We're All In This Together

Last edited by Firebrand; 02-14-2020 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: grammer
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
4Bobby (02-14-2020), MrsDulce (02-15-2020)
  #17  
Old 02-15-2020, 01:17 AM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
At one time, I threw more rocks at parole attorneys and their ability to get one of us out of prison than anybody I know. I was the “official parole attorney hater of the NFL” and for good reason, I might add. Had one back in 2005 from the Dallas area who was a former Dallas police officer turned parole attorney that was a lemon. He never contacted the board, he never sent a single letter, document, nothing….not even a box of chocolates. Luckily, I got out anyway. I sent a 1 page personal support letter to the Palestine board (Pamela Freeman & Jackie DeNoylles were the voters), a certificate of completion to do with….something? I can’t remember what it was and a photo of my last glass visit with my then fiancée (Maria), my Mom and me. I actually have that photo in my profile here on PTO. I was at the Michael unit. So….the gods were with me that time up for parole or maybe it was simply due to my charming personality, natural good looks and articulate ability to communicate. And then again….that may just be a bunch of b.s. that is nothing more than an igment of my fagimination or…….something. Anyway, I got out.

But as fate would have it and my “Dr. Jekyll meets Mr. Jackass” jailhouse ways…..I went back. How many times have I been back? Let’s not talk about that. More than once.
The last time I went back in 2016….now that was wrong. The parole division did the okie doke on me and while they had plenty of ammo (3 trips to ISF, 1 trip to SAFPT and a kazillion dirty UAs) it doesn’t change the fact that you guys in the parole division were playing dirty pool with ole Red on the head here when you recommended to revoke because I didn’t do anything wrong to really deserve that in that time frame of a couple of years. The mistake I made was that I waived the right to my revocation hearing in Tarrant County Jail. All to do with showing up late to a ½ way house I asked to be sent to due to a back injury (a real back injury). I’m here to tell ya…….if you’ve ever had a 3g offense in your criminal history or any violent offense, period, don’t ever waive your right to a parole revocation hearing……EVER…..don’t….do….it….ever. Those of us with violent criminal histories are truly the ones of the entire lot that can never walk away from their past. Our crimes strike fear in the hearts of people that don’t know us and that’s the reason why on paper, a violent offender can never shut the door on his past and I’m living proof of it.

Low and behold, one of these PTO angels that happens to be a parole attorney showed up at Pam Lychner one day and the minute I saw her…..something inside of me said “you’ll get out the next time you come up for parole because of her” and by god I did. She’s expensive though and were not for some others who care about me on this website….I’d probably still be at Ramsey inside of a 2 man cell throwing spit wads at a bullseye with Mr. E’s face as the intended target. If you’ve got $8,000-$10,000 to burn on a parole attorney……there are those that can make things happen that otherwise may not happen.
At first my thoughts were if we get a parole lawyer they need to be a good one, however time was limited and so were funds. His family was suppose to pitch in too but that never happened. It was all on me which is like okay that would have been fine had there been some forewarning y’all wasn’t gonna do what y’all said. Luckily my side of the family helped the best way they could and pitched in what they could. Honestly had his family (we both only have a few close relatives) did what they said I’m sure we could have gotten his first choice. They are expensive but highly effective and they can do a lot more then what the second choice offered, however timing and funds were an issue. Now everyone in his family that he grew up with is gone all passed away within a year of each other before they even saw age 50 because of bad health choices (minus the grandma who just passed of old age). It’s sad to say but I don’t think he ever truly forgave them for just leaving him hanging like they did.....

I definitely get 3g offenses get the short end of the stick and can never fully escape the past. It’s definitely evident when it’s time for parole and you get denied with that 2D. Which honestly what kind of bullsh*t is that? But believe me in some cases for some people oh it’s for sure warranted and well deserved. In other cases not so much depending on the circumstances and everything surrounding what took place, age at the time, time served so far, blah blah blah all those variables. On top of people adding in their personal morals into the equation of a decision. I think there’s a lot of people that are throwing spit balls Mr. E’s face.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (02-15-2020)
  #18  
Old 02-15-2020, 09:19 PM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is online now
The Cowtown Moderator
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,833
Thanks: 2,522
Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,661 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDulce View Post
At first my thoughts were if we get a parole lawyer they need to be a good one, however time was limited and so were funds. His family was suppose to pitch in too but that never happened. It was all on me which is like okay that would have been fine had there been some forewarning y’all wasn’t gonna do what y’all said. Luckily my side of the family helped the best way they could and pitched in what they could. Honestly had his family (we both only have a few close relatives) did what they said I’m sure we could have gotten his first choice. They are expensive but highly effective and they can do a lot more then what the second choice offered, however timing and funds were an issue. Now everyone in his family that he grew up with is gone all passed away within a year of each other before they even saw age 50 because of bad health choices (minus the grandma who just passed of old age). It’s sad to say but I don’t think he ever truly forgave them for just leaving him hanging like they did.....

I definitely get 3g offenses get the short end of the stick and can never fully escape the past. It’s definitely evident when it’s time for parole and you get denied with that 2D. Which honestly what kind of bullsh*t is that? But believe me in some cases for some people oh it’s for sure warranted and well deserved. In other cases not so much depending on the circumstances and everything surrounding what took place, age at the time, time served so far, blah blah blah all those variables. On top of people adding in their personal morals into the equation of a decision. I think there’s a lot of people that are throwing spit balls Mr. E’s face.
I can tell that you care a lot and aside from the all the negatives, the one ray of hope and true asset your husband really and truly has......is you. You're an angel.
__________________
We're All In This Together
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
MrsDulce (02-16-2020), trauma4us (02-18-2020)
  #19  
Old 02-16-2020, 09:00 AM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
I can tell that you care a lot and aside from the all the negatives, the one ray of hope and true asset your husband really and truly has......is you. You're an angel.
Thank you very much! Yes it’s been a lonnnnngggggg road for us. We’ve been together since way before his incarceration (meet at school) and have children together so you can imagine how difficult this road has truly been. We were kids that had to grow and learn together in this type of situation. Not to mention he basically missed out on the kids growing up .....they’ll be off to college soon that’s their whole childhood....they were but 1 and 2 when it happened. I know he has a lot of sadness behind it and a lot of regret and definitely a lot of time that can never be returned, but we gotta keep moving forward and look toward the better days.....this right here is time we will never get back ever....it’s gone and that’s okay we push forward and we make the best of what we have in the present until we reach those better days because they are coming.......

Last edited by MrsDulce; 02-16-2020 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
4Bobby (02-18-2020), Firebrand (02-16-2020)
  #20  
Old 02-16-2020, 04:41 PM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is online now
The Cowtown Moderator
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,833
Thanks: 2,522
Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,661 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDulce View Post
Thank you very much! Yes it’s been a lonnnnngggggg road for us. We’ve been together since way before his incarceration (meet at school) and have children together so you can imagine how difficult this road has truly been. We were kids that had to grow and learn together in this type of situation. Not to mention he basically missed out on the kids growing up .....they’ll be off to college soon that’s their whole childhood....they were but 1 and 2 when it happened. I know he has a lot of sadness behind it and a lot of regret and definitely a lot of time that can never be returned, but we gotta keep moving forward and look toward the better days.....this right here is time we will never get back ever....it’s gone and that’s okay we push forward and we make the best of what we have in the present until we reach those better days because they are coming.......
Patience is a virtue. I notice too that his offense from what you've posted in other forums is a serious one among the 3g variety. Typically, they pull more time than the rest of us with the exception of S.O.s and that's kinda the norm, but it was a long time ago and he's steady in terms of his progress and attitude and that's what the board looks at. He'll get out.
__________________
We're All In This Together
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
MrsDulce (02-17-2020)
  #21  
Old 02-18-2020, 05:40 AM
MrsDulce MrsDulce is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Welp.....we’re still waiting on an answer we are finishing up week 2 since we saw the board....hmmm there are people that saw the board AFTER him and they are due in too and already got an answer back (denied)..... we are still waiting for our answer maybe a good thing if that’s the case lol .......so we shall see...hopefully we’ll know soon

Last edited by MrsDulce; 02-18-2020 at 05:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsDulce For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-18-2020), Firebrand (02-18-2020)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:36 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics