Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Domestic Violence
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Domestic Violence News and information relating to domestic violence in general. Please post here if you don't see a sub-forums that fits better.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:33 AM

Default My Story and Situation

I DIDN'T CALL THE COPS OR REPORT DV... MY MOM CALLED THE POLUCE TO KEEP THE PEACE "SHES EXTRA ASF) I CHARGED HIM UP BEHIND CHEATING ALLEGATIONS AND I TRIED TO FIGHT HIM AND HE GRABBED ME BUT I JUST HAD A 2IN SCRATCH ON MY NECK BUT HE RESTRAINED ME LIKE ANY MAN WOULD IN SELF DEFENSE.. BUT I DIDN'T TELL THEM and YES I SHOWED THE SCARTCH TO THE POLICE OFFICER AND SAID HE HAD CHOKED ME HE WASN'T BEATING ME LIKE IKE TURNER LOL BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT LITTLE ASS SCRATCH WOULD BE CAUSE FOR CHARGES BEING FILED.. AFTER THEY ARRESTED HIM.. THE STATE OF TX CHARGED HIM WITH FAMILY VIOLENCE PLUS INDICT HIM AS A HABITUAL.. AND OFFER HIM 25YRS SO I GOT HIM A LAWYER AND WROTE TO THE D.A AND THE JUDGE.. TO LET THEM KNOW DESPITE HIS CRIMINAL HISTORY WHICH INCLUDES (BURGLARY OF HABITATION AND FELONY POSSESSION IF A FIREARMS) HE WAS NOT ABUSIVE TO ME... I MEAN THEY DIDN'T DROP THE CHARGES (I NEVER FILED TO BEGIN WITH) BUT OFFERED HIM 5YRS INSTEAD IF 25YRS.. HE MISSED THE BIRTH IF OUR DAUGHTER 8/2016.. BUT WE STILL WENT TO VISIT HIM TWICE A WK TIL HE PULLED CHAIN IN 12/2016.. HE CAME UP FOR HIS FIRST PAROLE 1/2017 AND WAS DENIED CUS THEY DIDNT BELIEVE HE WAS REHABILITATED AND FELT LIKE HE WAS A THREAT TO SOCIETY SO THEY PUT IT OFF FOR A YEAR... EVEN THOUGH THEY CONSIDER ME "VICTIM" WHICH I AM NOT.. I WROTE TO THE PAROLE BOARD 5 TIMES IN A 12MON PERIOD TO CONVINCE THEM THAT DESPITE HIS BACKGROUND HE WAS A EXCELLENT MAN AND FATHER... WE EVEN GOT MARRIED ON 03/15/2017 WHILE HE WAS IN PRISON... HE STARTED HIS 2ND REVIEW PROCESS IN 09/2017 AND WAS
Approved on 11/06/2017
FI-3R (01/2018)- Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program, such as Changes/Lifeskills, and release to parole on or after completion and not earlier than three months from the specified date..

HE STARTED THE "CHANGES" CLASS 12/2017 AND AS OF TODAY HE HAS 104 HRS OUT OF 180... THE THING IS HIS PO DID A HOME VISIT AND APPROVED MY HOME FOR HIS PAROLE BUT THE PB IN AUSTIN DENIED IT SINCE IM ON HIS CASE... SO WE ARE TRYING TO FIND PLACES IN SAN ANTONIO, TX THAT HE CAN PAROLE TO AND BE CLOSE TO US... Need options..

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2018, 12:21 PM

Thanked 5,289 Times in 2,783 Posts

Ok take this one step at a time he is in prison for family violence, wants to come home right? Well the good part is this is workable call a domestic violence center get an advocate to find up what you and he can do to make this happen! A halfway house is doable right? You want somehow to get him home then you and he might have to go to therapy to get this done. Good luck!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
ilovepercy16 (02-12-2018), nimuay (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,253 Times in 10,591 Posts

Look, you've asked the question every way you can think of, and even if anyone had a way around the problem, it wouldn't be legal, and we don't truck with promoting illegal activities on this forum. You will have to wait and see what conditions the Parole Board will place on him and go from there.

I can only urge you to stay legal, because the hornet's nest you're about to bust open if you don't will be a sorrier state by far than you're in now.
AndyS (02-12-2018), Minor activist (02-12-2018), xolady (03-14-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 05:52 PM

Thumbs up

Okey Dokey

The Following User Says Thank You to ilovepercy16 For This Useful Post:
joybubby (05-23-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 11:09 PM

Good luck my dear, hoping you find something suitable for you guys!