Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:09 AM

Question Visiting Coleman Low, need information: How are the visits? What can I wear

I will be making a trip to visit Coleman Low from Seattle. I want to know more specifically what I can wear hoodies? Sweaters w hoods? Do they make you wear them the whole time? Is it cold inside the visitation room? Can you wear heels? How low of a neck line is too low? Can I wear a tank top with another over it ? Can I wear underwire the prison I currently visit o always wear underwire and it’s never gone off with their metal detector. How early should I get to visiting? I’m worried about the ion machine is there one at Coleman Low? If I take my prescribed hydrocodone or anxiety meds before visit will that set it off? Sorry I just have so many questions also being from Seattle I’m used to different temps what type of outfit is good for visiting there the end of April? What is it like once inside and how affectionate will they allow you to be? I’ve heard at some fci they allow you to say by for a good couple minutes is it like that here? Are their guards always walking in and out the rows? I know no green or tan any other colors to stay away from? Any tips are appreciated. Oh how about piercings like tongue rings? TIA

Last edited by hottamale38; 03-02-2018 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: Spelling error
The Following User Says Thank You to hottamale38 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,404 Posts

Well, instead of trying to see what you can get away with, I think you should think modesty and what will not hit an alarm. Not because modesty is a good thing, but you don't want to get turned down. My friends always keep extra clothes in the car in case there is a problem. I wouldn't expect hoodies would be welcome, but I don't know how they feel about a sweater. Underwire will get rejected in FL, they even stop lawyers who wear them on professional visits. Maybe someone will PM you a pix of what they wore to Coleman, that might help. A shirt with a collar is a easy thing.

Guards can be very difficult and can go off on 60 year old grandmothers (for no real reason). I would suggest not bringing any prescriptions in the car with you. They don't give you a drug test, the test is on your hands, as I understand it. Seems like you are setting out with a lot of hurdles, you might want to rethink that approach. It's a long way to come to get rejected. This experience isn't a test, it's a go along to get along, where you have no control or say, but where you can have the information to ride underneath the radar and have a good visit.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellisq View Post
Well, instead of trying to see what you can get away with, I think you should think modesty and what will not hit an alarm. Not because modesty is a good thing, but you don't want to get turned down. My friends always keep extra clothes in the car in case there is a problem. I wouldn't expect hoodies would be welcome, but I don't know how they feel about a sweater. Underwire will get rejected in FL, they even stop lawyers who wear them on professional visits. Maybe someone will PM you a pix of what they wore to Coleman, that might help. A shirt with a collar is a easy thing.

Guards can be very difficult and can go off on 60 year old grandmothers (for no real reason). I would suggest not bringing any prescriptions in the car with you. They don't give you a drug test, the test is on your hands, as I understand it. Seems like you are setting out with a lot of hurdles, you might want to rethink that approach. It's a long way to come to get rejected. This experience isn't a test, it's a go along to get along, where you have no control or say, but where you can have the information to ride underneath the radar and have a good visit.
I have visited my husband in the state prisons so I have a clear understanding of how visiting is. I know they are all different state to state which is why I知 trying to get input. I知 not trying to see what I can get away with I知 trying to prepare way in advance. I know Florida is hot and humid so I wanted to wear a tank top with a long sleeve top over it hence the question about the neck line. I take pain medication for chronic pain since surgery so I want to know how I can still take that before visiting. I guess I won稚 touch the pills lol. I知 just trying to get feedback believe me I知 not trying to push boundaries I値l be there 3 days and want everything to go as smoothly as possible. I知 definitely going to be caring extra clothes on the rental car Thanks for your feedback I do appreciate it.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,404 Posts

There are a number of members who visit Coleman regularly. Here's the link to some Coleman info. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...251263&page=51
It's not that hot until May, and it's air conditioned!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-04-2018), hottamale38 (03-04-2018)