Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge Introductions forum for California members and a place to discuss non-prison related topics with other people in the State.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:30 PM

Angry B/f in hospital Thursday night: I haven't heard anything since. I'm upset!/

My boyfriend is at Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside, ca, I found out he was in the hospital Thursday night and haven't heard nothing since, I've been worried and calling and nobody will tell me anything! So I'm assuming they will only tell you anything when an inmate is dead!? That's horrible. I don't know if he's had surgery or what . It's making me upset
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2018, 08:28 PM

I went through thus a few years ago and was told they don't notify you unless they are dead or on hospice. Im sure hell call as soon as hes able to . I hope you hear soon .

Old 01-14-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cljinct View Post
I went through thus a few years ago and was told they don't notify you unless they are dead or on hospice. Im sure hell call as soon as hes able to . I hope you hear soon .
Thank you for responding. I hope to hear from him soon, it's upsetting how the system works, he's alone and who knows if there's shady stuff or what medical treatment they are giving him. It's scary
Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,560 Times in 13,957 Posts

From how I understand it, if they are in an outside hospital.....they cant get mail, or phone calls, or visits.
Im sure he will call when he's able to, and I hope its sooner rather than later.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (01-15-2018), Sarianna (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 10:22 AM

Thanked 1,032 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornfree2001 View Post
Thank you for responding. I hope to hear from him soon, it's upsetting how the system works, he's alone and who knows if there's shady stuff or what medical treatment they are giving him. It's scary
He's in county jail, I suspect medical issues are handled similar to state prison.

Inmates get sent to hospital for many reasons. Prison infirmaries have limitations. If, for example, an inmate gets a high fever or maybe has something potential infections that threatens other inmates they send them out. He is going to get just as good treatment at the hospital as any hospital patient. That is a good thing.

No he can't call and you can't talk to him. There are legitimate security concerns as he is outside of jail now. There will be guards while he is at hospital but that is not the same.

They can't tell you anything while he is out for the same security reasons. You are not family which compounds that. For privacy HIPAA laws restrict them from giving you any information on his health unless he has signed forms that are on file specifically allowing allowing them to release his medical information to you.

When he's feeling well enough they will return him and he will be able to contact you then.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (01-15-2018), missingdee (01-15-2018), Sarianna (01-15-2018), sidewalker (01-16-2018), xolady (01-15-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 11:30 PM

Red face Finally

Thank you for the responses! I finally heard from him last night around midnight. He got back from the hospital and was waiting to get rehoused. He had to get , medication, antibiotics, etc. due to diverticulitis. I was just so worried he needed surgery but he didn't. I understand their rules about privacy. I was just so worried because you hear about all these inmates dying and nobody will ever know what took place before then 😣 But I'm glad he's okay and I finally heard from him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bornfree2001 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (01-17-2018), miamac (01-17-2018), Sarianna (01-17-2018), sidewalker (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 09:27 AM

Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornfree2001 View Post
Thank you for the responses! I finally heard from him last night around midnight. He got back from the hospital and was waiting to get rehoused. He had to get , medication, antibiotics, etc. due to diverticulitis. I was just so worried he needed surgery but he didn't. I understand their rules about privacy. I was just so worried because you hear about all these inmates dying and nobody will ever know what took place before then 😣 But I'm glad he's okay and I finally heard from him.
You need to have him fill out a hippa release and whatever other required paper work so the staff can talk to you. Otherwise you may not be notified or informed of anything.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
AndyS (01-17-2018), gvalliant (01-17-2018), Sarianna (01-17-2018), sidewalker (01-18-2018)