Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:31 PM

The usp
Old 06-05-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnybrazell View Post
The usp
How can they keep this from not getting in the news? Has anyones loved ones been hurt? Or does nobody know anything on this side of the wall except hopefully the victim's family? This is complete insanity!
Old 06-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl75 View Post
How can they keep this from not getting in the news? Has anyones loved ones been hurt? Or does nobody know anything on this side of the wall except hopefully the victim's family? This is complete insanity!
I've searched for the last hour trying to find something but nothing has come up. Every time there has been a death there it has been reported, lots of news articles pop up and the FBI does come to investigate if there is a death in a federal prison. So hopefully he just got the wrong information because if it is true it's going to be a very long lockdown.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_lynn View Post
I've searched for the last hour trying to find something but nothing has come up. Every time there has been a death there it has been reported, lots of news articles pop up and the FBI does come to investigate if there is a death in a federal prison. So hopefully he just got the wrong information because if it is true it's going to be a very long lockdown.
Yes strange it is not found anywhere but you know these last three and a half months have been anything but normal. Transparency is not in the least bit associated with this institution not to mention the BOP. So happy my group is gonna shine some light into that dark, miserable, and very very dangerous place!
Old 06-05-2016, 10:41 PM

I did find this information, even though it did not happen at the USP it is more than likely going to affect them because of the seriousness.

Press Release June 3, 2016
Officers were slashed with an improvised weapon by inmate convicted of supporting terrorism
VICTORVILLE, CA - Three correctional workers at FCC Victorville in Victorville, CA were seriously assaulted by an inmate this week. All three were sent to local hospitals for treatment. The American Federation of Government Employees' (AFGE) Council of Prison Locals (CPL) is renewing its call for staff to utilize the protective equipment, including stab-proof vests, at all federal prison facilities.

"Correctional officers work day in and day out in our nation's prisons so that their communities may know peace," said Eric Young, President of AFGE's Council of Prison Locals. "These stabbings are a gruesome reminder to the public of the clear and present danger our correctional workers face on the clock. I thank God that all three are doing well, and I hope that both labor and management can rally together and provide our officers with the additional resources they need to stop this type of violence in our facilities."

The three officers injured – a Warden, a Captain, and a Special Investigative Supervisor Lieutenant – were assaulted by an inmate with an improvised weapon. The Warden suffered the most extensive injuries, receiving more than 80 staples on his torso. All three officers received treatment at local hospitals and are recovering. The inmate, who was recently convicted of providing material support to terrorists, was separated from other inmates for safety reasons and will be moved to a higher security prison.

Young said these stabbings are a reminder to the public of the dangerous work that correctional professionals take on every day. The CPL has worked closely with BOP to improve safety measures inside of federal prisons following the deaths of correctional officers Jose Rivera and Eric Williams. Both officers were unarmed and working without vests when they were murdered with improvised weapons by the inmates they supervised.

"In the last year, the CPL has worked diligently with the BOP to require all correctional workers working in high security prisons to wear these stab-proof vests, and to provide the option for all correctional workers in lower security prisons to request vests, if they desire," Young says. "With more safety measures like this in place, we hope that we can prevent these assaults from happening in the future."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
801Melody (06-06-2016), fbopnomore (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 01:47 PM

Where did you find this!?

Quote:
I did find this information, even though it did not happen at the USP it is more than likely going to affect them because of the seriousness.

Press Release June 3, 2016
Officers were slashed with an improvised weapon by inmate convicted of supporting terrorism
VICTORVILLE, CA - Three correctional workers at FCC Victorville in Victorville, CA were seriously assaulted by an inmate this week. All three were sent to local hospitals for treatment. The American Federation of Government Employees' (AFGE) Council of Prison Locals (CPL) is renewing its call for staff to utilize the protective equipment, including stab-proof vests, at all federal prison facilities.

"Correctional officers work day in and day out in our nation's prisons so that their communities may know peace," said Eric Young, President of AFGE's Council of Prison Locals. "These stabbings are a gruesome reminder to the public of the clear and present danger our correctional workers face on the clock. I thank God that all three are doing well, and I hope that both labor and management can rally together and provide our officers with the additional resources they need to stop this type of violence in our facilities."

The three officers injured – a Warden, a Captain, and a Special Investigative Supervisor Lieutenant – were assaulted by an inmate with an improvised weapon. The Warden suffered the most extensive injuries, receiving more than 80 staples on his torso. All three officers received treatment at local hospitals and are recovering. The inmate, who was recently convicted of providing material support to terrorists, was separated from other inmates for safety reasons and will be moved to a higher security prison.

Young said these stabbings are a reminder to the public of the dangerous work that correctional professionals take on every day. The CPL has worked closely with BOP to improve safety measures inside of federal prisons following the deaths of correctional officers Jose Rivera and Eric Williams. Both officers were unarmed and working without vests when they were murdered with improvised weapons by the inmates they supervised.

"In the last year, the CPL has worked diligently with the BOP to require all correctional workers working in high security prisons to wear these stab-proof vests, and to provide the option for all correctional workers in lower security prisons to request vests, if they desire," Young says. "With more safety measures like this in place, we hope that we can prevent these assaults from happening in the future."
Old 06-06-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
Where did you find this!?
I found the link! Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to 801Melody For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 01:54 PM

The link shows it was in FCC; not USP. It's posted in another forum. I can't attach the link on here, but if you want to know I'll send it through private message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl75 View Post
Old 06-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,157 Times in 11,765 Posts

I'm not sure where the stabbings took place, FCC is the entire prison complex, the two FCI Medium security prisons, the USP and the minimum security camp. Because of the seriousness of what happened, my guess is that any bop prison would impose similar punishments.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I'm not sure where the stabbings took place, FCC is the entire prison complex, the two FCI Medium security prisons, the USP and the minimum security camp. Because of the seriousness of what happened, my guess is that any bop prison would impose similar punishments.
It was at the medium.
The Following User Says Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-07-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 04:39 PM

Is anybody else having problems with the mail being unusually slow? Usually I get his letters within 2 days...3 at the most and the last letter I received was last Wednesday and it was written on Sunday.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Is anybody else having problems with the mail being unusually slow? Usually I get his letters within 2 days...3 at the most and the last letter I received was last Wednesday and it was written on Sunday.
Some people have not received mail for more than 2 weeks...I just got one yesterday so almost 2 weeks. He has not received letters I am sending him. Last year an inspection team CIC came to USP and conducted interviews with 35 prisoners from DC and the Team sent 35 legal documents to the prisoners before the audit and guess what??? 25 were sent back to the CIC stating no such prisoners at USP only ten received the legal paperwork which told them about the inspection and that they were going to have private interviews with CIC......So if this is happening with an agency that is conducting a review of the well being of 35 prisoners what is gonna happen/is happening to our mail. This is our ONLY way of communication...and lockdown probably will not end for atleast 2 more months because of the seriousness of the incidents at USP and Medium 11. People gotta stand up and make your voice heard cause it is deafening with all this silence.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:28 PM

That's krazy I haven't received mail at all usually I would have received something by now but this time around I got nothing it's just a sad situation!
Old 06-07-2016, 09:11 PM

The medium incident was reported because when guards get injured they make it public... When it's only inmates they don't... The usp had a very very very bad melee.....I got a letter from my friend last week describing it... It was really bad
fbopnomore (06-08-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 10:59 PM

Quote:
It was at the medium.
At the mainline lunch area.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:50 AM

I ended up getting a letter today...of course right after I make a post LOL. He said he received my letter Friday and I sent it out on the 27th but I received his within 2 days, which is normal. I've heard from him 2-3 times a week since the lockdown, so when I didn't hear anything I end up freaking out for no reason. I wonder why some people are not receiving mail, I find that very strange.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j_lynn For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (06-09-2016), Ladydae (06-10-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 04:03 PM

Still haven't received mail from my husband since May 23rd. He sent it on May 20th. I've sent letters, cards, and photos since May 17th and nothing returned back, but I still haven't gotten anything from him for almost a month! :'(
Old 06-14-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801Melody View Post
Still haven't received mail from my husband since May 23rd. He sent it on May 20th. I've sent letters, cards, and photos since May 17th and nothing returned back, but I still haven't gotten anything from him for almost a month! :'(
Same Here! Still Nothin! It's about to be a month!
Old 06-15-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayy.87 View Post
Same Here! Still Nothin! It's about to be a month!
Does he have money on his books to buy stamps...they can buy stamps, letters,batteries. Someone comes around and you can fill out what you want from these choices. Then they bring them to you whenever they feel like it. Just like taking showers...took 4 days til my man was able to take one....again whenever they feel like it....they have SO much to do there right now. One very remote possibility is he could be in the SHU...if he was not part of the riot then it is possible some are revolting due to the very long lockdown....with no end in sight. Or a very REAL possibility is that the mailroom is a complete disaster because I am sure there are not enough staff to handle all the mail...again they have SO much to do right now. You could call his counselor and maybe just maybe he could return or answer your call about the welfare of your man...but as we all know they have SO much to do. I have received letters but it took about two weeks after this current lockdown to receive them....just got one yesterday and they are STARVING...he described his lunch as one small patty and bun, one VERY small bag of potato chips and half a pickle...dinner was two boiled eggs, slice of bread, piece of lettuce and a drop of salad dressing. Does that sound like it is enough for grown men??? More like someone on a very low caloric diet...any other men talking about these issues in your letters if you are getting any?? Any of your men losing hope or despairing ....suicide is a real possibility as this drags on....I try to encourage my man with my letters...but I hear the despair in his words...said starving about 5 times in this letter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
801Melody (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 01:52 PM

They feed them minimum legal portions during a lockdown so they have less energy. It's on purpose to try to keep them quiet during the lockdown and low energy when they come off it. My husband did 4 years of his last sentence in pelican bay with meals like that and workout was politically mandatory. He was skin, bones and muscles when he came home. So this is nothing new unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bearsie For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsie View Post
They feed them minimum legal portions during a lockdown so they have less energy. It's on purpose to try to keep them quiet during the lockdown and low energy when they come off it. My husband did 4 years of his last sentence in pelican bay with meals like that and workout was politically mandatory. He was skin, bones and muscles when he came home. So this is nothing new unfortunately.
Wow this is so surreal...they are locked away in cages for 24 hours a day, with little food, barely a shower a week, no medical care, and no end in sight for this lockdown. This is being done to men that had NOTHING to do with the riot...all of those men are in the shu ready to be shipped out. And Medium 2 is locked down with no end in sight for one terrorist inmate that stabbed the Captain, Warden, and Supervisor..again the men in Medium 2 did nothing to warrant this....the lone wolf has been shipped far away to Super Max. Word is the Warden and Captain of USP and Medium are scared to death to end lockdown....according to what was told to my man from a few CO's. Endless lockdown for people that have done nothing wrong....just like all the other 5 lockdowns.....when does all the craziness end?? And to top it off the only form of communication {mail} is malfunctioning......
Old 06-15-2016, 06:38 PM

MY husband at FCI II called today for about two minutes. They were only out a short time he said. He said tomorrow they are saying they will be out for a few hours. They have been receiving hot meals (probably women inmates working the kitchens). I hope this helps you all... hopefully you will alll hear from your men!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julzb For This Useful Post:
Caligirl75 (06-15-2016), fbopnomore (06-16-2016), sueshe (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 06:54 PM
sueshe
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzb View Post
MY husband at FCI II called today for about two minutes. They were only out a short time he said. He said tomorrow they are saying they will be out for a few hours. They have been receiving hot meals (probably women inmates working the kitchens). I hope this helps you all... hopefully you will alll hear from your men!
would be nice to see some life emerge from USP
Old 06-15-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzb View Post
Happy News for FCI 11....so happy for all of you!! Hopefully USP follows soon very soon !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl75 For This Useful Post:
Ladydae (06-19-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 04:55 PM

This is a sad ass situation I told my love not to go to Victor ville I knew that was a fucc up place to b im feeling so much anger right now >; •{