Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Lee5 View Post
My hubby just wrote me....it was between everybody....blacks...Mexicans...whites ....Indians....etc.....a lot of pepper spray and concussion grenades....one of the worst my hubby has seen in his 20 yrs in there....plenty people were "leaking"......lockdown will last a very very long time.
Did any of the men go to the hospital? Why wasn't it in the news? Yeah as I stated he believed it was between the two groups so he must of not been on the yard is that where it happened? How horrible!
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (05-25-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Wife

I called the regional office bc I haven't received mail she said I'm listed as emergency contact so if my husband was hurt in any way they would call me but I didn't believe that but she was nice she said they have a backlog with the mail that's probably why I didn't receive bc they checking what goes out and in... But I believe they not sending mail out from his unit bc he would of written by now ... She said he was ok but I'm very concerned she said it wouldn't be a month long lockdown but she did say it's up to the warden ... I'm just concerned and somewhat worried but deep down I know he's ok just what to hear from him to make sure... Prayers up to all the LO's Behring the wall it's crazy...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladydae For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-25-2016), Caligirl75 (05-25-2016), Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydae View Post
I called the regional office bc I haven't received mail she said I'm listed as emergency contact so if my husband was hurt in any way they would call me but I didn't believe that but she was nice she said they have a backlog with the mail that's probably why I didn't receive bc they checking what goes out and in... But I believe they not sending mail out from his unit bc he would of written by now ... She said he was ok but I'm very concerned she said it wouldn't be a month long lockdown but she did say it's up to the warden ... I'm just concerned and somewhat worried but deep down I know he's ok just what to hear from him to make sure... Prayers up to all the LO's Behring the wall it's crazy...
I received a letter today and it was post marked the 23rd written on the 22nd but he has not received any of my mail in weeks. Mail room is probably overloaded with letters due to the continuous lockdowns the past 3 months. I am sure you will get a letter soon....prayers for everyone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-26-2016), Ladydae (05-26-2016), Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl75 View Post
I received a letter today and it was post marked the 23rd written on the 22nd but he has not received any of my mail in weeks. Mail room is probably overloaded with letters due to the continuous lockdowns the past 3 months. I am sure you will get a letter soon....prayers for everyone.
My sister will be working on the petition letter and should be done by Tuesday as she has to do her other writing too. I have someone overseas that is going to sign it as she used to have her man at USP. So if any of you know others that would like to sign that would be great. I believe due to all the unnecessary lockdowns ie: one man refusing to leave the yard, a fight between two inmates..that this has built up so much tension and anger that it grew into the horrible riots last Thursday. Men that normally just went on their everyday jobs, school, and physical exercise were unable to do this for the last three months and it just blew up. I am praying that everyone is okay and what we are doing on the outside can shed a light and some hope in that hellish place.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (05-26-2016), ladysb (05-26-2016), Lytebryte (05-26-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 05:14 PM
The Wait Is Almost Over!.

Thumbs down We need to go to the press!

I found this letter down in victorville. Come on family and friends... We deserve answers....

FILE PHOTO: DAILY PRESS |
By Rebecca Howes, Staff Writer

Posted Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Updated Jan 9, 2014 at 10:02 AM

VICTORVILLE • Lengthy lockdowns at the United States Penitentiary-Victorville have become a concern to those with connections to inmates inside the prison after an Aryan Brotherhood inmate was murdered Nov. 13.
The penitentiary first went on lockdown the day David Snow, who had served as president of the Aryan Brotherhood in Ohio, was pronounced dead at the scene. The manner in which he was killed was not disclosed.
According to USP spokesman James Engleman, the penitentiary was on lockdown for approximately 10 days from the date of Snow's death.
The facility was on lockdown again Dec. 23 and returned to modified operations on Monday. Inmates are currently able to make contact with family and friends.
Gloria La Riva, coordinator for the National Committee to Free the Cuban Five, is one of those concerned with the lengthy lockdowns at the Victorville high-security facility. The prison is home to one of the Cuban Five, Gerardo Hernandez, who is serving a double-life sentence at the prison.
"The lockdown is a very worrisome situation for the men and their families," La Riva said.
During lockdown, inmates are restricted to their cells with no contact from friends or family members. They also are restricted from contact with other inmates, with the exception of cellmates.
According to Engleman, lockdowns vary in time, based on the security concerns.
"The problem is lockdown just exacerbates the situation," La Riva said. "It's so sad what happens to the prisoners. They are treated so poorly."
The mother of one penitentiary inmate contacted the Daily Press to express her concern over the lockdowns and poor conditions at the facility, but asked that her identity be withheld.
"I don't want my son to be punished," she said. "That facility is horrible. You don't treat anyone like that. You don't treat a dog like that. That's a human being."
The unidentified woman, who lives out of state, relies on telephone calls and letters from her son, making it impossible to check up with her son during lockdown. She had not heard a word from him throughout the holidays, until Saturday when she received his letter, and Monday when he finally called.
"He said he had to hurry. He was only allowed out of his cell for an hour to shower and make a phone call," she said. "He said they were going back on lockdown."
"What are the guards getting paid for if the prisoner's are only safe on lockdown?" she asked. "That's what I want to know."
Engleman said the USP returned to modified operations Monday and that inmates are allowed to make contact with family and friends. However, La Riva says that a prison recording contradicts Engleman.
"The recording said there will be no visits," La Riva said after calling the facility Tuesday morning.
The inmate's mother said she does not expect prison to be pleasant, nor does she claim her son has not had his fair share of trouble, but there is a limit.
"You are not rehabilitating anyone like this," she said. "You think your kid is safer because he's off the street, but he's not because of the hideous crimes that are occurring inside that prison."

Sad!!

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
kell1 (06-02-2016), ladysb (05-26-2016), WaitingFor2025 (07-15-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 05:53 PM

Letters need to go to this lady:

Kathleen M. Kenney

Assistant Director Kathleen M. Kenney
Kathleen M. Kenney
Assistant Director/General Counsel
Office of General Counsel
Kathleen M. Kenney is the Assistant Director/General Counsel in the Office of General Counsel. Ms. Kenney joined the Office of General Counsel (OGC) in 1992 as an Honors Attorney in the Legislative and Correctional Issues (LCI) Branch. She served as Attorney Advisor at the Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Talladega, AL from July 1993-1996. Ms. Kenney received the Assistant Director's Award for Exceptional Performance by an Attorney and the Director's Award (Office of Executive Office of U.S. Attorneys) for her assistance and work on prosecutions of inmates involved in the 1995 disturbance at FCI Talladega.

Ms. Kenney returned to OGC as an Assistant General Counsel in LCI in 1996. She also worked in the Labor Law Branch prior to being promoted to Associate General Counsel for LCI in September 1999. Ms. Kenney was subsequently appointed Deputy General Counsel in March 2000, and in that capacity was responsible for oversight of the Litigation Branch, Legislative and Correctional Issues Branch, Labor Law Branch, and the six Regional Counsels. She assumed her current position in June 2004.

Ms. Kenney received her Bachelor's degree in political science from the Catholic University of America in 1988 and her Juris Doctor from the University of Notre Dame in 1992.

God gives his toughest battles, to his strongest💪🏼 soldiers!. I'm loyal to the soil... And nobody can change that.. The wait is almost over, and I'm patiently waiting on Babe!. ⌛️ ❤️💯🤷🏽
Old 05-26-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytebryte View Post
Letters need to go to this lady:

Kathleen M. Kenney

Assistant Director Kathleen M. Kenney
Kathleen M. Kenney
Assistant Director/General Counsel
Office of General Counsel
Kathleen M. Kenney is the Assistant Director/General Counsel in the Office of General Counsel. Ms. Kenney joined the Office of General Counsel (OGC) in 1992 as an Honors Attorney in the Legislative and Correctional Issues (LCI) Branch. She served as Attorney Advisor at the Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Talladega, AL from July 1993-1996. Ms. Kenney received the Assistant Director's Award for Exceptional Performance by an Attorney and the Director's Award (Office of Executive Office of U.S. Attorneys) for her assistance and work on prosecutions of inmates involved in the 1995 disturbance at FCI Talladega.

Ms. Kenney returned to OGC as an Assistant General Counsel in LCI in 1996. She also worked in the Labor Law Branch prior to being promoted to Associate General Counsel for LCI in September 1999. Ms. Kenney was subsequently appointed Deputy General Counsel in March 2000, and in that capacity was responsible for oversight of the Litigation Branch, Legislative and Correctional Issues Branch, Labor Law Branch, and the six Regional Counsels. She assumed her current position in June 2004.

Ms. Kenney received her Bachelor's degree in political science from the Catholic University of America in 1988 and her Juris Doctor from the University of Notre Dame in 1992.
I found this on line.. Prefect contact person to contact per deputy tham

Mary M. Mitchell is the Regional Director of the Western Region. Ms. Mitchell began her BOP career in November 1989 as an administrative secretary at FPC Pensacola (FL). Subsequently, she served in positions of increasing responsibility, including Unit Secretary, Associate Warden's Secretary, and Accounting Technician at FCI Terminal Island (CA); Accounting Technician at FPC Eglin (FL); Budget Analyst at FCI Pekin (IL); Budget and Accounting Officer at FDC Miami (FL); Financial Manager at FCI Talladega (AL) and USP Pollock (LA); and Executive Assistant at USP Atlanta (GA). She was promoted to Executive Assistant for the Southeast Regional Office in March 2004, and later became Associate Warden at FCI Talladega (AL). In April 2007, Ms. Mitchell was selected as Warden over the medium security FCI and the satellite camp at FCC Coleman (FL); in October 2007, she assumed additional responsibility as Warden for the FCC's low security facility. In January 2009, she was selected as Warden for FCI Edgefield (SC); and in January 2011, she was selected as Senior Deputy Assistant Director for the Correctional Programs Division. Ms. Mitchell became the Assistant Director for the Industries, Education, & Vocational Training (IE&VT) Division in January 2012, and became the Regional Director for the Western Region on November 29, 2015.

Ms. Mitchell is a native of Pensacola, Florida and attended Pensacola Junior College. In addition, she completed the Harvard University Women of Power Program as well as the Dale Carnegie leadership program. In 2005, Ms. Mitchell received the U.S. Attorney General's Award for Executives in Management and in 2007, Ms. Mitchell was selected New Warden of the Year. In January 2009, she joined the ranks of the Senior Executive Service.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lytebryte For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-28-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytebryte View Post
I found this on line.. Prefect contact person to contact per deputy tham

Mary M. Mitchell is the Regional Director of the Western Region. Ms. Mitchell began her BOP career in November 1989 as an administrative secretary at FPC Pensacola (FL). Subsequently, she served in positions of increasing responsibility, including Unit Secretary, Associate Warden's Secretary, and Accounting Technician at FCI Terminal Island (CA); Accounting Technician at FPC Eglin (FL); Budget Analyst at FCI Pekin (IL); Budget and Accounting Officer at FDC Miami (FL); Financial Manager at FCI Talladega (AL) and USP Pollock (LA); and Executive Assistant at USP Atlanta (GA). She was promoted to Executive Assistant for the Southeast Regional Office in March 2004, and later became Associate Warden at FCI Talladega (AL). In April 2007, Ms. Mitchell was selected as Warden over the medium security FCI and the satellite camp at FCC Coleman (FL); in October 2007, she assumed additional responsibility as Warden for the FCC's low security facility. In January 2009, she was selected as Warden for FCI Edgefield (SC); and in January 2011, she was selected as Senior Deputy Assistant Director for the Correctional Programs Division. Ms. Mitchell became the Assistant Director for the Industries, Education, & Vocational Training (IE&VT) Division in January 2012, and became the Regional Director for the Western Region on November 29, 2015.

Ms. Mitchell is a native of Pensacola, Florida and attended Pensacola Junior College. In addition, she completed the Harvard University Women of Power Program as well as the Dale Carnegie leadership program. In 2005, Ms. Mitchell received the U.S. Attorney General's Award for Executives in Management and in 2007, Ms. Mitchell was selected New Warden of the Year. In January 2009, she joined the ranks of the Senior Executive Service.
Thank you Lytebryte!! Come join our movement to help our men regain their rights as humans!! Private message me we are 8 strong at the moment and need many more that are passionate about confronting, shining a light on the injustices, and making USP accountable for their human rights abuses. Send you email and phone number with your first name and I am making up a list of members and will be sending it to each of our members in the next day or so. I also will attach the petition that my sister is ever so sweetly working on right now!! We have so many ideas and projects that we will be implementing...let us show our men we have their back and enough is enough!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (05-30-2016), WaitingFor2025 (07-15-2016)
Old 05-28-2016, 07:32 PM

Default Any new info?

Has anyone received any new info on the lockdown and what happened? I haven't heard from my guy since the day it went down. Usually he gets in touch with me right away. I'm starting to stress out.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaBella View Post
Has anyone received any new info on the lockdown and what happened? I haven't heard from my guy since the day it went down. Usually he gets in touch with me right away. I'm starting to stress out.
I was stress out to just got a letter the mail is bacc up no one was seriously hurt you should be hearing from your guy soon hopefully
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladysb For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-29-2016), fbopnomore (05-29-2016), Ladydae (05-30-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaBella View Post
I've gotten letters from my boyfriend a few times. The first one being the 23rd. I had more information about what happened then he did. All the guards said to him was the lockdown could be for a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
AnimaBella (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_lynn View Post
I've gotten letters from my boyfriend a few times. The first one being the 23rd. I had more information about what happened then he did. All the guards said to him was the lockdown could be for a while.
Well that is good that means he was not involved. I am really worried when they get off lockdown what is gonna happen...
Old 05-29-2016, 11:58 PM

Do know how long this lockdown will last?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sigrid93 For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 11:59 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Well that is good that means he was not involved. I am really worried when they get off lockdown what is gonna happen...
I am too all the guys was getting along until the locc down started to happen I pray that everything work out once the locc downs are over an they all realize how much their families need to b able to hear from them get emails an visit's my fiance an I'm pretty sure some of the other guys doesn't want to lose their good time our b locc down for no reason
The Following User Says Thank You to ladysb For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrid93 View Post
Do know how long this lockdown will last?
This Thursday will be two weeks so maybe another 2 weeks not sure. It was a pretty serious situation so most likely it will be a month of lockdown. Only way we will know is when our men know something and we can let everyone here know what they said. It is a cruel waiting game for sure!
Old 05-30-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysb View Post
I am too all the guys was getting along until the locc down started to happen I pray that everything work out once the locc downs are over an they all realize how much their families need to b able to hear from them get emails an visit's my fiance an I'm pretty sure some of the other guys doesn't want to lose their good time our b locc down for no reason
I always put in letters, emails, and calls about how proud I am that he is keeping his cool and focusing on the future that this is just temporary but will he remember this in the heat of the moment?? I hope so!!
Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
This Thursday will be two weeks so maybe another 2 weeks not sure. It was a pretty serious situation so most likely it will be a month of lockdown. Only way we will know is when our men know something and we can let everyone here know what they said. It is a cruel waiting game for sure!
I haven't heard from my boy for that Long and it sucks hopefully everything goes back to normal soon , I miss him a lot !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sigrid93 For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrid93 View Post
I haven't heard from my boy for that Long and it sucks hopefully everything goes back to normal soon , I miss him a lot !!!
I am sorry to say but it is probably never gonna get back to "normal" look forward to many more lockdowns....the warden has absolutely no control over the prison at this time except for locking everyone down. He cracked down on all the inmates even if it was because one man refused to leave the yard when he began his reign over three months ago and locked down everyone. So because of this strategy the men have pent up anger because they have been punished for what they did not do and have absolutely no control over. He used the most punitive measure from the beginning of his reign and they have nothing to lose now they cannot go to work, to school, to work out they are relegated to their cell 23 hours a day with cold sandwiches for lunch and dinner. No visits, no calls no emails....nothing but to write a letter and the mailroom is inundated with too much mail coming and going. Due to relentless lockdowns for the last three months there was a small race riot and when they are finally let out again we can expect more of the same and more lockdowns for the foreseeable future.If you want to take action join our group and private message me or if you want to wait it out and see what happens .....well we have already see a precursor of what is to come.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:36 PM

Default fci victorville 2

anyone know whats goin on...
Old 06-01-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I always put in letters, emails, and calls about how proud I am that he is keeping his cool and focusing on the future that this is just temporary but will he remember this in the heat of the moment?? I hope so!!
I hope so to becuz if they continued to fight each other what we are trying to established isn't goiong to work becuz all the warden have to say is they keep having riots they would b giving him a accuse to use but if they come off locc down an just chill everything we're trying to do will work becuz the warden want b able to use the riot for a accuse he would have to explain why his been loccing them down for no reason an why he's not giving them the medical attention that they need our guys have to work with us
Old 06-02-2016, 11:42 AM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysb View Post
I hope so to becuz if they continued to fight each other what we are trying to established isn't goiong to work becuz all the warden have to say is they keep having riots they would b giving him a accuse to use but if they come off locc down an just chill everything we're trying to do will work becuz the warden want b able to use the riot for a accuse he would have to explain why his been loccing them down for no reason an why he's not giving them the medical attention that they need our guys have to work with us
The whole point is that continually locking them all down for the actions of a few is creating a more unstable environment. The men, being deprived of access to exercise, use the phone and email and go to the store to supplement the extremely inadequate and often unidentifiable food they are given, is creating undue stress.

The warden does not control the medical needs of the men. It is the well documented and published extreme medical inadequacies BOP wide that is not being fixed. If, during lockdown, an inmate was in need of medical attention it is the policy for those to be addressed. (however, it is also arbitrarily communicated from the prisoner by staff to the medical units).

Because these threads could be monitored by government agencies without our knowledge... it is important that anything we post here is well written and accurate. Hearsay is not always reliable.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
The whole point is that continually locking them all down for the actions of a few is creating a more unstable environment. The men, being deprived of access to exercise, use the phone and email and go to the store to supplement the extremely inadequate and often unidentifiable food they are given, is creating undue stress.

The warden does not control the medical needs of the men. It is the well documented and published extreme medical inadequacies BOP wide that is not being fixed. If, during lockdown, an inmate was in need of medical attention it is the policy for those to be addressed. (however, it is also arbitrarily communicated from the prisoner by staff to the medical units).

Because these threads could be monitored by government agencies without our knowledge... it is important that anything we post here is well written and accurate. Hearsay is not always reliable.
Your not saying anything i don't know already believe me i been dealing with this prison stuff my whole life dam near all my family members been bacc an forth to prison an feds I'm saying hopefully they keep it cool an don't riot that would help out a lot don't give the warden an excuse to use
Old 06-03-2016, 09:10 AM

Sorry but this warden or is it the captain will use any excuse to lockdown the prison....remember a few months ago when one man would not leave the yard and he locked down the whole prison? How in the world is he gonna control all 1300 plus men much less one man who decides it is not time to go inside? Lockdown is the new norm....and there will be consequences that come with this philosophy as we have already seen two weeks ago.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:47 AM

My friend wrote to me... He described what happened... he said there was a death...and based on his description there are probably injuries too... It was a melee... He thinks they could be LD for a couple months
fbopnomore (06-05-2016), Ladydae (06-05-2016)
Old 06-05-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnybrazell View Post
My friend wrote to me... He described what happened... he said there was a death...and based on his description there are probably injuries too... It was a melee... He thinks they could be LD for a couple months

was that in the usp? or the fci?