Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Illinois

Old 02-24-2017, 06:56 AM

Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,573 Posts
Default Menard is on lockdown again.

Here is the link from our local new station. http://www.wsiltv.com/story/34589027...er-on-lockdown

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Sunflwrs (02-25-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Ozzie'sGurl

Can someone who has a loved one in menard contact me please Contact information removed per PTO policy

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH AN INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Last edited by IzzyLouWho; 04-25-2017 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Contact information removed per policy
Old 04-25-2017, 06:26 PM

Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,573 Posts

It is preferable that questions are posted to the forum, as others may find the answers helpful, as well.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:48 PM

Hello LO of Menard
is anyone receiving phone calls, emails, or snail mail letters?
I have heard nothing for nearly 2 weeks.
Is the whole institution being punished?
Old 07-28-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflwrs View Post
Hello LO of Menard
is anyone receiving phone calls, emails, or snail mail letters?
I have heard nothing for nearly 2 weeks.
Is the whole institution being punished?

Hey! I just received a letter on Wednesday and I've been getting phone calls every day. There are some people that aren't allowed to use the phone, and I've been passing messages to other people because of it. Last time I talk with my buddy he mentioned everything, slowly, was getting back to normal. It would just take some time.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:39 PM

Default menard lockdown

Hi All:

Just booked my air ticket to go see my LO next weekend. After 19 years together he will finally have contact visits. YAHOO!

BUT.......lockdown has creeped its ugly head again. As of today, they are on "restricted visiting". Typically if one house is being punished the other houses are normal.
When I called the prison, they stated for me to contact "clinical" to find out if my LO can have a visit.

Anyone else visiting? Or heard of calling "clinical"?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresam67 View Post
Can someone who has a loved one in menard contact me please Contact information removed per PTO policy

my man is at Menard and I'm going to visit this summer *probably July for my birthday* I'd love to know if you have visited, what is it like? I am so anxious to see him (he was moved to Menard from Pontiac and prior to that he was at Stateville; lots of moving since 2005)
Old 05-07-2019, 06:24 AM
Account Closed

Smile Menard visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemcc View Post
my man is at Menard and I'm going to visit this summer *probably July for my birthday* I'd love to know if you have visited, what is it like? I am so anxious to see him (he was moved to Menard from Pontiac and prior to that he was at Stateville; lots of moving since 2005)
I have visited my man at Menard several times now. The first time can be kind of nerve wracking but after that it is smooth sailing. The officers know me now and are really nice. The visiting room is small so if you go on a weekend I would suggest being there as soon as they open so that you get most of the 4 hour visit. If you go during the week itís usually not that busy and you will get the full 4 hours. My man is being transferred to Lawrence soon so unfortunately I will have to go through the first visit stuff all over again, but I love my Eric so wherever he goes I go!
Old 05-07-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisprincess2019 View Post
I have visited my man at Menard several times now. The first time can be kind of nerve wracking but after that it is smooth sailing. The officers know me now and are really nice. The visiting room is small so if you go on a weekend I would suggest being there as soon as they open so that you get most of the 4 hour visit. If you go during the week itís usually not that busy and you will get the full 4 hours. My man is being transferred to Lawrence soon so unfortunately I will have to go through the first visit stuff all over again, but I love my Eric so wherever he goes I go!
thank you so much!!!!!! omg, my BF is Eric LOL..... he's not being transferred to another facility though so thankfully it's not the same one LOL- can you even imagine??? I'm planning to do weekdays- can you go 3 days in a row???
Old 05-07-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflwrs View Post
Hi All:

Just booked my air ticket to go see my LO next weekend. After 19 years together he will finally have contact visits. YAHOO!

BUT.......lockdown has creeped its ugly head again. As of today, they are on "restricted visiting". Typically if one house is being punished the other houses are normal.
When I called the prison, they stated for me to contact "clinical" to find out if my LO can have a visit.

Anyone else visiting? Or heard of calling "clinical"?

IDK why but everytime I call Dixon and ask to speak to whoever does video visits/GTL they answer with "clinical" lol
Old 05-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemcc View Post
thank you so much!!!!!! omg, my BF is Eric LOL..... he's not being transferred to another facility though so thankfully it's not the same one LOL- can you even imagine??? I'm planning to do weekdays- can you go 3 days in a row???
Yes you can go three in a row, Iíve done 4 lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
jemcc (05-07-2019)