Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Legal Help
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Legal Help Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of California. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 03-06-2018, 12:06 PM

Default Attending church while on C status?

Anyone know the rules regarding inmates being allowed to attend church while on C status ? My hubby is currently on c status (assigned to prove ledge group c as a punishment for a 115) and they've now added CTQ for ten days I believe. He's being told he can't even leave his cell to go to church, anyone have any info about this? Don't wanna raise a fuss over it if nothing can be done. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2018, 02:16 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,073 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeupnovember View Post
Anyone know the rules regarding inmates being allowed to attend church while on C status ? My hubby is currently on c status (assigned to prove ledge group c as a punishment for a 115) and they've now added CTQ for ten days I believe. He's being told he can't even leave his cell to go to church, anyone have any info about this? Don't wanna raise a fuss over it if nothing can be done. Thanks guys

During the Ten days of CTQ will only leave his cell for meals and shower program. Only!
CTQ defined in section3000 of the Title 15 Confinement to Quarters (CTQ) means an authorized disciplinary hearing action whereby an inmate is restricted to their assigned quarters for a period not to exceed five days for administrative rule violations and ten days for serious rule violations.
Here is what section 3044 of the Titl15 says about C-status
(f) Privilege Group C:
(1) Criteria, any of the following:
(A) The inmate who twice refuses to accept assigned housing, or who refuses to accept or perform in an assignment, or who is deemed a program failure as defined in section 3000.
(B) A hearing official may temporarily place an inmate into the group as a disposition pursuant to section 3314 or 3315.
(C) A classification committee action pursuant to section 3375 places the inmate into the group. An inmate placed into Privilege Group C by a classification committee action may apply to be removed from that privilege group no earlier than 30 days from the date of placement. Subsequent to the mandatory 30 days placement on Privilege Group C, if the inmate submits a written request for removal, a hearing shall be scheduled within 30 days of receipt of the written request to consider removal from Privilege Group C.
(2) Privileges and non-privileges for Privilege Group C are as follows:
(A) No family visits.
(B) One-fourth the maximum monthly canteen draw as authorized by the secretary.
(C) Telephone calls on an emergency basis only as determined by institution/facility staff.
(D) Yard access limited by local institution/facility security needs. No access to any other recreational or entertainment activities.
(E) No inmate packages. Inmates may receive special purchases, as provided in subsections 3190(j) and (k).
Old 03-06-2018, 05:25 PM

Thank you! The CTQ thing is new to us, I think because he is maxed out on time so they can't take good time they did the CTQ. Do you know if he is able to attend church while on c status? Once the CTQ is over I mean.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:40 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,073 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Thank you! The CTQ thing is new to us, I think because he is maxed out on time so they can't take good time they did the CTQ. Do you know if he is able to attend church while on c status? Once the CTQ is over I mean.
He may be able to attend services on Sunday but he more then likely will not get out for any evening activities . Reason being it depends on who is doing the unlocks on the unit.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
C status is basically loss of privileges so really nothing can be done. My husband was on c status for months couldn't even order him packages

Last edited by MHDT; 03-06-2018 at 08:15 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to MHDT For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (03-07-2018)