Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:02 PM

Default Lewis Visit Application Approval Time

my husband just got to lewis I did my application today does it really take 30-60 days for approval that's so far away =(
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2018, 01:04 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,448 Times in 1,531 Posts

Hi there and welcome to Prison Talk! Lewis is by far the slowest for application approval and it often takes more than 60 days. With integration happening very soon expect things to be even slower. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope yours is processed quickly! My soon to be ex husband is at Stiner but we were approved before he got there. If you have any questions please don't hesitate.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 7,992 Times in 3,474 Posts

It took me over 90 days to just get approved for phone calls at Lewis so expect to have a wait.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 02:01 PM

omg that sucks big time =( I was hoping to see my husband soon so he can meet our daughter ... maybe if I call and bug them that will help them move alittle faster
Old 02-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

If you call and bug them it will definitely not move any faster and it may have negative affects for your husband. Generally calling and bugging or complaining creates problems much larger than the original. Now if it was medical emergency or something like that it's different. But if you call for minor things they will quickly label your husband a problem and you don't want that.

I DO understand the desire to take children to visit Daddy. Our daughter was 9 months old when he was arrested and it was nearly a year before he got to touch her again...but hang in there and you will soon be there with him and so will your daughter.

You have to submit an application for her as well, just in case you weren't aware. Make sure you have a certified copy of her birth certificate ready for when you are approved as you will have to take it to the first visit.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:13 PM

okay I will hold off on calling them I know hes anxious since he missed her birth and has never held or seen her in person but its the system so if we have to wait I guess we have to wait I definitely don't want any problems for him
The Following User Says Thank You to byrdlady545 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I bet you are both very anxious! Unfortunately much of prison is "hurry up and wait".
Old 02-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 7,992 Times in 3,474 Posts

I would also strongly advise against bugging them , it may have the opposite effect.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post: