Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:13 PM

Default Husband & wife serving time at same time, are you allowed skype or email?

If you and your husband are serving time at the same time, are you allowed to Skype or email each other?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,497 Times in 11,441 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the federal forums. I think it will require the approval of both wardens for email and/or regular snail mail letters. I don't know anything about Skype, but email should be possible if it is approved on both ends.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Sorry for the late reply on this but maybe my answer can help others.

Yes it is possible via Trulinks. But your responses will in all likelihood be very delayed. A guy at camp with me was serving a sentence at the same time as his wife. He received his wife's emails about 1 to 2 days later. And if it was a long weekend, sometimes 3 days. Definitely not the hour or two turnaround time that most inmates experience. My guess is their emails were read and had to be approved.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:20 AM

The approval process took about about a month.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexrbomb View Post
Sorry for the late reply on this but maybe my answer can help others.

Yes it is possible via Trulinks. But your responses will in all likelihood be very delayed. A guy at camp with me was serving a sentence at the same time as his wife. He received his wife's emails about 1 to 2 days later. And if it was a long weekend, sometimes 3 days. Definitely not the hour or two turnaround time that most inmates experience. My guess is their emails were read and had to be approved.
Thanks. My husbandis at Edgefield and I am going to self-surrender to Bryan on September 1. He has 40 months and he is about 9 months in and I have 51 months. He has applied for compassionate release and although we know it is a long shot, we are hoping that he will be out sooner rather than later.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfootballqu View Post
Thanks. My husbandis at Edgefield and I am going to self-surrender to Bryan on September 1. He has 40 months and he is about 9 months in and I have 51 months. He has applied for compassionate release and although we know it is a long shot, we are hoping that he will be out sooner rather than later.

Best of luck to you both. Remember this time will pass.