Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:18 PM

Still no word from mine
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 07:20 PM
Account Closed

I had my first visit at USP Victorville today, and it was also my last one. This place is the absolute worst.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:29 PM

So are they allowing visits now? Wat happened ?
Old 10-15-2017, 09:12 PM
Account Closed

Mine is at the USP. They haven't been locked down. That is a vile place. They make people change for ridiculous reasons. Their VR policies are pretty much inhumane and officers are disrespectful and assholes to the inmates. This place is the worst I've ever been.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:40 PM

Bur got to see your honey. That was a good thing, right? FCI Medium II still has no visiting posted. What happened there at USP that made it such a bad visit?? Just curious.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Account Closed

It was good to see him, but the conditions make it miserable. They give everyone a hard time about their clothes. They "warn" the guys for the littlest things, and are jackasses about it. Nothing to eat or drink the entire time and the guys only get one bathroom break, at the same time, and when he asked about going again he was told he could leave at any time. In other words, cut your visit and you can go to the bathroom. The place is way below sub-standard. I won't be going back. I'd heard it was bad, but wanted to make sure for myself. The information was correct.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Account Closed

They also sit everyone 2+ tables apart. Almost need a megaphone to talk to each other and they have notices on the table that if the tables are moved at all, the visit will be canceled. They recently cancelled a visit because a guy gave his wife a kiss on the check when they did photos. They also don't do photos until the very end of the day. I left at 2:30 and they still hadn't done them. I don't ever leave early, that's how bad it was.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:20 AM

that's horrible why do they behave so atrociously? power tripping or just being sub zero human beings
The Following User Says Thank You to missgizzit For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 04:58 AM
Account Closed

I'm pretty sure it's both.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:59 AM

Im planning on flying over in December to visit and Im not feeling to confident about it at all now. Any advice ? Re dress and manners?

Oh and is it still on lockdown?
Old 10-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Account Closed

Which facility is your guy at?
Old 10-16-2017, 01:46 PM

Victorville medium 1
Old 10-16-2017, 01:57 PM
Account Closed

Mine is at the USP, so I don't know what the 1 is like. If they're anything like the USP, wear a turtle neck with long sleeves! Let me know how your visit goes.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:10 PM

Default Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls View Post
It was good to see him, but the conditions make it miserable. They give everyone a hard time about their clothes. They "warn" the guys for the littlest things, and are jackasses about it. Nothing to eat or drink the entire time and the guys only get one bathroom break, at the same time, and when he asked about going again he was told he could leave at any time. In other words, cut your visit and you can go to the bathroom. The place is way below sub-standard. I won't be going back. I'd heard it was bad, but wanted to make sure for myself. The information was correct.
I'm sorry to hear that. What about the fact that the BOP encourages that the inmates keep contact with Loved Ones and friends while they are incarcerated so re entry is easier on families. You would think they would make visiting more pleasant for that reason. That's too bad that your experience was so miserable. Really sorry to hear that.
The Following User Says Thank You to SANDY1921 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 02:12 PM

I am so relieved that this one is over. It would be so wonderful if it were miraculously the last lock down ever...
Old 10-16-2017, 02:17 PM

Ive been to lots of facilities in 13 yrs and if you want to have a good visit no matter where u go....just follow the rules! wear something u wud normally wear to church (Jeans and a black T-shirt with sneakers), get there early so u can wait outside the property ...830 am they will let u drive in and get in line u get ur visiting form with a number once they call ur number they will processes u. They are slow so be patience. Once inside they will tell u where to sit wait for ur love ones ...One kiss when u see him and when u leave! Have I been picked on for the clothes i wear ...Yes! do i make a big deal about it?? NO! i run to my car and change and go straight back cuz i refuse to let anyone ruin my visit with my husband! Hope this helps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marrybelle For This Useful Post:
Carmel65 (10-17-2017), Hurley123 (10-17-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDY1921 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. What about the fact that the BOP encourages that the inmates keep contact with Loved Ones and friends while they are incarcerated so re entry is easier on families. You would think they would make visiting more pleasant for that reason. That's too bad that your experience was so miserable. Really sorry to hear that.
To the contrary, they really don't encourage relationships. They do everything they can to stop people from visiting. Their excuse is always to stop contraband from coming in....when it's their own staff that do the majority of that.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrybelle View Post
Ive been to lots of facilities in 13 yrs and if you want to have a good visit no matter where u go....just follow the rules! wear something u wud normally wear to church (Jeans and a black T-shirt with sneakers), get there early so u can wait outside the property ...830 am they will let u drive in and get in line u get ur visiting form with a number once they call ur number they will processes u. They are slow so be patience. Once inside they will tell u where to sit wait for ur love ones ...One kiss when u see him and when u leave! Have I been picked on for the clothes i wear ...Yes! do i make a big deal about it?? NO! i run to my car and change and go straight back cuz i refuse to let anyone ruin my visit with my husband! Hope this helps
It doesn't matter if you follow rules. Harassment is harassment. That's great for them that you are complacent, but I am not going to be harassed. He can cut his visit short to be able to go to the restroom? I flew 3 hours and then drove 3 more, but I should leave because they refuse to allow them to go to the restroom more than once in 6 hours. Ridiculous.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:46 PM

is the lockdown in medium 1 over as well?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:51 PM

Default Stay in touch

Quote:
To the contrary, they really don't encourage relationships. They do everything they can to stop people from visiting. Their excuse is always to stop contraband from coming in....when it's their own staff that do the majority of that.

I get what you are saying, but the BOP as a whole, does encourage inmates to have close ties with families and friends as studies have shown that it reduces the chance of recidivism.

"STAY IN TOUCH"
Studies show that when inmates maintain relationships with friends and family, it greatly reduces the risk they will recidivate.

You will find this statement at the very top of the "COMMUNICATION" link on the BOP website.

Of course, this does not mean that wardens or Co's believe or even care what happens to them once they are released and the treatment you received during your visit proves that the BOP does not monitor each prison and the conduct of their employees as closely as they should. However, with enough complaints, that could change.

All too often we as a society have grown accustomed to just going with the flow (so to speak) but this is not something that has to be tolerated. We pay their salaries, they work for us. That being said, we have the right to be treated with courtesy and respect. Treating visitors as if they are prisoners themselves is not part of their job description and if nothing is ever brought to the attention of those who enforce the rules and policies of the BOP, then it will never change.

There are 113 Federal Prisons in the United States and it is unfortunate that our Loved Ones were sent to do their time in Victorville but the fact of the matter is, they have. We are their voices on the outside. For whatever reason, they are in prison and no matter what they did that put them there, we obviously still love them, otherwise we wouldn't be here. When they get down on themselves or want to just give up, it is us who they look to for a reason to go on. I don't know about your loved ones, but I know that emails, text messages, phone calls and visits come before food and hygiene. If he had to choose between a visit with me and a bag of top ramen soup for the day, he would choose me every time and I'm sure most of yours would as well. We are what keep them going, we are what make them want to do their time and come home.

It is my opinion that just not going to visit ever again is not the answer. Doing something about it is. These people who run the prisons should not be allowed to make their own rules, they should have to be forced to follow the rules of the BOP but if nobody ever does anything about it, then they will continue to drive visitors (like yourself) away permanently and that is unjust and it contradicts what they were hired to do.

Sorry about the long speech but I feel very strongly about the subject and I hate that they continue to get away with treating people this way. So poorly in fact that you and your loved one will be without that feeling of seeing each other in person. That kiss and hug at the beginning and end of the visit could be what gets him through this and it's sad that so many are detoured from visiting for the exact same reason you have been when something could be done to make it right.

Like I said, "WE PAY THEIR SALARIES" they need to be reminded of this..

Last edited by SANDY1921; 10-16-2017 at 10:06 PM..
Carmel65 (10-17-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 10:13 PM

I am not one for spreading rumors but I have to ask if any of you heard about the inmate who had the heart attack today, from your LO... I am not going to discuss it here but it is a perfect example of why something has got to be done about the way things are run here. It was horrible how their lack of compassion for these inmates puts them all at risk.

I cannot wait until he is out of there.
Hurley123 (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 12:02 AM

He was an older guy, Greg, over weight, snacked a lot and was not physically fit. He couldnt walk because his knees needing replacements and being Victorville I am sure he rarely got basic medical care. I think he was 62. He was hopeful for a pardon. I am sure the being stuck basically in the size of a walk in closet with another guy for a month didnt help. We will never know if it was a heart attack or if he threw a clot. But sedentary in the cell meant he wasnt even getting out for walks back and forth to chow which with all his factors would make it likely to clot. I blame the lock down for his lack of health. Yes, he had other health issues. But total sedentary stuck on your bunk for a month is not good for anyone. They were out in the units today ... still no yard and phone calls still only 5 minutes. It messes with all of them, the lock downs. If your Loved One has mental health issues it makes them worse, if they have health issues, it makes them worse. A healthy young guy? Makes him less healthy and develop mental issues. I would want to scream and not stop after a few days. I dont know how they dont have more issues with these frequent lock downs.
I dont know if the guys watched him being given cpr from their little windows or what but I think they did and they said he later died in the hospital. You know its hard on each one of them whether they saw it or not. Praying for Gregs family if he had any and for the guys who will miss him there or were traumatized from the whole event. This isnt the first death there of course. I know my loved one has seen people fall out (pass away) on the yard before. You wont ever see any news of it. But there is supposed to be compassionate release in federal system when they reach old age... there isnt. They keep them until they are costing the government too much with their illness then only will they discharge a inmate/patient. Someone gave me advice today on another page telling me what I should do... some of us been doing this road a LONG time and really things have not gotten better in the last 25 years. Things are not more humane at all.
Blessings ladies. Think a minute and say a little prayer or send positive thoughts to the guys and to this mans family. Very sad indeed.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie2017 View Post
My husband transferred from usp max to fci med ll shu on Sept 12. I got one small letter this hole time. It's been horrible not having communication with him . In shu he sees nobody the isolation is torture after 14 days . Going to make his mental health worse. Lockdown for weeks on end is cruel n inhuman conditions. We need to get together n voice our concerns . Let me know if you have lo in med ll
I have my dude in the shu at med 2 as well and it's been torture for me to so believe me I understand your frustration. I am also almost 9 months pregnant with our child on top of not being able to regularly communicate with him as well. I hope they end this lockdown very soon or he get transferred soon to the halfway house like he is suppose to because your right, all this isolation is not good for their mental health and the few letter I have received from him since this UNECSSARRY lockdown has proved that. I'm so sad for him and and everybody that has to go through this including myself.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Ain't that the truth! One of the SHU lieutenants at the USP has been on administrative leave three times since March being investigated for bringing in contraband. And they keep letting her back in.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzb View Post
He was an older guy, Greg, over weight, snacked a lot and was not physically fit. He couldnt walk because his knees needing replacements and being Victorville I am sure he rarely got basic medical care. I think he was 62. He was hopeful for a pardon. I am sure the being stuck basically in the size of a walk in closet with another guy for a month didnt help. We will never know if it was a heart attack or if he threw a clot. But sedentary in the cell meant he wasnt even getting out for walks back and forth to chow which with all his factors would make it likely to clot. I blame the lock down for his lack of health. Yes, he had other health issues. But total sedentary stuck on your bunk for a month is not good for anyone. They were out in the units today ... still no yard and phone calls still only 5 minutes. It messes with all of them, the lock downs. If your Loved One has mental health issues it makes them worse, if they have health issues, it makes them worse. A healthy young guy? Makes him less healthy and develop mental issues. I would want to scream and not stop after a few days. I dont know how they dont have more issues with these frequent lock downs.
I dont know if the guys watched him being given cpr from their little windows or what but I think they did and they said he later died in the hospital. You know its hard on each one of them whether they saw it or not. Praying for Gregs family if he had any and for the guys who will miss him there or were traumatized from the whole event. This isnt the first death there of course. I know my loved one has seen people fall out (pass away) on the yard before. You wont ever see any news of it. But there is supposed to be compassionate release in federal system when they reach old age... there isnt. They keep them until they are costing the government too much with their illness then only will they discharge a inmate/patient. Someone gave me advice today on another page telling me what I should do... some of us been doing this road a LONG time and really things have not gotten better in the last 25 years. Things are not more humane at all.
Blessings ladies. Think a minute and say a little prayer or send positive thoughts to the guys and to this mans family. Very sad indeed.

When I first read your post I started to feel panicky inside. Until I realized you were talking about the prison where the lockdown has been and not the USP. Why the panicky feeling? Because my guy is 62 years old and suffers from coronary artery disease but he's in the SHU at USP supposedly waiting transferred to a federal Medical Center which isn't happening as of yet. He's also an insulin-dependent diabetic, has high blood pressure, is now in a wheelchair due to a calf muscle injury from lack of movement from being in SHU for over 7 months And now throw in a head injury on top of it. So hearing stories like this where somebody dies in prison is my biggest fear that I'll get a phone call one day saying he died or I'll just end up discovering it on the BOP inmate locator. Prayers are definitely going out to Greg's family Because I can definitely empathize with what they have to be feeling right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carmel65 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-17-2017)