Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Carswell Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Carswell Federal Prisons Topics & Discussions relating to Carswell Federal Prison Camp and Carswell Federal Medical Center located on the Carswell Air Force Base at Fort Worth, Texas.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 PM

Question Dealing from the outside!!!! How do you cope with your LO's incarceration?

So I had to take my wife to ss on Jan. 3rd. The hardest thing I have ever done. How do you cope with everything? We have 3 kids total, the youngest being almost 9 months. She is gonna miss some very important times of his growing up. I wish I could've done her time for her. Can anyone tell me what is the most important things for her right now that i can provide? I have never been through this kind of stuff. Please any info related to this is greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by MiniMoose; 01-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: Edited title to clarify what the post is about.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 01:52 PM

I know how difficult it must be for you and your wife. My sister is at camp and there are lots of caring women there for her. Is your wife at camp? How long does she have?
When she gets her email up and running (can take some time) you can communicate with her easily.
You can pray for her, send letters, clippings, photos...
I hope you can take the kids to visit as well, but sometimes families are just too far away to visit often.

Help me, Lord, to remember that religion is not to be confined to the church... nor exercised only in prayer and meditation, but that everywhere I am in Thy Presence.
-- Susanna Wesley
The Following User Says Thank You to Sis of sis For This Useful Post:
cjett3276 (01-05-2012)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis of sis View Post
I know how difficult it must be for you and your wife. My sister is at camp and there are lots of caring women there for her. Is your wife at camp? How long does she have?
When she gets her email up and running (can take some time) you can communicate with her easily.
You can pray for her, send letters, clippings, photos...
I hope you can take the kids to visit as well, but sometimes families are just too far away to visit often.

We live in Missouri and shes there in Fort Worth, so really hard to go visit. She did get email up and also has phone going. She is in the camp, and is on a 12 month and one day sentence. I hope she will get out early. From what i have been told she will get out early but dont know how early. I pray every day. I know she will be ok, for she is very strong. She is much stronger than me. And we will survive the wait. Its just I look around and everything hits a spot with memories and i break down.