Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison Talk & UCMJ
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Military Prison Talk & UCMJ This forum is dedicated to those who have a loved one in a military prison, or dealing with the military legal system (UCMJ).

Old 10-19-2006, 06:45 AM

Default Abuse at Fort Lewis RCF

I have a son at the RCF at Fort Lewis. First, let me explain that I have been where most of the people on this site is today, but I have been doing this for about 12 years.

We have endured Fort Leavenworth until a transfer to Fort Lewis in 2000. Then we endured military parole for 14 months and then a revocation hearing and back to Fort Lewis.

I am very concerned about what I am hearing about the out of control facilities. Men sitting in plastic chairs for 13 hours. Windows broken out, a filthy building, no blankets. I have an attorney that wants to come forward with a group of other attorneys in the area to complain about the lack of legal assistance and lengthy holding of attorney's when they are trying to see client's.

We just heard of a beating that took place that was in front of the guard command post and in plain view of camera's. This has got to stop.

Please, let me know if others have complained to loved ones about thier safety at Fort Lewis.

God Bless,

trlutz
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2006, 05:12 AM
Donation Award 

I have a son there and he has not said anything about abuse, we were there in April and didn't see any thing but then we wouldn't have where we were allowed to be. Who have you heard from that has seen or heard about this happening? I do know that the inmates are not allowed to get to see their attorney's on a timely manner or get things done like Appeals filled or talking to counselors on time, they have to drop a 5-10 and some times they get "losted" and then they have to drop another and another before something gets done.

My son came home on December 7, 2007<A
Old 10-20-2006, 05:40 AM

Default Good Luck!

I have heard of things going on behind the walls of the millitary brigs and no one every hears a word. The media is not interested in our own citizens and only seems to look into the mistreatment of forign prisoners and animals. I guess we know how we rate as american citizens and millitary members at that!

Old 01-07-2007, 04:04 PM

I was up there in October and everything seemed fine. Of course, anything can seem fine on the surface with the little that we get to see. My husband talks to me nearly nightly and the main complaint he has is that his clemency is still not turned in (WAYYYYY past due now) and that he doesn't get to contact finance or his lawyer very easily at all. Usually takes at LEAST 3 weeks to see his lawyer and 2 to see finance. His pay still hasn't been fixed, either, so this really puts a strain on us here at home. That's all I know. He goes before the parole board sometime this month. I needed some info on that....anyone??? Thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 06:44 AM

I was there from Feb-2006 through Apr-2007,

I dont believe there were any beatings while I was there, however, there was alot of other stuff going on.
Most of the staff there treated the inmates pretty well and there were some that did everything possible to make you miserable.
The first problem I had is when I had two wizdom teeth pulled right before a 4 day weekend for the guards. Somehow the guard that had my pain medication "lost" it somewhere and the dispensory was fresh out of any other pain medication.
Interestingley enough, the very next week, 7 or 8 guards came up hot on a urinalasys for narcotics and other drugs.

The other problem I had was with a female E-5 there. She was incharge of paperwork for inmates and release paperwork. Somehow, on my release paperwork, she thought MO was the abbreviation for Montana instead of Missouri and my bus ticket had me going to Montana. She also processed inmates leave paperwork. We had the option to seel our leave or take leave. I opted to sell my 30 days of leave and still have not recieved anything on it and its been over a year since my release.
Its funny how if the guards dont like you they have a great ability to "lose" your paperwork somehow.
This E-5 had also been impregnated by an inmate that was serving time there.

For the most part, I never had any real problems with other inmates there. My first night in general population I was clobbered with socks but I wasnt injured and all the guys that didnt it were talking with me the next day.
Its not really a dangerous place to be unless you go there with an attitude.

It did find it hard sometimes to contact some staff members though. When you drop a 5-10 to see one, the guards like to lose them all the time or sit on them for weeks and weeks even though the form states that the staff has a minimum number of days to respond.

I met a lot of really nice people there and wouldnt mind keeping in contact with a few. If anyone here had a relative or if you were there when I was, I would be happy to communicate.

If anyone else has any questions about the Fort Lewis RCF, please send me a message and I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

Josh R.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 PM

Default More on Fort Lewis

First of all I'm glad you are not there anymore Josh R. Thanks for your post. I know you only want to see FT Lewis in your rear view mirror but at least you are taking the time to let others unfamiliar with military confinement get an insight. From 2006 to early 2007 I had a relative confined there..(8 months or so).

He's doing pretty good...he's got a full time job and it pays the bills.

Hope you are doing well.........
Old 06-28-2008, 02:45 PM

I might know him then...lol, I was there from Mar-2006 till May-2007

It would be nice to contact some of the people that I knew there.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:34 PM

Default I was there from April 07 to sec 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshR35 View Post
I was there from Feb-2006 through Apr-2007,

I dont believe there were any beatings while I was there, however, there was alot of other stuff going on.
Most of the staff there treated the inmates pretty well and there were some that did everything possible to make you miserable.
The first problem I had is when I had two wizdom teeth pulled right before a 4 day weekend for the guards. Somehow the guard that had my pain medication "lost" it somewhere and the dispensory was fresh out of any other pain medication.
Interestingley enough, the very next week, 7 or 8 guards came up hot on a urinalasys for narcotics and other drugs.

The other problem I had was with a female E-5 there. She was incharge of paperwork for inmates and release paperwork. Somehow, on my release paperwork, she thought MO was the abbreviation for Montana instead of Missouri and my bus ticket had me going to Montana. She also processed inmates leave paperwork. We had the option to seel our leave or take leave. I opted to sell my 30 days of leave and still have not recieved anything on it and its been over a year since my release.
Its funny how if the guards dont like you they have a great ability to "lose" your paperwork somehow.
This E-5 had also been impregnated by an inmate that was serving time there.

For the most part, I never had any real problems with other inmates there. My first night in general population I was clobbered with socks but I wasnt injured and all the guys that didnt it were talking with me the next day.
Its not really a dangerous place to be unless you go there with an attitude.

It did find it hard sometimes to contact some staff members though. When you drop a 5-10 to see one, the guards like to lose them all the time or sit on them for weeks and weeks even though the form states that the staff has a minimum number of days to respond.

I met a lot of really nice people there and wouldnt mind keeping in contact with a few. If anyone here had a relative or if you were there when I was, I would be happy to communicate.

If anyone else has any questions about the Fort Lewis RCF, please send me a message and I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

Josh R.
I wonder if you was still there when I got in? I didn't see no abuse either but heard of stories of sex rings, between female guards and inmates and knew certain proteome could get things from some guards as well as gang activity was low key