Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM

Unhappy Colorado Womens Prisons Info Help Please

Hi, I am new here... and sad to say that although I have not plead guilty yet I know that I am heading to prison in the next few months. I know that the max I will plead to is 10 years but the attorney is hoping for 3-5 years...

I have never been in any kind of trouble before in my life... Nothing no drugs etc. But money got the best of me and I took money...

I have no clue about prisons etc... and I am looking for anyone that has a female in a colorado prison to give me info.. help etc. I know that I should be going to a min or med security as it was not a violent crime and a first time offender etc...

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I have searched enought to know the names and that there are only a few facilities for women but find so much of the info on here relates to men.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO. Her_Man can give you more info than I can, but there are only 3 women's prisons in the state I think. One in Denver, one in Canon and one out east that's private. I hope you'll do ok at sentencing. Don will help you out as soon as he sees this.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:52 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

Welcome holen.

Don will definitely be able to help.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 PM

Not sure what kinds of things you want to know, but will try to help where I can. DWCF is located in Denver and houses about 900 women there. I think they are mostly low and medium classifications. CWCF is located in Canon City and is typically where the women with the long term sentences are sent. There are about 260 women located there. The third is La Vista in Pueblo and houses about 560 women.
My wife has been in both DWCF and CWCF and both have their good and bad points. Seems to be a younger population at DWCF and she said the gals ther tend to be a lot more cocky and if you aren't careful and mind your own business is easy to get caught up in the drama. You are allowed a few more personal items there than you are in CWCF, but CWCF is smaller and a bit easier to fit in. Last couple visits at CWCF, they have been installing a bunch of new wire on the fences and such, and probably going to class it as maximum security.
Wife would tell you to keep to yourself, be respectful and work hard and you won't have much trouble.
How you are rated won't much matter to begin with, as you will end up wherever they have an open bed. Seems most start out at DWCF and then get moved on from there at some point.

Last edited by Her_Man; 11-18-2008 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: add info
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Her_Man For This Useful Post:
galgrif (11-19-2008), holenicakb (11-19-2008), irshnrse (11-19-2008), seansbabyluv (11-18-2008)
Old 11-19-2008, 10:20 AM

Thanks for the info... I was looking for what you gave me... I am 35 and have never been in trouble etc... and I pretty much figured that I would just need to avoid certain situations... but wanted to check with others who had been in or knew someone in one of the facilities.