Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-11-2020, 09:26 PM

Default Anyone know anything about Marion or Texarkana Federal prisons?

Anyone know anything about Marion or Texarkana prisons? are either one safe? how do the CO's treat the inmates, how do the inmates treat eachother? are they safe?

Thanks for any help possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
John M (01-12-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
Anyone know anything about Marion or Texarkana prisons? are either one safe? how do the CO's treat the inmates, how do the inmates treat eachother? are they safe?

Thanks for any help possible.
My best friend was at Marion. He never had any issues, while there, but I've heard they have put some stricter policies in place since. I never had issues going to see him. All the COs seemed okay.
Born (01-13-2020), fbopnomore (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 08:25 PM

Are you asking so that you can request a particular prison for the same person? Problem here is that one (Marion) is a medium security prison, and one (Texarkana) is a low. It is like asking do you want to McDonalds or Golden Corral ... let's say Outback would be some place like Terre Haute...lol.

My husband had requested Marion for two reasons... one it is close to us and secondly was because it has a sex offender program. Problem was that despite the fact that his crime is classified as a sex offense, it is not considered "bad enough" for a Medium security prison (yeah... whatever... that's not what the guidelines and his sentence). We did not really know this in the beginning so again, he requested Marion but he was placed in a low... much further away.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
Are you asking so that you can request a particular prison for the same person? Problem here is that one (Marion) is a medium security prison, and one (Texarkana) is a low. It is like asking do you want to McDonalds or Golden Corral ... let's say Outback would be some place like Terre Haute...lol.

My husband had requested Marion for two reasons... one it is close to us and secondly was because it has a sex offender program. Problem was that despite the fact that his crime is classified as a sex offense, it is not considered "bad enough" for a Medium security prison (yeah... whatever... that's not what the guidelines and his sentence). We did not really know this in the beginning so again, he requested Marion but he was placed in a low... much further away.
We're not sure either his attorney just put those two out and asked my husband to think of which one he wanted to go to and seeing we know nothing about the prison system i thought that i might come here and ask the experts.

Thank you, I appreciate your reply.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
My best friend was at Marion. He never had any issues, while there, but I've heard they have put some stricter policies in place since. I never had issues going to see him. All the COs seemed okay.
Have you any idea what those policies are? or how i can get a hold of them?

Thank you so much for responding. much appreciated.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:56 AM

Let me get woke up and head on straight and I will message you.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:54 AM

I tried to message you and although I admit for whatever reason I may not be fully awake as I couldn't get it to message you correctly it says that you may not have turned that option on. Let me know and we'll go from there.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I tried to message you and although I admit for whatever reason I may not be fully awake as I couldn't get it to message you correctly it says that you may not have turned that option on. Let me know and we'll go from there.
From what my friend found out (from guys who left Marion and were transferred where he is now) phone time being reduced was the main policy change.
As I said, my friend liked Marion and I never had a problem with anyone there.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
From what my friend found out (from guys who left Marion and were transferred where he is now) phone time being reduced was the main policy change.
I have heard Marion is fairly safe and non violent but until we know what the OP's LO is facing there's no way to know if he'll even qualify for a medium security prison. The BOP won't put you in a higher security than you qualify for. I would hate to see the OP's LO ask for Marion only to find out that he qualifies for a low security.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I'm having problems with my messages how do i get them activated. I'm clueless when it comes to computers.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I think i found the area where the private messages are and ticked the box so that should activate private messages now i think. Please let me know if your still having problems messaging me. Thank you.
Girl22472 (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you John M, I appreciate your reply.
John M (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
I think i found the area where the private messages are and ticked the box so that should activate private messages now i think. Please let me know if your still having problems messaging me. Thank you.
It worked and I had copied and held on what I typed up earlier to send you so I just pasted it in and sent you a message
Old 01-13-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
It worked and I had copied and held on what I typed up earlier to send you so I just pasted it in and sent you a message
Thank you so much, I appreciate it.

Thank you