Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arkansas that do not fit into any other Arkansas subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:05 PM

Default Can my husband parole out to me, & can I visit him, I am a felon

My husband is waiting to serve his sentence in Arkansas he is asking me about my history I have two felony once a drug charge that was on 2001 but went to rpf in 08 and one was a misdemeanor battery charge that was expunged to my understanding that was in 2000 wanting to know if I can visit him in ADC wherever he goes and if he can legally parole out to me since we are legally husband and wife

Last edited by Here4mylove; 01-20-2018 at 09:08 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2018, 09:12 PM

ADC will require you to complete a visitor application form that specifically asks if you have been convicted of a felony and all the details about it. BE TRUTHFUL. They will run a criminal history through ACIC and NCIC. They make the call about allowing you to visit. I know of people with felony drug convictions that are allowed to visit and I know those who are denied. So there's no standard answer to that. You can appeal a denial. They have wide discretion in making decisions about who can and can't visit. You will be able to call and write.

As for parole, he can parole to your residence if the parole officer approves it. If he has drug charges that will be an issue with your felony conviction. Legally married is only part of the equation. Parole will do a home visit, get a search waiver signed by everyone int he household and criminal histories of everyone living there. They do however allow parolees to live with felons not on probation or parole and being married will help.
The Following User Says Thank You to AR PCS For This Useful Post:
nimuay (01-23-2018)