Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 02-12-2020, 05:50 PM

Smile Family visits questions for Lancaster & Donovan California

What do the family visits look like these days? 2020
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2020, 07:55 PM

Smile Family visits questions for Lancaster & Donovan California

Newly married. Excited to start the family visiting process. I want to know anything and everything about them! What exactly does the process look like? How long after you applied for family visits did you get your first one? How do we make appts. For them? What can I/ can't I bring and what can I expect?! Thanksssssssss
Old 02-12-2020, 10:44 PM

It depends on the prison..
Old 02-13-2020, 05:42 PM
❤️784❤️

This is for Corcoran, but I imagine it would be the same for all other places. Taken from a Facebook group I'm in.

To process in: must be wearing visit approved clothing, bring marriage license and ID plus cash for food. Visit approved clothing: no plain white tshirts, no blue or any kind, no black and white Converse shoes, no flip flops, no tight fitted clothing, no metal or any kind even in bra. No olive green or tan.

Allowed items:
- towels*
- sheets (1 full size, 2 twin) *
- blanket (single layer only)*
-washcloths
clothing for visit including PJs, socks underwear, whatever *
-bath mat*
-eating utensils*
-paper plates
-napkins
-dish soap*
-new sponge*
-hand towel*
-dish towel*
-*toiletries in clear containers only : toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, face wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, personal lube, up to 10 condoms, birth control method, makeup I believe up to 5 items no glass! Pads/tampons
-medication with doctors note only
-slippers or shower shoes to wear inside unit on dirty floor
- ligere
-formula, diapers, and wipes for babies (bring birth certificate) clothing and toys also allowed
-coloring book & crayons or colored pencils
*= highly suggested

Not allowed:
electronics
Hair straightener or dryer
Hair Curlers
Pillows
Drugs
Lighters
Perfume sprays
Cell phone
Food other than food package
Hats
Sunglasses
Glass containers
Metal
Plastic totes bins
Extra shoes
White tshirts
Clothes for husband
Toys with batteries

Order Walkenhorsts package to arrive no sooner than 30 days before date but no later than 2 weeks before date. Order fresh foods (butter, bread, eggs) from order form in FV paperwork packet from husband and sent it back, bring money the day of. Bring money for vending machines also. Show up between 8 and 9 to get in as early as you can but sometimes you dont process through until 10 or 11 but you will want to be there early as you can
Everyhting must be packed in clear bags ONLY and be able to fit on the rolling cart. The prison will provide pots/pans/cooking utensils, paper towels, toilet paper and cleaning spray

You can wear whatever you want inside the until but anytime you go out of the unit you must be fully dressed up to visit code. So does your husband. Do not answer the phone, only he can. He must present at gate fully dressed for each count, which are at 9 pm, 12 am, 2:30 am and 4:30 am but not always on time. Good luck!
Inside unit: 3 beds, kitchen with oven/stove, fridge and sink, bathroom with toilet, sink, shower/bath, living room with couch and TV, clock radio is your lucky and outside area. Very quiet and secluded and not at all like.prison. Toys for kids/babies available, as well as high chair and pack n play. DVD movies and XBOX games available

Old 02-14-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliz View Post
It depends on the prison..
I asked for Lancaster & Donovan
Old 02-14-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnieLove56 View Post
This is for Corcoran, but I imagine it would be the same for all other places. Taken from a Facebook group I'm in.

To process in: must be wearing visit approved clothing, bring marriage license and ID plus cash for food. Visit approved clothing: no plain white tshirts, no blue or any kind, no black and white Converse shoes, no flip flops, no tight fitted clothing, no metal or any kind even in bra. No olive green or tan.

Allowed items:
- towels*
- sheets (1 full size, 2 twin) *
- blanket (single layer only)*
-washcloths
clothing for visit including PJs, socks underwear, whatever *
-bath mat*
-eating utensils*
-paper plates
-napkins
-dish soap*
-new sponge*
-hand towel*
-dish towel*
-*toiletries in clear containers only : toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, face wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, personal lube, up to 10 condoms, birth control method, makeup I believe up to 5 items no glass! Pads/tampons
-medication with doctors note only
-slippers or shower shoes to wear inside unit on dirty floor
- ligere
-formula, diapers, and wipes for babies (bring birth certificate) clothing and toys also allowed
-coloring book & crayons or colored pencils
*= highly suggested

Not allowed:
electronics
Hair straightener or dryer
Hair Curlers
Pillows
Drugs
Lighters
Perfume sprays
Cell phone
Food other than food package
Hats
Sunglasses
Glass containers
Metal
Plastic totes bins
Extra shoes
White tshirts
Clothes for husband
Toys with batteries

Order Walkenhorsts package to arrive no sooner than 30 days before date but no later than 2 weeks before date. Order fresh foods (butter, bread, eggs) from order form in FV paperwork packet from husband and sent it back, bring money the day of. Bring money for vending machines also. Show up between 8 and 9 to get in as early as you can but sometimes you dont process through until 10 or 11 but you will want to be there early as you can
Everyhting must be packed in clear bags ONLY and be able to fit on the rolling cart. The prison will provide pots/pans/cooking utensils, paper towels, toilet paper and cleaning spray

You can wear whatever you want inside the until but anytime you go out of the unit you must be fully dressed up to visit code. So does your husband. Do not answer the phone, only he can. He must present at gate fully dressed for each count, which are at 9 pm, 12 am, 2:30 am and 4:30 am but not always on time. Good luck!
Inside unit: 3 beds, kitchen with oven/stove, fridge and sink, bathroom with toilet, sink, shower/bath, living room with couch and TV, clock radio is your lucky and outside area. Very quiet and secluded and not at all like.prison. Toys for kids/babies available, as well as high chair and pack n play. DVD movies and XBOX games available
Thanks! Even though every prison is different I think this gives me at least an idea of how it will be