Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:20 AM
FOREVER IN LOVE

Default S.a.d.

Social Anxiety Disorder is something I have along with depression. Lately I've been really down and my one "friend" I haven't been talking to, or anyone for that matter. but I did leave here messages online and now she's on and I said hi and all she's doing is b@#ching at me. Sometimes her and I are such a great match and other times she acts so immature. She doesn't have a frickin clue about my disorder so all she's doing is making me feel worse. Like I don't want to talk to her all the time but it's just the anxiety. So she's name calling and all that. I know, who needs a friend like that but with my anxiety I don't get out much and it's hard for me to talk to people. She is a couple years younger than me and lately her scene is just pot and drinking and I don't do that stuff. I don't know I just needed to vent a little. I feel like crying.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2004, 12:24 AM
**Do-It-Yourself Queen**

I'm sorry you feel this way and I am sorry "your friend" is not helping it. Anxiety dissorder or not I think we all have days like yours and it's when you need people the most, surely with anxiety disorder it is amplified. I hope you get to feeling better and remember that things always have a way of working out. I am sending good thought and warm wishes your way! Chin UP.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Account Closed

Oh...don't be sad...we are here for ya!!! I have also suffered from this disorder in the past along with the depression and everything else...I got so bad off that I stayed holed up in my apartment...by myself...for dayz at a time...not answering the door,the phone or anything!!! The best thing you can do for yourself is to make yourself get out some...even if it is just walking around in your yard...actually...nature is a very good cure for depression...if you want to talk...pleaze feel free to PM me anytime...do you have a messenger??? I will send you mine...
Old 01-06-2004, 12:32 AM

i finally found someone that i can relate to i have the same problem i am currently on medication for it but at times that does not even help but when i start to feel down i thank about what i have to be greatful for in this life time but if you ever need to talk just pm me i do know what you are going through maybe we can help each other
Old 01-06-2004, 01:32 AM
I is a College Student
Donation Award 

In another lifetime of mine (about 6 years ago) I had to deal with Social Anxiety Disorder as well as depression. I wouldn't leave my house, much less my room. Wouldn't talk to my family, my Honey. I felt like a "0". I'm sorry to hear you going through this but hang in there. Maybe all your friend needs is some education about S.A.D. Perhaps she'll understand what you're going through and can be more supportive then.

Please stay well and take care of yourself. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, really. In the meantime we're here to listen to you.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:28 AM

hi mybodymycanvas,

i know this stuff sucks sometimes, i have post traumatic stress disorder, some of the same symptoms, mixed with depression/bipolar....and, a lot of times friends, family don't understand...and end up angry at us for things that are out of control...and i know how that feels...it hurts even more, adding the pain of your problem...

after living with this for years, i have weeded out those who are supportive and those who arn't, although with family we don't have much of a choice, to an extent...

but, i understand for you right now, since you are not getting out...you are not meeting other people who might be more understanding...

a few thoughts for you:

1. have you tried medication, for me it has help a lot, i am far from better, but my expectations for now are different, and i can get out of the house a bit...and, meds have done a lot for many of folk...

2. working out, the gym...i used the gym for a long time to get my endorphins going=sense of well being, and relieves a lot of anxiety...plus, i met some nice people...and is very helpful for depression as well...

3. proximity....ie: neighbors...since i can't get out much either, i try to get to know my neighbors...and that has been at least giving me some human contact, conversation, sense of connectedness....even if they are not by best buddies...

4. group therapy...for there you would receive much support, and meet people dealing with the same issues, plus you might meet someone who could be cool to talk to...even if it is just over the phone...believe you me, i am quite a phone girl now...

5. individual therapy...might help, i am not sure how s.a.d. works as far as therapy goes, but i know a lot of people have s.a.d.

but for me i could have never made it this far without meds, depression can be very serious, and meds really can help, sometimes it takes a little to find the right med(s)..

keep your head up towards the light, even when you can not see...
you can pm me anytime, as well...
needless to say i am home a lot=}
francis
Old 01-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Account Closed

Hau sisters

I am a therapist so feel free anytime for good free advices and keep in mind that none are to treat you that way. Stay clear of them.
All my love and a big hug
Walk in beauty
Old 01-06-2004, 10:18 AM

Hi--I am sorry that you are going through this. I think that things can get better for you if you try to take control over the situation. While I am not at all familiar with this condition, perhaps speaking to a healthcare professional or therapist would be a good start. Good luck to you.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:05 PM

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. In times like these we need our friends to be here for us the most. But I know what it is like to have your friend make your day even worse by not being there and not understanding. Just know that we are here for you whenever you need to talk.Keep your head up.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:17 PM
FOREVER IN LOVE

Thanks everyone for being so supportive. It really means a lot. I don't know what I'd do if I haven't stumbled across this website.