Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:47 PM

Exclamation Please help: Arkansas Valley Correctional facility

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and was looking for someone who can help with information/advice. Long story short: my husband is back in the hole due to someone telling the CO's he had a weapon, they took him to the hole, and in the middle of that someone (not sure who or if more than one person) went in to his cell and stole a lot of his belongings. Now they are trying to send him to a faculty where only gang related people go, and there's stabbings everyday.

Is there anything I can do? Is there a place I can call. The facility is not so great on giving me information.

Someone please help, I'm desperate and alone in all of this.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfuentes View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to this and was looking for someone who can help with information/advice. Long story short: my husband is back in the hole due to someone telling the CO's he had a weapon, they took him to the hole, and in the middle of that someone (not sure who or if more than one person) went in to his cell and stole a lot of his belongings. Now they are trying to send him to a faculty where only gang related people go, and there's stabbings everyday.

Is there anything I can do? Is there a place I can call. The facility is not so great on giving me information.

Someone please help, I'm desperate and alone in all of this.
My husband was there almost 9 years and was recently transferred. Did they actually find a weapon? What unit was he in? What do you mean "back in the hole"? There is a hearing process but if they actually found a weapon on him they can (and will most likely) transfer him. There is no facility that only houses gang members. There are several facilities that house a lot of gang affiliated offenders.

Last edited by nancyginnm; 12-18-2017 at 06:24 PM..
Old 12-18-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
My husband was there almost 9 years and was recently transferred. Did they actually find a weapon? What unit was he in? What do you mean "back in the hole"? There is a hearing process but if they actually found a weapon on him they can (and will most likely) transfer him. There is no facility that only houses gang members. There are several facilities that house a lot of gang affiliated offenders.
No they didn't find anything on him or in his room. This happened Friday and he got his one call today. He was previously in the hole because CA has a warrant and they put him in there because of the severity of the case and he got out on Wednesday but they didn't activate his phone. They have been messing with him a lot and I live in California and feel helpless because there's not much I can do. I'm also not sure what unit he's in but he said they want to move him to a csp? I talked to a CO today and said they are having a hearing tomorrow and will decide what is going to happen with him.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfuentes View Post
No they didn't find anything on him or in his room. This happened Friday and he got his one call today. He was previously in the hole because CA has a warrant and they put him in there because of the severity of the case and he got out on Wednesday but they didn't activate his phone. They have been messing with him a lot and I live in California and feel helpless because there's not much I can do. I'm also not sure what unit he's in but he said they want to move him to a csp? I talked to a CO today and said they are having a hearing tomorrow and will decide what is going to happen with him.
Hopefully if they didn't find anything, he will be found not guilty. However, if he is in the hole, they must have probable cause. You can try calling his case manager, however, none of the case managers (with the exception of one) at AVCF are very helpful. CSP is the maximum security prison. If he is sent there he will be on 23 hour lock down and will have very limited privileges (it really sucks there). There are not a lot of stabbings there as the offenders are not allowed out of their cells at the same time.