Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:54 AM

Default Tickets, Good Time, UGGHH!!

I understand the whole concept that if you stay out of trouble in prison you can get out early, my silly husband has been there 9.5yrs and got sentenced 12yrs...hes had a total of 31 tickets since 2003, not ideal but things happen, its obvious they took good time away from him, but hes been ticket free for almost 8mths, so hes applied for some of his good time back, does anyone know that process or how long it takes? I know that some can do 85% of there time, but my husb is considered a violent offender, he has agg assault so not sure how that works, but he was just classified as a 3/4 and his release date was jan 2014, which is great! but then he just got put to a 3/3 and his release date went from jan 2014 to nov 2014.....i know DOC site is never 100% correct, but just wanted to see if anyone knew about this ,,,? thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 09:17 AM

Depending upon the severity of his tickets, the DOC may or may not give him back his ERC (earned release credit). With major tickets, he can completely lose all his ERC and even a year or two, without tickets, he could still lose his time.

Paul has 2 major and 3 minor and moved from a 2 yard to a 4 yard. He lost 60 days ERC, and has been ticket free for over a year, and is in Phase 3 and the DOC still will not give him back his lost time.

Quite honestly, if your husband is a 3/3, he's pretty damn lucky to be classified so low. There are guys that are even NON VIOLENT offenders that can be classified into 4 and 5 yards, with just a couple tickets. 31 tickets is pretty serious, even over an 8 or 9 year period, as that's basically 3 or 4 tickets a year.

As far as his release date listed online, NEVER rely upon these dates, as (especially recently) these are usually wrong. I know there are a number of release dates that have been changed in the last month, that are completely wrong!!

He should talk to his CO to see if he can get any clarification. Of course, the CO's usually blow this off, unless the release date is within a year or so.

Hope that helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie'sGirl For This Useful Post: