Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:29 AM

Default Research Paper on Prisoners, please help!

Hi Ya'll. I'm currently taking a psychology class. We're required to do a research paper, of course. Well my first choice of topic was the obvious psychology topics, addiction, mental illnesses, blah blah blah. Going into my school library to look for books on my subject, I ran into tons of books on exactly what we're going through. Prisoners, their mind set, the changes they go through and how they are treated. They have everything, everything down to an ex-inmates mind set and their transition from prison to "back to normal".

I thought the topic would be perfect. My hunnie will be home in about 2 weeks, but I thought i'd learn what really goes on in there, what experts believe about visitation, phone calls, letters etc.

I thought i'd share this with ya'll. Im sure i'll be using the site to get some more input. If you have any idea's or suggestions, please, by all means, give them to me!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 09:44 PM
happy healthy & impatient
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,599 Posts

• Media / Journalists & Students / Researchers
When a journalist or member of the media posts on the site - or students/researchers post on the site for research purposes - they are expected to explain the purpose of the request to the members and to encourage members to post their stories in the thread. Considering the fact that this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature. Requests with the intent of provoking derogatory comments about prisoners or corrections officers will not be tolerated. Inviting outside contact of PTO members is also not allowed. Persons in the media and students/researchers are also not allowed to send unsolicited emails and/or private messages to members of PTO. Posting a personal email address within the thread is also not allowed. It is not the responsibility of the PTO Administration or Staff to authenticate or verify any statement or facts purported by members of PTO. At the discretion of PTO Administration, any media-related post/request or research-related post/request may be removed from the site. This may be done without warning or prior notification. PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report, or any students/researchers or involved educational/research institution. However, any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members. Failure to follow these rules and policies will result in the request being immediately removed from the site and permanent banning of the media member(s) or students/researchers involved.

November 10, 2012: Maximum date reached

It's over. We made it!

Old 11-01-2009, 11:24 PM
PlayingTheWaitingGame

I, too, had a psychology paper to do for Community Psychology and chose "Prison". There are so many aspects you could research! I ended up researching the theory of rehabilitation (or lack there of) in prisons which ended up going into recidivism rates, prison programs, state funding, mental health programs in prisons, etc..

Not sure if there is a specific path you want to go down, but feel free to PM me if you want..

Last edited by ladii_luck; 11-01-2009 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Banned

Thanked 4,309 Times in 1,765 Posts

If you would like information on how the prison system treats prisoners with mental health issues, I'd be happy to share the story of what TX did to my husband if you would like that information for your paper. I'm a Psych major too =).