Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues News & Events relating to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Courts, Department of Justice and any legal questions you may have dealing with the Federal system.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:00 PM

Default Terrible privacy breech by officer

I have a friend in the fed's. Recently an officer/employee gave an inmate at another facility his extremely private, personal info including who visits him and when in some circumstances, who has sent him money, how much is sent and who is emailing him. This info could even be dangerous to him in the future. We are mortified! What can we do and where do we start?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all and God bledd!
Old 08-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,194 Times in 10,379 Posts

It will depend on the amount, and believability of the evidence you have. If it's one person's statement versus a bop CO, the CO will win every time.

The US DOJ's Inspector General investigates wrongdoing by bop employees.
https://oig.justice.gov/
Old 08-30-2017, 07:34 PM

The evidence is 100% true....there is no way inmate #2 could have known anything at all about inmate #1. They have never even been in the same state.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvgirl2491 View Post
I have a friend in the fed's. Recently an officer/employee gave an inmate at another facility his extremely private, personal info including who visits him and when in some circumstances, who has sent him money, how much is sent and who is emailing him. This info could even be dangerous to him in the future. We are mortified! What can we do and where do we start?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all and God bledd!
Curious how did your LO find out that this occurred. Does he know the person or do you and they informed you that this happened? Horrible that this type of stuff happens. Sorry you are dealing with this. I think the reference to the Inspector General's office may be the best bet for an investigation. Not okay to share personal information.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRmylife View Post
Curious how did your LO find out that this occurred. Does he know the person or do you and they informed you that this happened? Horrible that this type of stuff happens. Sorry you are dealing with this. I think the reference to the Inspector General's office may be the best bet for an investigation. Not okay to share personal information.
Inmate #2 told me everything without being aware that I knew inmate #1. They don't know each other at all....have never even been in the same state together. None of the facts can be argued.
uRmylife (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvgirl2491 View Post
Inmate #2 told me everything without being aware that I knew inmate #1. They don't know each other at all....have never even been in the same state together. None of the facts can be argued.

I am confused.... if they don't know each other and never been in the same state then what is the point? And why randomly disclose info to someone about a person they don't know?
Old 08-30-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDeeKay View Post
I am confused.... if they don't know each other and never been in the same state then what is the point? And why randomly disclose info to someone about a person they don't know?
With there being almost 200,000 in FBOP the odds of someone randomly knowing another person are slim. There has to be some sort of connection and they know each other somehow. Think there is more to this. Regardless sharing information is not okay but do think there is more to this scenario. The OP seems to know both #1 and #2 and would potentially have more insight on that.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:16 PM

If all you have is what another inmate said then unfortunately, you have nothing. An officer's word is considered evidence so if the officer says he didn't do that and you have no other evidence, then what the officer said goes. Sad but true. I know this from a court case that my husband I brought against a CO.
04/05/2016 I immigrated to the US
10/27/2016 My husband received Presidential clemency

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovebirds For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-01-2017), Wvgirl2491 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 10:15 PM

Thanked 2,163 Times in 749 Posts

This story has more holes than a gold digger's diaphragm but yeah. If his word is allthe evidence you have, then you have no evidence.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:00 AM

Thanked 3,966 Times in 2,126 Posts

OP are you involved with both #1 & #2? If your the connection then it makes sense. I know when my husband was in I couldn't send money to another inmates account or visit. Sounds like you were checked out and info came up about your dealings with other inmate. Playing with fire you usually get burnt. Be careful about what you do and who your involved with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
AndyS (09-01-2017), CenTexLyn (09-01-2017), Ms Sunny (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 09:49 AM

Thanked 1,618 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
OP are you involved with both #1 & #2? If your the connection then it makes sense. I know when my husband was in I couldn't send money to another inmates account or visit. Sounds like you were checked out and info came up about your dealings with other inmate. Playing with fire you usually get burnt. Be careful about what you do and who your involved with.
Agree with this. Seems OP met her bf/husband MWI so the question would be is she pen pals with the other inmate. There has to be something missing from this story. Once we find that out it will all make sense I'm sure.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:44 AM

Thanked 3,966 Times in 2,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Agree with this. Seems OP met her bf/husband MWI so the question would be is she pen pals with the other inmate. There has to be something missing from this story. Once we find that out it will all make sense I'm sure.
LOL the plot thickens!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (09-01-2017), Ms Sunny (09-01-2017)