Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:01 AM

Default Anyone heard they're moving Inmates out & doing major searches?

Has anyone heard about the DOC taking 5 Criminal Houses a week and moving Inmates out and doing major searches? My husband heard something about this last night and I was just looking to c if anyone else knows anything . Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to roxydavishere For This Useful Post:
icj357 (02-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2018, 07:24 PM

Default Searches

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxydavishere View Post
Has anyone heard about the DOC taking 5 Criminal Houses a week and moving Inmates out and doing major searches? My husband heard something about this last night and I was just looking to c if anyone else knows anything . Thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised. They have to try to make their case as to why they did this visitation limitation (trying to prove the increase in contraband makes it necessary)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fighting4change For This Useful Post:
icj357 (02-26-2018), xolady (03-13-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,415 Posts

They have began canceling visit all weekend at 4 prisons then 5 last weekend citing too much contraband found. They are trying everything they can do to justify the visit change. Including trying to provoke an uprising, thatís a good excuse to lock them down.

I have a feeling this is the start of something horrible. Iíve begun to email everyone I can get an address for...this is horrific.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
icj357 (02-26-2018), xolady (03-13-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 12:56 PM
icj357
Donation Award 

Speaking of visitation (sorta) my son heard that they are going to implement visitation by his badge number, and that they want to limit visitation to twice a month, starting in April, which does not bother me, I only go one day a month, my son is a Bay CF in Panama City.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by icj357 View Post
Speaking of visitation (sorta) my son heard that they are going to implement visitation by his badge number, and that they want to limit visitation to twice a month, starting in April, which does not bother me, I only go one day a month, my son is a Bay CF in Panama City.
They have a temporary memo for April through June 2018 for every other weekend that goes by the last number of the dc number with odd starting April 7 weekend and going from there.

There is also a proposed rule development to the 33s, that if it makes it through, will make it 2 days a month and for a minimum of 2 hours each day.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

Old 03-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Donation Award 

so my loved one is 8 hours from us and they want us to drive 8 hours to see him for 2 hours spend 100 plus on a hotel with 4 kids really
wow they want to mentally break these people in prisons !
this is more like turning into a concetration camp setting or brinwashing or maybe hiding all the coruption wow just wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjewel View Post
They have a temporary memo for April through June 2018 for every other weekend that goes by the last number of the dc number with odd starting April 7 weekend and going from there.

There is also a proposed rule development to the 33s, that if it makes it through, will make it 2 days a month and for a minimum of 2 hours each day.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Donation Award 

doesnt do much good if they warn them !
plus why are they not checking every other possible way contrban is getting in
like delivery trucks, people that come and go everyday and all staff
i mean think about it the prisoneers cant make it appear ,has to be coming from outside and ,visitation they are limited to what they could get in the way i have been searched
cant see why its on just visitation that is getting punished how about the guys that go out on work squads everyday
how dumb does the DOC think us the people that are doing things the right way are

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxydavishere View Post

Last edited by 51littlemama; 03-12-2018 at 10:49 AM..
Old 03-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Hannah & Jimmy

What the hell is going on? My boyfriend was just sentenced to DOC. He is currently in Orlando.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Donation Award 

so why arent they searching the delivery trucks and the Guards ??
why pick on just one way contra ban gets in , I know the way they search me I wouldnt even think they could get away with anything !

Quote:
They have began canceling visit all weekend at 4 prisons then 5 last weekend citing too much contraband found. They are trying everything they can do to justify the visit change. Including trying to provoke an uprising, thatís a good excuse to lock them down.

I have a feeling this is the start of something horrible. Iíve begun to email everyone I can get an address for...this is horrific.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

JPays new tablet and kiosk contract starts this year. There is hundreds of thousands of dollars to recoup. DOC thinks if they put down and show just cause they can take visits that will cause family to pay the high price of video teleconference, $2.95 for 15 minutes.

What they donít realize is ppl was chomping at the bits for those things to come
UNTIL they started putting down on visits. Now, we boycott JPay. By the way, Securus bought JPay several years ago.

See, itís not going to do them any good to put down on vendors or staff.
They could care less about JPay. Itís not the contraband thatís the issue, itís the money on that Contract.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjewel For This Useful Post:
51littlemama (03-25-2018), Charlie's Mom (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 07:12 AM

Thanked 5,797 Times in 3,030 Posts

Monopoly!!!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:17 AM

Exactly how much will DOC make from each video call?
Old 03-23-2018, 08:46 PM

does anyone know which facilities this is happening at? I have not received a call from my boyfriend in a week. He was supposed to call Monday. I hope they're alright in there.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:

Where can I read about the visitation change?
Old 03-27-2018, 10:01 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

The doc website click on newsroom http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/pubaff.html and the changes to the 33s here: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/secretary/...ces/index.html

Other than that Judy google Ďreplacing inperson visits with video callsí. I think Securus or JPay grossed 9 million last year.

The contract for JPay and Florida says DOC gets $1.25 or $2.25 per transaction. They have hunfreds if not thousands a day.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:07 AM

WOW.....guess this is the replacement "cash cow" they were looking for since the phone rebates stopped. If it isn't clear to anyone this has absolutely nothing to do with contraband...I don't know what can make it any clearer.

Anjewel, what can I do besides letters. Is there a legal fund I can support?