Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Default Can I call MPCF to see if inmate had privileges revoked?

I'm hoping for some input....
Does anyone know if I can call MPCF, if so who do I need to speak with to see if an inmate has had privileges revoked&unable to call,omail or have visitors?
He called me yesterday morning&said he had a meeting this morning with his counselor,but wasn't sure what was going to happen(additional charges,privelages revoked,put in solitary,etc.?).This meeting was due to false allegations during a phone conversation,by the"mother"of his child, calling the prison&telling them,that during a phone call from the inmate to his son,which hasn't been made through the"mother",for over a month,but she conveniently called the prison Tues.(the conversation,when this supposedly happened should be recorded),but none the less,he had to go see the counselor this morning&I've still heard Nothing.
She's trying to assure that he doesn't receive parole,(his review is supposed to be next month)&wants to divert attention away from herself,since the home she shares with her boyfriend&children,as well as her boyfriend's vehicle were searched recently,with warrants,soon after her boyfriend was arrested&charged for possession of a controlled substance&drug paraphernalia,this isn't his1st time being charged,but the verdict is unknown until later this month.
These things are favorable to the prisoner, because although he's incarcerated,he's got intentions to fight for custody of his child,upon release&he's not incarcerated for drinking or drugs.It's for violation of a no contact order with the"mother"of his child,but she went out of her way to get the no contact order dropped almost5months ago.
I don't want to make the long drive to the facility, if I'm not able to see him,so Any ideas,assistance,etc.,with this issue is Greatly Appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,749 Times in 1,744 Posts
Default Calling MPCF

Hi there, have you heard from your loved one? My friend is in MPCF too, and he normally o-mails or calls at least once a day, but I haven't heard from him yesterday or today. I thought maybe the staff was behind on processing o-mails, which happens sometimes. But seeing your post makes me wonder if they're on lock down or something.

Did you call? You can call the facility and ask if your lived one can have visitors, which I recommend before traveling anyway. During business hours you can ask to speak with his counselor. They may or may not actually talk to you, it's up to them.

His ex sounds like a real peach. 🙄 Sorry you guys are going through that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimplyMe123 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-06-2019), Ms.Independent3 (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 07:17 PM

Hello,sorry for the delay in responding, it's been a CrAzY month!
Yes,I did receive an omail from him,which said he could still have visitors,but the#was decreased, so I was able to go see him,he's still on"restriction"&they were planning to have him moved to another cell,due to the incident, but I haven't heard a lot from him since all of this took place, in fact I've only received one call & a couple of omails! His dad took his son to see him last Mon.(which he usually sees his dad&son weekly) My nerves are Shot to say the least.
I just sent him another message&I'm hoping & praying that I hear something back from him! I'm going to try to go see him tomorrow or Mon.,but not until I find out if he can have visitors,but He's Never gone this long without calling or messaging, so I'm very concerned!
They do whatever they want to do at that place & they get away with it, it's RIDICULOUS!

His ex is Definitely a Constant nuisance! I can't wait for him to get out & get custody, so his son is treated the way he needs & deserves to be treated!
Old 12-25-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyMe123 View Post
Hi there, have you heard from your loved one? My friend is in MPCF too, and he normally o-mails or calls at least once a day, but I haven't heard from him yesterday or today. I thought maybe the staff was behind on processing o-mails, which happens sometimes. But seeing your post makes me wonder if they're on lock down or something.

Did you call? You can call the facility and ask if your lived one can have visitors, which I recommend before traveling anyway. During business hours you can ask to speak with his counselor. They may or may not actually talk to you, it's up to them.

His ex sounds like a real peach. 🙄 Sorry you guys are going through that.
So, after my last update, I posted Again, because I'm thinking that some time after the meeting, the prison decided to add further revocation of privileges, including calls, omails, etc.,I called to see about visitation & he's restricted to 1 hour no contact visits & isn't allowed to call or message. I'm not sure how long this will be enforced, this is the longest we've gone without any type of communication, the last call I received from him was2weeks ago&the last message was9days ago. If he's allowed the one15minute call, I expect him to call his parents to check on his child, that's just the type of father he is!
I wish I knew the extent of the most current circumstances, etc.,its Extremely nerve racking! 😔
If you have any input, I would appreciate your thoughts! Thanks!

Last edited by Ms.Independent3; 12-25-2019 at 07:49 PM..
Old 12-28-2019, 09:06 AM

This has been the longest we've gone without contact.I still haven't received any calls or O'mails@all.
I've been looking online for inmate privilege revocations times,etc.,but haven't had any success in finding a clear answer, when I was online I checked updates on his offender information, and saw that he's now got an additional12days on his *TDD-SDD?
I'm confused as to why they decided to add more time to his sentence,what their reason for doing so is&if I can do anything to help him appeal it&get the additional time they added, reduced?
I'm confused&frustrated&I'm sure he is too,having this happen,especially this time of year? ��
Any input is Greatly Appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Old 12-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,160 Times in 13,317 Posts

Here is the inmateaid.com page with links to Table of Contents for IA DOC- Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility (MPCF):
https://www.inmateaid.com/prisons/ia...-facility-mpcf

IA DOC - Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility (MPCF) Information
Free Henry County Inmate Search in Mt. Pleasant, IA
What Are the Visitation Rules for State Prison
What Are the Visitation Hours for IA DOC - Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility (MPCF)
How To Save Up to 80% Inmate Calls at IA DOC - Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility (MPCF)
How does the discount phone service work with Iowa Departmentof Corrections - Fund Facility.
Send Photos to your Inmate from Your Phone or Computer in Less than 2 Minutes
How to Show Them You Care with Inmate Care Packages to IA DOC - Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility (MPCF)
What is Inmate Commissary and How to Send Money to an Inmate at IA DOC - Mt. Pleasant Correctional Facility (MPCF)
Put Money on Inmate Phone Account

Last edited by fbopnomore; 12-28-2019 at 05:42 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Ms.Independent3 (01-02-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 09:43 PM

I FINALLY Received an Omail from him on NYE,around8:30am,he had in fact been in the hole,he was put in for15days,he's allowed to message,but still on phone restriction for a total of60days,which will end right around Valentine's day,his*TDD,*SDD review is still set for1-28-20,but I'm not getting high hopes that he'll get it,after this restriction enforcement,but I'm not sure.
I'm thankful that I finally received a message from him!
I'm going to get a letter written,addressed&submitted to the Iowa board of parole in his behalf, hope&pray that he's granted parole!����
He's been through So much since last year, he needs to be home & get the Love,Support&Everything else he hasn't had, but is so Deserving Of! ��
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms.Independent3 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-03-2020)
Old 01-08-2020, 10:26 AM

Angry Help!!!!

Update:
I found out that he was in fact in the hole&had his privileges revoked, due to the"mother"of his child calling the prison&complaining about a conversation that they had3weeks prior,they were joking around&something during the conversation was able to be manipulated into something negative, by her. She dropped the no contact order6months ago,and he had called@various times to check on his child, when the child was there.
This original charge is from5 years ago,after they found out she was pregnant,but Every Time he's close to completing probation, she files a complaint against him and it starts it over! This has gone on for 5years on an original 2year charge!
Does anyone have any recommendations for Anything that can be done, for the court to look@the case&see how she's continually manipulating the charge&system?
This should have been done & over with a Long Time Ago!
Old 01-08-2020, 01:55 PM

Thanked 3,963 Times in 1,216 Posts

Presumably they listened to the phone call and made the determination based on what he actually said on the phone call.

It’s rough to be on the outside looking in, but you weren’t on that phone call and you don’t know what was said. You know what he’s telling you, and he has an interest in making himself sound the least culpable. Threats are threats. You can’t yell “I’ve got a bomb” on a plane and then go home later because you told the cops it was a joke.

Has he considered the possibility of getting a no contact order against her? Seems like if she’s truly fabricating stories one would be approved. On the other hand, my own experience as a domestic violence victim has taught me that it’s pretty damn difficult to get someone in jail for actual abuse so it seems unlikely to me that she would be able to make something up out of the blue and get him sent to jail multiple times.

I get it, that’s hard to believe about a person you care about, but try to remember that people have many facets and the shiny, sparkly side he showed you might not be the same one he shows her.

Good luck to you.