Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Account Closed

Default Prisons with Tablets - how is it working?

Hey to all,

We are impatiently waiting for the tablets to come to TRCI. I've read that recently they are struggling getting them along with the mp3 System (accesscorrections). My man is curious to know if the tablets Need to be plugged in at the Kiosk as well? And once sent a message via Telmate, does it indeed immediately Show up?

I would really like to know from you girls having men with tablets in there - how is it working? Is it worth the costs and charges?

S.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,105 Times in 2,500 Posts

I had heard that DOC had given up on the tablets for the time being. Are they actually in use in one of the institutions?
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
mothersharon (07-24-2014)
Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Account Closed

I have heard that they're using them at E.O.C.I. Maybe as a Pilot? However, it's still a rumour. They just changed Software at the Kiosk for the MP3-players. It all Looks like as if they're getting prepared.

S.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:04 PM

Have you guys had trouble with the new update they did with the MP3 Players? He isn't receiving my emails and Im not receiving his. Also the kiosk is always "breaking down", Its frustrating :P
Old 07-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Account Closed

Hi Rachel,
yeah we have the same issues. At least he seems to receive e-mails but not recent ones. Also when he types messages and klick "send", it's just ... gone. It's neither showing up in the "sent" or "draft" folder. I haven't received anything since the update is on and he sent about 10 messages. It's annoying.

S.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:12 PM

Default m3player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakyamuni View Post
Hey to all,

We are impatiently waiting for the tablets to come to TRCI. I've read that recently they are struggling getting them along with the mp3 System (accesscorrections). My man is curious to know if the tablets Need to be plugged in at the Kiosk as well? And once sent a message via Telmate, does it indeed immediately Show up?

I would really like to know from you girls having men with tablets in there - how is it working? Is it worth the costs and charges?

S.
my LO in Ohio has the mp3 player they are nice and worth the money. They plug in for information to check on their mail, music, visits, money on books. Our problem is the kiosks break alot, they only have a few for the amount of prisoners and are lucky to get to use it because ever one else is on it. Its nice they can get pix I think it holds up to 50 then they have to start erasing them. They are nice because they can take the time in their cells and write the letter then plug in. Since 20 min not long enough time for a lot of inmates that are not good at typing.
The Following User Says Thank You to auntie2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2014, 01:16 PM

Default tablets

Quote:
Hey to all,

S.
from ohio... in your post are you saying they are actually trying to get tables in there? WOW that would be nice. My issue is these folks need to keep up with technology. Maybe there would be excel or some sort of word program. I hope it is an actual table you are referring to.

Last edited by auntie2; 07-23-2014 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: just realized we are using mp4 player
The Following User Says Thank You to auntie2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2014, 06:01 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Hi Rachel,
yeah we have the same issues. At least he seems to receive e-mails but not recent ones. Also when he types messages and klick "send", it's just ... gone. It's neither showing up in the "sent" or "draft" folder. I haven't received anything since the update is on and he sent about 10 messages. It's annoying.

S.
My dad was having the same issues. While the new software will let him compose a message of up to 5000 characters, when he hits send, the system eats it. But if he keeps it to under 300 characters, it will go through.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2014, 10:14 AM

My daughter has been locked up so long, technology scares her. she doesn't know how to use anything, are things explained to the inmates. A lot has happened with technology in 11 years, that's for sure

Last edited by mothersharon; 07-24-2014 at 10:15 AM..
Old 07-24-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
My dad was having the same issues. While the new software will let him compose a message of up to 5000 characters, when he hits send, the system eats it. But if he keeps it to under 300 characters, it will go through.
Thanks! I'll have to let my boyfriend know to keep it under 300. I hope they get that fixed soon. I also heard that now with the 5,000 they are going to charge inmates to send emails. I'm not sure why he isn't receiving my emails- if he doesn't start receiving them soon I might send a message to accesscorrections.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:03 PM
♥HIS WIFEY POR VIDA ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel011 View Post
Thanks! I'll have to let my boyfriend know to keep it under 300. I hope they get that fixed soon. I also heard that now with the 5,000 they are going to charge inmates to send emails. I'm not sure why he isn't receiving my emails- if he doesn't start receiving them soon I might send a message to accesscorrections.

Hey girl I was just wondering what facility your boyfriend is in. Most facilities in CA still don't have them. Or the ones that my husband has been in don't allow prisoners to have them yet. Hoping that real soon though.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Wow Ginger that was the best hint ever! I told him to do so and yeah - it worked! However, I heard from ODOC that they wanted to get the inmates charged since 08/01. I hoped once beyond that date, it would all work fine but NO! It's such an annoyance. I got a purchase plan expiring on 08/10 and now I have to write A LOT of messages so I haven't spent the money for nothing (unfortunately, pics not included). Such an annoyance, really.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

If you buy the credits in large quantities ($50 for 5000 credits), it's almost as cheap as buying the plan and the credits never expire. That's how I do it. I couldn't write enough messages to use up one of the plans before it expired. It's certainly cheaper to do it with the credits that don't expire if you end up losing a bunch of credits (read: money) at the end of each month anyway.