Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Arkansas Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM

Default Email Access and MP3 Players

Has anyone heard anything about the Board of Corrections voting whether to give inmates the ability to send and receive emails and have MP3 players?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imunique1
Has anyone heard anything about the Board of Corrections voting whether to give inmates the ability to send and receive emails and have MP3 players?
My husband mentioned this a couple months ago. I hope they can get them. They are way behind on stuff here.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 PM

My fiance mentioned this on Monday. He said that there were some hand-held devices that were coming in that would be going live on November 1, 2013. I tried to get more information from him, but he has been in the system since 1995 and he has no clue what this stuff is since he has never had access to anything more technological than a word processor on a computer back in 2002. So far, Internet searches haven't turned out many results. If anyone has more information, I'd very much appreciate it!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightflashes View Post
My fiance mentioned this on Monday. He said that there were some hand-held devices that were coming in that would be going live on November 1, 2013. I tried to get more information from him, but he has been in the system since 1995 and he has no clue what this stuff is since he has never had access to anything more technological than a word processor on a computer back in 2002. So far, Internet searches haven't turned out many results. If anyone has more information, I'd very much appreciate it!
Google "Jpay, MP4" According to my husband, this is similar to what they will be getting. Or it might be exactly what they're getting. Who knows. lol He read the bulletin to me and I did some research... This is the only thing like it out there for prisoners. Sounds great to me! lol
Old 10-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Donation Award 

Default Anything recent?

Does anyone have more recent information about the possibility of these players being available?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlouisiana
Does anyone have more recent information about the possibility of these players being available?
Just spoke with my husband this morning and they were installing a kiosk in his unit. From what info he has gotten and my research it will be donr throughAccess Corrections... They can purchase an MP3 player to download music, emails, and pictures from these kiosks. If you go here you can read about them: http://www.keefegroup.com/services/mp3-program-125

We aren't positive that this is the company they'll be using, but pretty sure. There are only this and Jpay, but ADC has never used Jpay, so it's more likely that it will be the program offered through Access.
danlouisiana (11-13-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Donation Award 

Default Mp3 and more...

Thanks for the reply. Any idea what all will be incorporated into this? I suppose the inmates will be able to download music, but will they also be able to access and reply to Access Corrections email? I guess we'll no more once it is in place. Having had experience with both companies, I hope ADC is using Access Corrections. At least for email, they are MUCH more reasonable in price.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Any idea what all will be incorporated into this? I suppose the inmates will be able to download music, but will they also be able to access and reply to Access Corrections email? I guess we'll no more once it is in place. Having had experience with both companies, I hope ADC is using Access Corrections. At least for email, they are MUCH more reasonable in price.
Yea I believe they will be able to respond to access emails and save the pictures we send on their MP3 players. Which I am so excited about! Also, they can put in their commissary orders and check their balances. My husband said that they told him they'll start selling the MP3 players within the next few weeks, so when they do and I find out for sure what all they can do, I'll post. =) It's about time ADC gets something like this right?
Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Hey I'm sure you've heard by now, but at my husband's unit they started ordering them. I'm not sure if it's the same at every unit... They'll get them and be able to email starting December 2nd. They're pretty expensive though. I had to pay $130 to get my husband set up for it all. It's worth it to me though.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:11 PM

officeremily, has your husband received his mp3 player yet? At my husband's unit, they paid but they are not telling them how long it will take to receive them
Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imunique1
officeremily, has your husband received his mp3 player yet? At my husband's unit, they paid but they are not telling them how long it will take to receive them
He has gotten his keyboard, but not his MP3 player yet. He had an infirmary charge come off of his account unexpectedly, so they gave his to someone else who ordered and he'll get his hopefully tomorrow. Several other inmates have gotten theirs though and have been using them. I think they came in the end of last week. They had initially told them January 2nd.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:10 AM

How do you order these for your loved one? My husband's hand is broken and we aren't allowed to speak til May, so I have no way of communicating with him. This would help so much. Please let me know how to do this. I've been googling but no luck.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:11 PM

Your husband can order it. Just send him the money. I don't remember how much it all cost but he's going to need the mp4 and a keyboard. To message him, you have to create an account at access corrections.com with your email and buy message credits. Credits start at $5 for 500 credits and go up to $50 for 5000 credits. They also have another message plan where you pay for a certain number of messages. They don't expire just make sure you have enough. With my brother, it cost 40 credits to send 1 message and 50 credits to send 1 picture. Make sure you add him to your recipient list and select share credits so he can message you back. It will send you notifications thru your email when he sends you a message. If you want to buy him music credits so he can download songs to listen to, use access securepak or accesscatalog.com. Create an account, add a recipient, select the mp4 media program.

There's also a tablet available at some units. It's set up as a rental or subscription type thing. I got my brother one for $15/month +tax. You can select monthly or prepay for 3 or 6 month terms. You have to have a Paypal account. The fees are automatically deducted on the 1st of each month. Inmates can make calls from the tablet. But to be honest, it's not that good with that. Every time my brother calls me from his tablet, he sounds like a robot and breaks up constantly. But they can also get podcasts, music, ebooks, games, and search for jobs. They just can't apply for the jobs. You can read thru the faqs at securustablet.com for all the info.