Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:21 PM

Default Anyone in Chicago living w/someone on parole, probation, or EM?

Hi, I'm doing a research project on the experiences of family members who have a loved on on some type of supervision. As anyone in that situation knows, supervision is not an individual experience, but a family one. If your loved one has ever been on supervision with you, please message me. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2020, 08:37 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiResearcher View Post
Hi, I'm doing a research project on the experiences of family members who have a loved on on some type of supervision. As anyone in that situation knows, supervision is not an individual experience, but a family one. If your loved one has ever been on supervision with you, please message me. Thanks
Research project for where/what purpose?

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 06-15-2020, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,366 Times in 3,179 Posts

Advisory for PTO Members Regarding Requests from Journalists & Members of the Media, and Students/Researchers:

PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.

We will, occasionally, allow the media or students/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members. However, PTO does not endorse any journalist, member of the media, story/report, media outlet, student/researcher, or educational/research institution.

If you decide to communicate with a media representative or a researcher, then you assume all of the risks involved. PTO is in no way liable for the outcome of the story/report/paper. Communication with members of the media and students/researchers is completely voluntarily and PTO holds no responsibility for the consequences of that communication.

PTO does not screen or authenticate any person(s) claiming to be from the media or from an educational/research institution, nor does PTO authenticate their motivations for obtaining the information.

As always, the disclosure of personal information (either yours or someone that is incarcerated) may have some serious repercussions. PTO has no way of predicting how the media or any researcher will present your story or that of your loved one. Any relationship with the media or any researchers is to be entered into at your own risk.

If you receive an unsolicited email or private message from a person claiming to be from the media or researching information for an educational or research institution, report it to the PTO Administration immediately.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Research project for where/what purpose?
I'm a PhD student in Chicago and the research project is a part of my dissertation examining the ways family members and household members are affected by supervision. I sent a message to you I think. Can I send you more details in a message? My original post on here was deleted because I mentioned compensation and apparently, that isn't allowed on here.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChiResearcher For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-16-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 10:15 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiResearcher View Post
I'm a PhD student in Chicago and the research project is a part of my dissertation examining the ways family members and household members are affected by supervision. I sent a message to you I think. Can I send you more details in a message? My original post on here was deleted because I mentioned compensation and apparently, that isn't allowed on here.
I replied back to you. I saw your old posts from 2012 so I wasn’t sure what the deal was. You were formerly incarcerated and now you’re pursuing your PhD?? That’s awesome!!!

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-19-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
I replied back to you. I saw your old posts from 2012 so I wasn’t sure what the deal was. You were formerly incarcerated and now you’re pursuing your PhD?? That’s awesome!!!
Thanks. I haven't been on here in years. I replied to message the other day with more info. Not sure if it went through. This site is a little clunky.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,840 Times in 13,683 Posts

An easy way to confirm that your messages are successfully posted is:

click on your user name at the top of each PTO page.

then "show all statistics" and "find all posts" from you.

A list of links to each message will appear. After checking the first one, your browser's "back" feature will return you to the list so you can review the next one. You can only edit a post for one hour after it is submitted.