Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Prison Talk Online Conference & Get-2-Gethers
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Talk Online Conference & Get-2-Gethers Dedicated to regional/national PTO get-togethers and conferences.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 PM

I was "in charge" last time we tried this but the dates were hard to work around as I was off when all the younger kiddies were in school. But How about July? Since my first idea of June 25th might be a little soon to plan. Maybe mid July early August? I know that's when the school starts back up again so August might be kind of hard to do. Let's throw out a date in July and see how that works? How about July 23rd? That's a Saturday. I know you had mentioned a hotel but maybe we don't need all of that exp if it just looks like a small group of us. Let me know what we all decide, hopefully this can happen.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Loving HIM for life ...

Well would you like to be over it this time as well ... and whatever date you all come up with is ok with me as long as it's not the weekend before school start or the first weekend after school start ... Let's finally do this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky23 View Post
I was "in charge" last time we tried this but the dates were hard to work around as I was off when all the younger kiddies were in school. But How about July? Since my first idea of June 25th might be a little soon to plan. Maybe mid July early August? I know that's when the school starts back up again so August might be kind of hard to do. Let's throw out a date in July and see how that works? How about July 23rd? That's a Saturday. I know you had mentioned a hotel but maybe we don't need all of that exp if it just looks like a small group of us. Let me know what we all decide, hopefully this can happen.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

I'm in Miami...keep a chick posted!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:11 PM
tawnya912

I am new to this, but curious to learn all the do's and don't's. I see you all speak of gtg's. How super great! The best way to know is to get to know. I am unfortunately in Jax and can't get to Miami, but if there is ever a gtg closer North in the state of Florida, count me in. Hands up to all the in for the long haul persons. Our loved ones need all the support they can get and deserve.a
Old 06-21-2011, 07:24 PM

Sounds like someone is taking charge! I will help anyway I can, phone calls, emails, etc. Lets do it soon!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,664 Times in 3,024 Posts

Hey Tonya, that sounds like a great idea. I'm in and I'll help however I can. We need to come up with a date and get an idea how many might be interested. Hugs....Niki
Old 06-22-2011, 01:16 PM

Dear Prodical and the Others: I didn't mean to say I would like to take charge again I was just stating the problems I had before. I know school starts usually the beignning of August so we would have to do it before or after that time. I was thinking in July but some want to come from Miami and other places so perhaps we should plan on something a little later in the year? To avoid the school starting, and the holiday in July and allowing everyone time to plan ahead. Anyone have a problem with September? Like a weekend and meeting at a resturant like Chili's and do the 2 for 20? depending on how many people we have. ANY other ideas feel free to chip in... this was just one of the ideas I was thinking about? Some people have been talking about hotels as well, money is tight for me so that may be an issue for me and maybe others as well Idk but GOD BLESS and lets try to see if we can do this
Old 06-24-2011, 03:10 AM

The end of July sounds great. A suggestion I have is a pavillion on the beach, east or west coast, FREE, all bring a dish to share. Kids have something to do, not cooped up but free to keep cool in the water. We have it all in Florida...why not take advantage of our free resourses?
The Following User Says Thank You to faithwalk12 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Loving HIM for life ...

Just keep me posted ... September or whenever is fine for me ...

Quote:
Dear Prodical and the Others: I didn't mean to say I would like to take charge again I was just stating the problems I had before. I know school starts usually the beignning of August so we would have to do it before or after that time. I was thinking in July but some want to come from Miami and other places so perhaps we should plan on something a little later in the year? To avoid the school starting, and the holiday in July and allowing everyone time to plan ahead. Anyone have a problem with September? Like a weekend and meeting at a resturant like Chili's and do the 2 for 20? depending on how many people we have. ANY other ideas feel free to chip in... this was just one of the ideas I was thinking about? Some people have been talking about hotels as well, money is tight for me so that may be an issue for me and maybe others as well Idk but GOD BLESS and lets try to see if we can do this
Old 07-26-2011, 09:32 PM

ok so september anyone wanna throw in a date and we can hash it out from there? I'm going to throw out the 17th. It's kinda midway and its a saturday any ideas as to where? It's september so maybe beachin it isn't a great idea....idk I'm up for the beach its my happy place. I was also going to suggest little group gatherings like with a few Orlando people who want to have someone to talk to thru this rough time in case ALL of us can't get togther maybe a few of us still can. I can travel to Orlando if that helps anyone. Hope we can work something out, message me if you intrested in getting together just a few for now. My "friend" is in work release and I kinda need someone to talk to as I haven't heard from him in like 3 months!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 AM
His Ride or Die

Count me in!! I live in the central florida area. Any thing i could help with let me know.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Loving HIM for life ...

Count me in also ... just let me know which Saturday and times ... September is football season ... Also Tinky I am ok with the little group gathering inbox me ...

Quote:
ok so september anyone wanna throw in a date and we can hash it out from there? I'm going to throw out the 17th. It's kinda midway and its a saturday any ideas as to where? It's september so maybe beachin it isn't a great idea....idk I'm up for the beach its my happy place. I was also going to suggest little group gatherings like with a few Orlando people who want to have someone to talk to thru this rough time in case ALL of us can't get togther maybe a few of us still can. I can travel to Orlando if that helps anyone. Hope we can work something out, message me if you intrested in getting together just a few for now. My "friend" is in work release and I kinda need someone to talk to as I haven't heard from him in like 3 months!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 PM

im down for a meet and greet!

[/url]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:26 PM

17th sounds great! I would meet with Orlando group as I am an hour away on the east coast. It is still good beach weather and less crowded during Sept so that would also be a good bet for that date.

I make an awesome carrot soufle! can make enough for an army!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:34 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,664 Times in 3,024 Posts

Hi everyone. Faithwalk's post caught my eye and I'd definitely be down for an Orlando meet too. I'll keep checking for more details or someone PM me if there's something I can do to help....Niki
Old 07-30-2011, 10:38 PM

ok so sptember for a little meet and greet then? Anyone really want to go to the beach? And if so which is best for everyone. Do we want to meet up in a resturant, park etc? I've counted about 5 who are intrested so come on lets get going lols
Old 07-30-2011, 11:28 PM

I have an idea that might work. We could go in on a couple of rooms on the beach to use as a base. Sept we could probably each pitch in $10 for the room and bring a dish. If you are interested I will look into getting the rooms. The rooms would be available to those coming a distance with a need to crash before heading home. Most rooms have a fridge and microwave. That way we have the beach and a place to get out of the sun. If this is good for anyone, let me know and I will get the rooms
Old 08-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Loving HIM for life ...

Which beach would we be traveling to? Because there are no beaches actually in the city of Orlando. Would we be planning an all day gathering, an over night gathering, or just for a few hours? I am ready to meet everyone ...
Old 08-01-2011, 12:13 AM

I could check Daytona Beach hotels and see if I could get a good deal...just an fyi, the owner of one of the hotels in DB is in prison with my hubby. I could drop a note to Allan and ask him if we could get a special deal. What do you all think?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:20 PM

[quote=Kenya874;5018114]If anyone is interested in doing a get together in Florida.. I live in south florida... but would be willing to travel.. let me know....

Thanks[/quote
where do you live and what prison to you visit? i am trying to get help with problems ?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithwalk12 View Post
I could check Daytona Beach hotels and see if I could get a good deal...just an fyi, the owner of one of the hotels in DB is in prison with my hubby. I could drop a note to Allan and ask him if we could get a special deal. What do you all think?

Daytona sounds great-do you want to check out the rates and get back to us? i'm game...thanks for suggesting this

Tonya
Old 08-14-2011, 11:34 AM

I would be interested, I am on the east coast. About an hour south of daytona, or an hour east of orlando.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 PM

i saw your counter and see your hubby is home in 3 days....just wanted to say congras and good luck!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. pulga View Post
i am very interseted? It would be nice to share our thoughts and experiences. also find ways to make things easier for our men and women incarcerated and the love ones who stand by thier side. Count me in. I am in MIAMI.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:46 PM

I am interested too. Also east coast, central Florida. Are we a go for September 17th? Anything I can do to help pull things together?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace316 View Post
I am interested too. Also east coast, central Florida. Are we a go for September 17th? Anything I can do to help pull things together?
Hi-did we actually pick a date yet? I can't remember..LOL