Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:54 AM
Donation Award 

Question Issue with Phone call from RRM Long Beach

My LO is now in the RRM Long Beach facility; he tried to call me but my it seems my phone needs some credit card information ? It worked fine from Victorville Medium I, and II. Has anyone experienced this ? I know my LO is worried when he cannot call me and this is new to me . Anyone has had the same issue ? Why the difference ? thank you anyone for your input.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunabosphora View Post
My LO is now in the RRM Long Beach facility; he tried to call me but my it seems my phone needs some credit card information ? It worked fine from Victorville Medium I, and II. Has anyone experienced this ? I know my LO is worried when he cannot call me and this is new to me . Anyone has had the same issue ? Why the difference ? thank you anyone for your input.
Some prisons just use collect call companies that's all that is
Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,988 Times in 10,260 Posts

It must be the phone company that is originating the call. My HWH had old fashioned pay phones which worked fine for local calls. I bought a prepaid phone card from a large drug store (Walmart has them too) for long distance calls, but it included a built in penalty in minutes for any calls made from a pay phone. Have him ask the HWH phone provider how to call you.