Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:05 PM

Question Minnesota Prisons vs. California Prisons

Hi everyone. I've never posted here before. I'm usually in the California forums. Is there anyone out there who has visited California and Minnesota prisons? I visit at a california prison but I want to know what minnesota prisons are like. I want to know what visiting is like. I want to know everything. Any of your experiences/info at all with Minnesota prisons would be appreciated. pm me if you wish.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2005, 09:39 AM

Question Anyone????

Okay, there's been alot of views with no replies. I think my question is too broad. So, can anyone tell me about visiting at Rush City, Oak Park, Stillwater and St. Cloud. Is St. Cloud like intake? Is it just a temporary prison for inmates before being placed? Thank you.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:03 PM

Default mn visits

here`s what i know. 1st why are u interested in mn if u r in ca. cloud is intake the visits r crowded. u sit across from each other in chairs set up in rows. inmates on 1 side visitors on the other. inmate gets in room 1st then they call u . go thru metal detector,get stamped, drop your id thruslot w/ 1 way mirror.enter look for your man brief hug/kiss. no more touching until u leave.same in stillwater max. stillwater min. u can walk outside. i`ve heard people getting away w/ some hanky panky.
Terri
The Following User Says Thank You to Terri47 For This Useful Post:
FREEMYBABY! (10-22-2013)
Old 01-11-2006, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri47
here`s what i know. 1st why are u interested in mn if u r in ca. cloud is intake the visits r crowded. u sit across from each other in chairs set up in rows. inmates on 1 side visitors on the other. inmate gets in room 1st then they call u . go thru metal detector,get stamped, drop your id thruslot w/ 1 way mirror.enter look for your man brief hug/kiss. no more touching until u leave.same in stillwater max. stillwater min. u can walk outside. i`ve heard people getting away w/ some hanky panky.
Terri
Okay, thank you for your info. I did'nt say I was in CA. I said I visit in CA.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Donation Award 

I've visited St. Cloud, Rush City, Lino Lakes, Moose Lake Prisons in MN whatever you wanna know i'd be happy to let you know. Some are more strict than others tho so do you know which one you will be visiting?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:21 AM

I've visited at St. cloud, the above description is accurate. I also have visited at Moose Lake and Stillwater. Stillwater is very similar to St. Cloud except that I think the CO's are more laid back and friendly.

Moose Lake is a very nice place to visit. The only thing that is kind of a pain is that you have to wait a lot longer for the inmates to be brought up than at the other prisons. You still have to sit across from them, but there are little tables and you can play cards or chess, also, if you have kids, they have a lot of kids toys and even a tv with videos for the kids to watch. Also, the CO's let you, the visitor, move around a little more, you can get up with your kids to go look at the video etc.

If you have kids Stillwater is the worst one. All they have are a few torn up books and they are pretty picky about kids walking around. St. Cloud is alot better in that regard, they have a little area where the kids hang with a lot of books in good condition and things to draw with. The Co's are strict about anyone moving around, but they let the kids wander.

Oh. also with respect to your question about St. Cloud, it is intake, meaning that everyone goes there first. But there are also people who stay there as well. Hope this helps!

Last edited by suzeg3; 04-13-2006 at 07:23 AM..