Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2018, 02:37 AM

Default First Time Visiting My Friend (Oak Park Heights)

Hi everyone,

I am very new to all this.
I have been writing to my penpal for over a year now, and I am going to visit him at the end of the month (in a bit over three weeks). He's in a bad headspace and is very lonely, so I want to support him to the best of my abilities.
I live in Europe and even if I'm not just taking the trip to the US for this, I'm still equally excited and nervous about going to the prison and meeting him.
He's at Oak Park Heights, which is a maximum security prison.
Any of you ever visited someone there? I read the guidelines and I think I know everything there is to know about the rules, but I guess what I'm looking for is some personal experience around it.

Also, a more practical question: I don't drive, and I will most likely be staying in Minneapolis. Does anyone know if public transport works on the week-end (visits are only possible on week-ends there) between Minneapolis and Oak Park Heights?

Thank you all !

Alice
Sponsored Links