Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Do I have to pay off his debt?

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on the following situation. Larry and I divorced two weeks before he went to court because we new he was facing some prison time, we just did not no how much time. He also wanted to protect me from the person he wrecked into. Anyway.....he has a credit card in his name and I am a holder on it. I have been paying it, but it is killing me. I had called this company before are divorce and they told me at this time that I would not be held responsible for it as I was just a holder on the account. When I called them a month ago & told them he was in Prison all a sudden I am responsible for this debt. Go figure!!!! We have excellent credit, and are getting remarried as soon as he is a free man, so I did'nt want to wreck our credit. Anyhow....when I went to see him this last time he told me not to pay it & let it go. I tried to make a deal with them when I called, but they said they did'nt do that. Has anybody been in this situation?
Sponsored Links