Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Hi. I know the general prison rules about dresscode... but I also have learned that some prisons are more lenient then some. Some allow sweat pants, some don't.... is SQ really strict, about the fitting clothing.. is it a long walk to wear heels? Are sweat pants allowed? Thank you in advance...
Old 11-04-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz*DlOc View Post
Hi. I know the general prison rules about dresscode... but I also have learned that some prisons are more lenient then some. Some allow sweat pants, some don't.... is SQ really strict, about the fitting clothing.. is it a long walk to wear heels? Are sweat pants allowed? Thank you in advance...
Hi, yes they r very strict. It is a long walk I wouldn't recommend heels. Anything right they will make u change. U can def wear sweats
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lila1313 For This Useful Post:
Mz*DlOc (11-05-2017), sidewalker (11-04-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 04:15 PM

Default San Quentin Dress Code

Hi. Currently their dress code has been fairly lenient. We cannot wear blue jeans at all, if they are a different color (white, black, red) we can but if they are blue you will not be let in period. Women can wear tank tops as long as no part of your bra straps show. We can wear sandals and flip flops as long as they do not resemble the "shower shoes" the inmates wear. Everything else is standard, no orange, no chambray blue tops, no tan and no fatigue pattern unless you are active military and can prove it and no fatigue color green. Also recently the warden stated he no longer wants leggings to be allowed worn no matter what so no leggings but you can wear sweat pants that are fitted. All in all SQ is pretty lenient on clothing and if there is a problem they also have a family resource center on grounds where you can borrow clothing to be admitted in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz*DlOc View Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:58 PM

If anyone was looking for appointments for this weekend & next weekend I just canceled my appointments for sat/sun for 8:30 for the 9th, 10th, 16th & 17th
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole_gp For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (01-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2017, 03:01 PM

Good looking out!!! Thank you I needed an appointment for Saturday
Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenismith View Post
Good looking out!!! Thank you I needed an appointment for Saturday
You're welcome !! Glad I posted it on here
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicole_gp For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (01-07-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:42 PM

Cool SQ

Hey ladies would anybody happen to have the extension# for records I've been calling for the past 3 days to find out my husband's housing info to send him a writing package and no luck. 😡 I've called at different times and it just rings and rings and then just says it's not able i press 1,2,4. Please help. He just got there so I'm clueless about how this prison works but already not liking it because no one answers. Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to ❤HisNala❤ For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (02-14-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 04:28 PM

Thanked 1,013 Times in 476 Posts

Can someone explain to me where the information is regarding non-contact visits? Never have done it before, can't reach anyone there. My questions are:

1) Do I need an appointment? How do I make one?
2) Without an appointment, can I arrive as a drop-in? If so, what time?

If there is an actual site that discusses visiting a person in Ad-Seg, please let me know.

Thank you!
Old 02-14-2018, 11:24 AM

I hope you got ahold of him. I've been posting questions on this site also, with no response. Yesterday, I tried to obtain information about visits and could only leave messages. I think "Inmate Services" would be the extension to try. Whether someone will answer or not is another question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ❤HisNala❤ View Post
Hey ladies would anybody happen to have the extension# for records I've been calling for the past 3 days to find out my husband's housing info to send him a writing package and no luck. 😡 I've called at different times and it just rings and rings and then just says it's not able i press 1,2,4. Please help. He just got there so I'm clueless about how this prison works but already not liking it because no one answers. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:24 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,021 Times in 13,743 Posts

Things may have changed since I last visited there but for a non contact visit you used to need an appt.
You were to call a week prior to the visit from 8am to 10am.
So if you wanted to visit on a sunday you would call the sunday prior.
There was also the possibility of trying on wed.....for any day that someone booked a visit but cancelled. again from 8am to 10am
Cant tell you how many times I sat and hit redial over and over again.
I dont think you can have a drop in for a non contact visit. I think you need an appt. This may have changed but I dont know.

The only time I ever got thru when trying to get info about what was taking so long with mail, and verifying his mailing address.....I got the RUDEST person on the phone.
Your best bet is to call early in the morning. Dont try around the noon hrs.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 02:12 PM

Thank you! I finally found a visiting phone number. (Seemed like it was a secret and I don't even remember where I found it). It took me a little over an hour to get through to an actual person. First, there is a busy signal and repeated calling, then after you get to the ringing part, there is about another 30 or so minutes. I did find out there were no drop-ins allowed.
The number is 415 455-5023, in case anyone needs it.